LunaBianca

ilegal in germany.. :help:

10 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I am going to have to fill out packet three pretty soon, and I had a question regarding police records.

My husband was residing iligally in Germany for about 2 years and when we applied for the I-130 the lady in the embassy said that my husband was going to be asked for police records later on. Now we are going to have to fill out the packet three. The only record that my husband has from germany is a letter from court stating that he is ok however is not allowed to step in certain countries... like italy, germany vienna and so on without a visa and that he was judged for this by the court and returned to albania .

My question is: is this court letter enough? if not what else can my husband do :unsure: ?

Thank you for any questions you can provide me with.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

This court letter should be good enough. Since your husband wasn´t living legally in germany he won´t be able to apply for a police record from germany anyway. Just explain the situation to the consulate manager. What in the first line they wanna check for is if he has any crime records. If your husband never got in conflict with german law, besides of he has lived in germany ilegally, you won´t have to worry.

Good Luck

Edited by paujoric

04-28 We met online for the first time

05-22 First meeting in person in Dallas, TX

01-03 Rico gets his B2 visa

02-28 Rico comes back to TX for a 6 months visit

09-26 Paula Jo comes back to Germany and stays until end of October

12-08 Rico comes back to TX and stays until February 20, 2006

04-13 Paula Jo has mailed off Petition I-129F to TSC

04-17 Petition I-129F arrived with TSC in Mesquite, TX

04-21 NOA 1 (Paula Jo receives it on 04-26)

05-10 Paula Jo comes to Germany and stays until June 9

06-30 IMBRA RFE 1 arrives

07-03 IMBRA RFE mailed back

08-24 Received RFE #2

08-28 Mailed off RFE#2 requested papers

09-11 Updated and NOA2 FINALLY APPROVED!

10-03 NVC received our case

10-05 Our case left NVC for consulat in Frankfurt/Germany

10-10 our case arrived with consulat in Frankfurt

10-14 Rico received package #3

10-17 Rico sent back package #3

10-26 Rico got medical exam done in Frankfurt. Still waiting for interview date

11-01 Rico received package # 4

11-09 Rico had interview and visa got approved

11-29 Rico received Visa in the mail

12-13 We arrive together in TX

01-10 Rico applied for SSN

01-20 Rico received his SSN Card

01-25 OUR WEDDING DAY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

I don't know if that is enough, but my fiance was able to get a police report from Italy although he was illegally there. They can still run a name check and see if a name pops out. Unless the document you have actually states he committed no crime and is for the time period he was there I wouldn't be so sure if it was enough.

AOS

AOS, EAD, AP mailed 3/13/07

AOS Appt-Fresno, CA 6/14/07

AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Card Received in the mail 6-29-07

Removal of Conditions

I-751 mailed 3/17/09

Card Received 7/11/09

Citizenship!!!!!

N-400 mailed 3/17/10

Interview 6/28/10

Oath 7/19/10

Sisters' I-130

I-130s mailed 8/14/10

checks cashed 8/23/10

Thank you paujoric and Creel for your replies. My husband was iligally in Germany and was given a court letter which states that he was iligally in germany and was not allowed back without a visa and that's all. I do not know Creel how can he ask for them. By the way did you recieve the inteview date yet?

Paujoric I am thinking the same thing, that police records are needed only from residents, I do not know how he can get police records if he was iligally there. I hope to God the court letter will be enough for them.

Thank you again guys

City: California/Bayern - Filed K-1 from China Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

From my understanding, he would not be able to get a police report from Germany unless he was a registered resident there.

The police report for Germany is usually obtained at the local municipal office where the person lives/lived. He obviously wasn't registered, so I don't think they will provide it. Maybe, if you show-up in person at the local municipal office where he lived and present the court letter and explain the situation in detail. If they're nice about, then maybe they will give it to you if you provide fingerprints, etc.

Typically, countries aren't that nice about helping out people that were in their country illegaly, so you may be up against a wall. If they don't help, you may just have to roll the dice and hope that the court letter is enough. Staying illegaly might raise a red flag on your application.

K-1 VISA:

3/4/06: I-129F Sent to CSC

3/14/06: NOA1

7/21/06: IMBRA RFE received by CSC

8/22/06: NOA2

9/8/06: Case arrives at NVC

9/16/06: NVC departure letter received

9/22/06: Left NVC bound for China

10/6/06: Case arrives at Guangzhou consulate

10/20/06: Received Packet 3

10/26/06: Sent DS-230 back to consulate

11/9/06: Sent OF-169 back to consulate

11/17/06: Received Packet 4

11/25/06: Completed Medical Exam in Beijing

12/15/06: Interview in Guangzhou (Success!!)

12/19/06: Received K-1 visa

1/12/07: Entered U.S. (POE: SFO)

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS:

1/26/07: Applied for SSN

2/8/07: Medical exam for vaccinations

2/9/07: Received SSN

3/3/07: Married!! (WooHoo!!)

3/16/07: Changed name on SSN

4/3/07: Sent AOS application to Chicago

4/5/07: AOS application arrived in Chicago

4/16/07: Received NOAs for AOS, EAD, & AP (NOA date: 4/12)

4/24/07: Received biometrics appt. letter

5/7/07: Biometrics appointment

5/25/07: Received interview appt. letter

6/25/07: Received AP documents

6/28/07: Received EAD card

7/18/07: AOS Interview (Approved!)

7/30/07: Received 2-year green card

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

4/24/09: I-751 sent to CSC

4/27/09: I-751 arrived at CSC

5/13/09: Received NOA letter (NOA date: 4/27)

6/4/09: Received biometrics appt. letter

6/13/09: Biometrics appointment

8/6/09: Card production ordered

8/12/09: Received card in mail

Not too long ago there was a lady here in VJ whose husband had stayed in (if I remember correctly) Italy illegaly and was able to obtain a police certificate from Italy...

Let me see if I find the thread- maybe she can help you further.

Ok, here it is:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=39395&hl=

Good luck!

short history:

2001 - met in Germany

April 2003 - fell in love

Aug 2004 - go to the US for internship

Feb 2005 - both return to Germany

Aug 2006 - getting married

DCF timeline:

09/01/2006 - filed the petition in Frankfurt

09/06/2006 - medical in Frankfurt

09/26/2006 - faxed checklist

10/05/2006 - received interview invite

11/01/2006 - INTERVIEW in Frankfurt - approved!

11/04/2006 - VISA IN HAND!!

12/21/2006 - POE San Francisco and ON TO SEA!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I am going to have to fill out packet three pretty soon, and I had a question regarding police records.

My husband was residing iligally in Germany for about 2 years and when we applied for the I-130 the lady in the embassy said that my husband was going to be asked for police records later on. Now we are going to have to fill out the packet three. The only record that my husband has from germany is a letter from court stating that he is ok however is not allowed to step in certain countries... like italy, germany vienna and so on without a visa and that he was judged for this by the court and returned to albania .

My question is: is this court letter enough? if not what else can my husband do :unsure: ?

Thank you for any questions you can provide me with.

It may be worth a quick phone call -

Former residents of Germany, no longer registered in Germany, can apply for an individual record through the German Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence, or directly with the Bundeszentralregister in Bonn. The application form is available at the German Embassy/Consulate, or directly from the Bundeszentralregister, Auslandsabteilung, Heinemannstrasse 6, 53175 Bonn. Telephone: 01888-58443. Fee: 13 EURO. Processing time - minimum of three to four weeks.

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

My fiance was illegally in Italy and showed up where they issued the police reports. They said said you are here illegally and he said if you give me the police report I am heading back to Albania to apply for a US visa. They printed the police report and gave it to him!! They didn't do anything about him being illegal. I know Italy and Germany are two different balls of wax, but I would try and use the info given above on how to get a police report and at least try.

Yes, we have his interview November 30th in Albania. I head out the day after Thanksgiving. Believe it or not our issue is now the Greek police report. The Greek embassy in Albania will only send it directly to the American embassy and it is still not there yet. If it doesn't arrive in time they will reschedule our interview. Very nerve racking.

AOS

AOS, EAD, AP mailed 3/13/07

AOS Appt-Fresno, CA 6/14/07

AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Card Received in the mail 6-29-07

Removal of Conditions

I-751 mailed 3/17/09

Card Received 7/11/09

Citizenship!!!!!

N-400 mailed 3/17/10

Interview 6/28/10

Oath 7/19/10

Sisters' I-130

I-130s mailed 8/14/10

checks cashed 8/23/10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It sounds like a phone call to Germany would be in order.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

My husband went to the germany embassy in Albania and called them as well. The police in germany said that we already gave you those two papers regarding you being illegaly from court and that's all we have of your because you have not been a resident here. :unsure: do not know now what is going to happen now if they will accept them or not.

Oh I hope you get those police records from Greece very soon so you will not have to resechdule your interview.

My fiance was illegally in Italy and showed up where they issued the police reports. They said said you are here illegally and he said if you give me the police report I am heading back to Albania to apply for a US visa. They printed the police report and gave it to him!! They didn't do anything about him being illegal. I know Italy and Germany are two different balls of wax, but I would try and use the info given above on how to get a police report and at least try.

Yes, we have his interview November 30th in Albania. I head out the day after Thanksgiving. Believe it or not our issue is now the Greek police report. The Greek embassy in Albania will only send it directly to the American embassy and it is still not there yet. If it doesn't arrive in time they will reschedule our interview. Very nerve racking.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.