885 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Usually Visa is 6 months. However; when you will get your green card upon arrival it will be for 2 years. I wonder why your visa is for 2 and half months.

cuz it includes ur medical dates to, so like say if ur medical was done in nov and they issued u visa in march , so including ur medical and ur visa ur good till may cuz ur medical expires in may so they issued like that., make sure u leave the counrty and reach to states before ur medical expires

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

cuz it includes ur medical dates to, so like say if ur medical was done in nov and they issued u visa in march , so including ur medical and ur visa ur good till may cuz ur medical expires in may so they issued like that., make sure u leave the counrty and reach to states before ur medical expires

sam1707 wow you great bro....i didn't think about it, thanks man i search for it lot but u give me right answer and one more i have annotation * in my visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Alice L.

10 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

My fiancé's application status updated the third time with no change... The details are as follows

Visa K1

Interview 11th Feb Mumbai

Result 221g ( Affidavit )

221g submitted on 13th Feb in Hyderabad

First status update 14th Feb AP

Second status update 26th Feb AP

Third status update 8th Mar AP

Status again updated on 13th March AP

Fifth status update on 17th March and result is still AP

Timeline

What does this mean?? As in my fiancé's visa status keeps getting updated but it says its still in AP... As in what the actual meaning of changes in "status last updated" ?? Should I email them and inquire about the Visa??

I don't know about others when my bhabi ji's status started changing more and more often, it meant they were working on her case because her ap ended soon after that. Like right before we got our visa, the date was changing every few days before that they hadn't touched it in over a month.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

sam1707 wow you great bro....i didn't think about it, thanks man i search for it lot but u give me right answer and one more i have annotation * in my visa.

welcome,...

Timeline

I don't know about others when my bhabi ji's status started changing more and more often, it meant they were working on her case because her ap ended soon after that. Like right before we got our visa, the date was changing every few days before that they hadn't touched it in over a month.

Cheers mate.. Thanks.. That's really good to know.. Hope we'll get ours soon enough in shaa allah

Timeline

Just checked and it again updated and so this is the sixth update..

Interview : 11th Feb Result : AP (Mumbai)

Submitted Documents and passport : 13th Feb (Hyd)

1st update : 14th Feb

2nd update : 26th Feb

3rd update : 8th Mar

4th update : 13th Mar

5th update : 17th Mar

6th update : 18th Mar

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Just checked and it again updated and so this is the sixth update..

Interview : 11th Feb Result : AP (Mumbai)

Submitted Documents and passport : 13th Feb (Hyd)

1st update : 14th Feb

2nd update : 26th Feb

3rd update : 8th Mar

4th update : 13th Mar

5th update : 17th Mar

6th update : 18th Mar

Guys, My wife case turned to "Issued" today, I am very happy. See below for more details. I contacted my local Congresman and they approached Mumbai embassy on 8th March.

Interview: 06 Feb 2013 Mumbai consulate

Result: AP, just one document regarding divorce

Sumbitted Document: 25th Feb 2013

First Date updated: 26th Feb 2013

Congressman Contacted: 11th Feb 2013

second data update: 12th Feb 2013 with AP

third update: 13th Feb 2013 with AP

4th update: 15th Feb with AP

5th update: 18th Feb 2013 with "Ready"

Final update: 18th Feb 2013 with "Issued"

Thank You,

Spouse Priority Date: 10/15/2010

Case Completed: 08/30/2011

Interview Feb 06 2013

Filed: Timeline

Forum, ppl

So, after waiting for 5 months I finally visited India since our case was still pending. I made an appointment with the U.S. consulate in Mumbai to find out what is causing the delay. I made the appointment under "other services." So, I went in there excepting an answer from them but all they kept saying was "visa department is out of our reach and we don't process visa application or answer visa inquires and that is handled by the visa consular department." I talked with them for 15 minutes but I got the same response its under processing. So, we drove back to our house which is 6 hrs away.

After reaching home I checked the ceac.state.gov website to check the status and to my surprise it changed to "issued" from "ready" and coincidentally the status updated date was same as my appt date. I finally picked up my wife's passport today with a VISA. Just wanted to update ppl who were following my case. I hope everybody gets their visa completed and good luck on your journey. I waited almost 6 months for an approval.

Timeline

Forum, ppl

So, after waiting for 5 months I finally visited India since our case was still pending. I made an appointment with the U.S. consulate in Mumbai to find out what is causing the delay. I made the appointment under "other services." So, I went in there excepting an answer from them but all they kept saying was "visa department is out of our reach and we don't process visa application or answer visa inquires and that is handled by the visa consular department." I talked with them for 15 minutes but I got the same response its under processing. So, we drove back to our house which is 6 hrs away.

After reaching home I checked the ceac.state.gov website to check the status and to my surprise it changed to "issued" from "ready" and coincidentally the status updated date was same as my appt date. I finally picked up my wife's passport today with a VISA. Just wanted to update ppl who were following my case. I hope everybody gets their visa completed and good luck on your journey. I waited almost 6 months for an approval.

Wow! Congratulations!! Dinank.

Timeline

Forum, ppl

Congrats Dinank....Have fun... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Edited by mkaurd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.