885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just checked my wife's case status and it says "READY" and status update date as Dec. 17, 2012. Hopefully she is approved???

Hi Dinank,

Today ( December 24) at 9:00 pm, I have checked my status here in this site and it says Ready and last updated on December 7, 2012. I have checked today because I get to know about this site today only. What does it mean? Does it mean, they have approved Visa??

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Ready

Immigrant Visa Case Number: BMBXXXXXXXXXX XX BMB

Case Creation Date: 06-Aug-2012

Status Updated Date: 07-Dec-2012

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Anyone, Please throw light on this situation..little confused what does it mean?

Whereas I have sent a mail on December 17, regarding my passport status to support@ustraveldocs.com and I received a mail from them that is still under processing with the consulate.

Or does it mean that visa is approved but they will send passport on January and then they will disclose that Passport is ready for pick up?

I don't think they will further take any interview...

Please help

Timeline

Hi Dinank,

Today ( December 24) at 9:00 pm, I have checked my status here in this site and it says Ready and last updated on December 7, 2012. I have checked today because I get to know about this site today only. What does it mean? Does it mean, they have approved Visa??

U.S. Department of State

Ready

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

Anyone, Please throw light on this situation..little confused what does it mean?

Whereas I have sent a mail on December 17, regarding my passport status to support@ustraveldocs.com and I received a mail from them that is still under processing with the consulate.

Or does it mean that visa is approved but they will send passport on January and then they will disclose that Passport is ready for pick up?

Please help

Payal, i think it is showing pre-interview status for you,

mine shows as follows:

Administrative Processing

Immigrant Visa Case Number: BMBXXXXXXXXXX 01 BMB

Case Creation Date: 21-Jul-2012

Status Updated Date: 21-Dec-2012

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

Hi Dinank,

U.S. Department of State

Ready

Please help

mine shows as follows:

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

Filed: Timeline

Hi Dinank,

U.S. Department of State

Ready

Please help

Hey Payal,

Happy holidays to everyone stuck with a 221g in mumbai. My wife's petition says the same thing. To find out if the visa issued or not I opened the interview schedule form from the consulate website and typed in different case to find out what it would say if the visa is granted. IF the visa is granted it says "ISSUED". I went through about 20 case numbers and the responses I see are either "Administrative processing", "Ready", or "Issued". I believe we are right around the corner for visa approvals. This wait is agonizing. Our marriage anniversary was on Dec. 18 which hoped to celebrate with my wife in but the imbeciles at the consulate are slow and stupid.

I hope they process her visa in the first week of the new year

Timeline

mine shows as follows:

mine shows as follows:

Thank You so much for the information. Based on your given scenario, I think you are right and it is showing my pre-interview status. Thanks buddy once again.

Timeline

Hey Payal,

Happy holidays to everyone stuck with a 221g in mumbai. My wife's petition says the same thing. To find out if the visa issued or not I opened the interview schedule form from the consulate website and typed in different case to find out what it would say if the visa is granted. IF the visa is granted it says "ISSUED". I went through about 20 case numbers and the responses I see are either "Administrative processing", "Ready", or "Issued". I believe we are right around the corner for visa approvals. This wait is agonizing. Our marriage anniversary was on Dec. 18 which hoped to celebrate with my wife in but the imbeciles at the consulate are slow and stupid.

I hope they process her visa in the first week of the new year

Than You Dinank for the useful information. BTW Merry Christmas And a Very Happy and prosperous New Year! Our Marriage anniversary is on Jan 15, so I am praying before that if they can grant the visa so that we can celebrate together. But lets see how it goes.

Thanks a ton to you and Pgupta once again!

Timeline

Than You Dinank for the useful information. BTW Merry Christmas And a Very Happy and prosperous New Year! Our Marriage anniversary is on Jan 15, so I am praying before that if they can grant the visa so that we can celebrate together. But lets see how it goes.

Thanks a ton to you and Pgupta once again!

Hi Dinank, today as you said that you went through the consulate Appointment schedule page and checked the status, I also did the same thing and maximum I got Issued or Administrative Processing. But I didn't get any status mentioning " Ready". So lets see how it goes :(

Timeline

Hi Dinank, today as you said that you went through the consulate Appointment schedule page and checked the status, I also did the same thing and maximum I got Issued or Administrative Processing. But I didn't get any status mentioning " Ready". So lets see how it goes :(

by god grace they should approve all pending 221g tomorrow (26th) as a new year gift to us.

Timeline

mine shows as follows:

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days

mine shows as follows:

Hi Mr. Gupta,

Merry Christmas!

Just wondering, my case status is showing " Ready"..what does it mean exactly that they didn't yet open my envelope? but it is showing last update December 7.

Any idea!

Timeline

Hi Mr. Gupta,

Merry Christmas!

Just wondering, my case status is showing " Ready"..what does it mean exactly that they didn't yet open my envelope? but it is showing last update December 7.

Any idea!

Payal, State department works in a strange way, i don't think they have opened any envelop for pending cases. because when i call they always says waiting for documents. so dont worry and do not give any importance to these status messages. my status they have updated on Dec 21st, so soon they will update your status as well.

Merry Christmas and lets hope to hear good news in new year.

Edited by pgupta

Timeline

Payal, State department works in a strange way, i don't think they have opened any envelop for pending cases. because when i call they always says waiting for documents. so dont worry and do not give any importance to these status messages. my status they have updated on Dec 21st, so soon they will update your status as well.

Merry Christmas and lets hope to hear good news in new year.

Thank You for the information. You always post bagful of positive information and of course very helpful as well.

Just wondering is your name is Pawan Gupta because today I have gone through other forum called forumpages and got this name. There is also a picture of a couple and I guess that lady is Madhu :)

Sorry please don't mind just asking..

Timeline

Thank You for the information. You always post bagful of positive information and of course very helpful as well.

Just wondering is your name is Pawan Gupta because today I have gone through other forum called forumpages and got this name. There is also a picture of a couple and I guess that lady is Madhu :)

Sorry please don't mind just asking..

Yes, My name is Pawan Gupta, My wife's name is Madhu Singh. I live in Dallas, Texas.

Currently visiting my wife at Indore. :D

but not sure how i ended up in formpages :no:

Edited by pgupta

Timeline

Yes, My name is Pawan Gupta, My wife's name is Madhu Singh. I live in Dallas, Texas.

Currently visiting my wife at Indore. :D

but not sure how i ended up in formpages :no:

Pawan check this site:

http://www.forumforpages.com/facebook/u-s-consulate-general-mumbai/why-it-take-so-long-to-get-visa-after-document-submission-under-221g/1695867606/0

It was my wild guess but it worked. BTW I only wanted to confirm your name and you gave so much of information :)

Timeline

Pawan check this site:

http://www.forumforpages.com/facebook/u-s-consulate-general-mumbai/why-it-take-so-long-to-get-visa-after-document-submission-under-221g/1695867606/0

It was my wild guess but it worked. BTW I only wanted to confirm your name and you gave so much of information :)

yes that is us :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.