Cyn&Alex

Phone call from Embassy

11 posts in this topic

So my fiance got a phone call from the Embassy about the date for his interview. Which for Heaven's sake is two months out from now. Really? Is this standard procedure for them to call you before sending you the required medical paperwork needed for the interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I think anything about the embassy in Athens is a mystery. Most members on here have not given any kind of details on their experiences when dealing with this embassy, even though they have been approved. So you really don't know what to expect I guess. And yes.. this is a hint and nudge to all members that will be going through the Athens Embassy to share their experiences.

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm afraid geena has a good point.

Anything is possible when it comes to embassies. As a general rule, if you have certain doubts about how they do something, establish good communication with them (by email if possible so you can have written confirmations) and simply ask them. They are the only ones that can tell you with certainty: yes, no, maybe or no way Jose.

Some (most) embassies give more importance to those emails where they can read, right away, that they have a pending case; so, on the email subject, be sure to put that you need help with a K1 and add your new case number from the NVC something like: K1 Help - BNS#54654654654654654

Timeline

I think you need to utilize the Portal Section a bit better.

Consulate Review: Athens, Greece

Review Topic: IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Description

Review Date : February 7, 2012

Embassy Review : Interview scheduled for 8:30am. Arrived at 8:15. Handed in interview letter and passport. They asked how did we meet and when did we get married. And then said congrats. She was out of there within 60 mins. Now time to book a flight.

Rating : Very Good

The Athens Embassy is a great Embassy. They have a facebook page too. Like it! From there you'll see that roughly every 6 weeks they do a web chat thing live and you can type in questions and they'll answer them.

Timeline

I have utilized it.. And I have read your review.. That's why I said most members.. Your review is basically the only one.. Its why I said what I said..

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent

NVC

Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think you need to utilize the Portal Section a bit better.

Consulate Review: Athens, Greece

Review Topic: IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Description

Review Date : February 7, 2012

Embassy Review : Interview scheduled for 8:30am. Arrived at 8:15. Handed in interview letter and passport. They asked how did we meet and when did we get married. And then said congrats. She was out of there within 60 mins. Now time to book a flight.

Rating : Very Good

The Athens Embassy is a great Embassy. They have a facebook page too. Like it! From there you'll see that roughly every 6 weeks they do a web chat thing live and you can type in questions and they'll answer them.

You do seem to be the only one yes.gif You are always helping all Greek members

Timeline

Forgive me if I seemed abrasive. Maybe you all need to get on these K1 filers! Start sending them PM's. I know nothing about that process. But I do know the embassy is extremely helpful in Greece. For the Greek citizens it will be a breath of fresh air too, as compared to what they're used to dealing with, in regards to Greek gov't.

Timeline

Lol! I am the Greek citizen so I know exactly what you are referring to!

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent

NVC

Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent

Forgive me if I seemed abrasive. Maybe you all need to get on these K1 filers! Start sending them PM's. I know nothing about that process. But I do know the embassy is extremely helpful in Greece. For the Greek citizens it will be a breath of fresh air too, as compared to what they're used to dealing with, in regards to Greek gov't.

Well, my friend, If I may call you that. My dealings with the Embassy have been slim to none in regards to them not answering any phone calls. It goes to an audix and then says they will transfer me to an attendant which results in a hang up on my phone call. That happened about 8 times calling every hour. Let me tell, hate to see my bill. I have called them repeatedly during business hours to no avail. I have emailed them several times and they have responded within reasonable timing, BUT are vague and do not answer but maybe one question. Of course since you have been dealing with them strikes are now the norm so it has caused alot of issues on mail delivery. I too have utilized this portal and you are the only one that has actually reviewed them. There is not much info regarding Athens at all on here. I do wish our members were more involved. (I mean some countries blow up the forums with responses) It would help immensely. I actually have been in touch with two members on here by personal email. They have been very helpful. I have tried helping but I only know so much. Plus I work alllllll the time, So I am not always available. Our portal just doesn't seem to need questions answered I guess which made me think the Athens Embassy was awesome!!!! Well, in my dealings with them I find this not to ring true necessarily. My fiance even said that he was kind of amazed at teh lack of professionalism demonstrated in his phone call. I am sure I will have more, so far I am not really happy, BUT they are gov't so I mean you can only ask for so much. Plus, I do agree with you in reference to the Greek Gov't. It is a surprise every time I visit there and see things that boggle my mind. I am grateful everyday I am an American and I truly feel for the Greek people.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.