Matt_Stevens

What is the Visa for American spouses of Vietnam citizens called?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, gang. I posted about this once before a few years ag, but the forum has changed and the links are all no longer valid and my searches only bring up answers to visas INTO the United States.

I have a new passport so I need a new visa INTO VIETNAM. I do not want the normal Single or Double entry visa.

I had a spousal visa. A visa for a husband of a Vietnamese citizen. My wife is from Saigon and still has her Vietnamese passport.

This visa is less expensive and lasts a heck of a lot longer.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This is not the visa I want:

http://vietnamembassy-usa.org/services/visa-application-process

Edited by Matt_Stevens

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

this forum is only for US based visas

This forum is for VN VJ members and there is NO restriction to US based visa disussion.

Hi, gang. I posted about this once before a few years ag, but the forum has changed and the links are all no longer valid and my searches only bring up answers to visas INTO the United States.

I have a new passport so I need a new visa INTO VIETNAM. I do not want the normal Single or Double entry visa.

I had a spousal visa. A visa for a husband of a Vietnamese citizen. My wife is from Saigon and still has her Vietnamese passport.

This visa is less expensive and lasts a heck of a lot longer.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This is not the visa I want:

http://vietnamembass...ication-process

http://mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn/Home/tabid/113/Default.aspx

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Agreed, this forum is very much for VJ members and the complexities involved with being married to Vietnamese person.

Thanks you two for that info. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Matt.

If your passport is about to expire in the near future, renew it first... the visa exemption is good only as long as the validity of the passport less 6 months or up to 5 years. which ever is smaller.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife is from Vietnam and holds a Vietnamese passport. We went last week together to get my Visa for Vietnam and with our marriage certificate, I was able to get a 5 year Visa with multiple entries. It cost about $80 plus a $20 expedite fee and I received it within 20 minutes at the Consulate in San Francisco.

However, I cannot stay for more than 90 days or so in Vietnam at a time.

Best of luck to you.

Timeline

Well this is my luck. I went today to fill the forms out online and their website is completely down. it's been down all day long.

Oh joy. :blink:

Happens all of the time.... Did when I was trying before.... Am amazed if the price is really up that high.. could be just the method he went through to get it... speedy service service chages added on...

Filed: Timeline

Well, the website was back up the other day so I filled out the form, printed it out and went to the consulate today. It cost me $50 cash. The price depends on how far it is for the mailing to the embassy. At least, that's what I was told.

Too all of five minutes. Easy as pie. Nice guy. Will take 30 days or less. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.