P A U L

no police data age 16-20

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

long story short, my fiancee has no police records for age 16-20 in the country of her residence at that time... what kind of problems would that pose for our case?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Need more information: why does he have no record? Which country?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Russia.

She was born in Uzbekistan and moved to Russia at age 10. She wasn't put into official records in Russia until 20. (She didn't receive a Russian passport until 20, until that, she moved there with her name in her mother's passport and had no need for a passport.)

Her current police records from Russia only has information from age 20.

Timeline

she's been in Russian since 10, but has had no "official" record since 20.

seems immigration is going to want a police record on her from age 16... which do not exist anywhere on earth, apparently. lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Russia.

She was born in Uzbekistan and moved to Russia at age 10. She wasn't put into official records in Russia until 20. (She didn't receive a Russian passport until 20, until that, she moved there with her name in her mother's passport and had no need for a passport.)

Her current police records from Russia only has information from age 20.

She did not live in any other country after age 16...correct? No problem. Where she lived prior to age 16 makes no difference. Froam age 16-20 she lived in Russia. If there is any question about that then be prepared to show that with some evidence she may have. I sincerely doubt it is a problem.

she's been in Russian since 10, but has had no "official" record since 20.

seems immigration is going to want a police record on her from age 16... which do not exist anywhere on earth, apparently. lol

You are reading it wrong. The consulate (NOT "immigration") needs to have a police certificate from any country she lived in after age 16. That is only Russia. Non issue.

The Russian police certificAte is not going to say when she moved there, only that she has no records on file.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

at 21, she 'moved' to korea and overstayed her visa there. she left korea and returned to russia a month ago.

so from birth to age 10, she was in uzbekistan.

10 to 20, she was in russia. her russian police certificate apparently shows nothing about her before age 20.

we have yet to receive the korean police certificate, but i think the worse info on that may be that she overstayed her visa, but i don't see why that might show up on police records.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The police records will just show whether she has committed a crime or not, they do not record where she was living, so there should be no issue with the Russian police certificate.

In the case of the Korean police certificate, was she arrested and deported? If not, nothing should show. In any case her overstay was for Korea, and not America, so the US government/immigration will not be concerned with this.

Try to stop worrying so much! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

at 21, she 'moved' to korea and overstayed her visa there. she left korea and returned to russia a month ago.

so from birth to age 10, she was in uzbekistan.

10 to 20, she was in russia. her russian police certificate apparently shows nothing about her before age 20.

we have yet to receive the korean police certificate, but i think the worse info on that may be that she overstayed her visa, but i don't see why that might show up on police records.

Probably not on police records and the US consulate will not care in any case. Certificates from Russia and Korea are all you need. They do not list the dates she lived there.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.