Steve S

Sochi 2014, anyone?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Any other RUBbers considering going to the Sochi Olympics? The official site (sochi2014.com) is extremely vague about tickets -- "Please register for news and updates on the Sochi 2014 ticketing sales program and be the first to know the ticket sales launch date!" I wish they would simply post how and when ticket applications will be accepted. In Atlanta there was a lottery system. Does anyone have more information about it?

Not sure we will have the funds or the time off to go, but it is fun to think about!

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

. . . I guess nobody else is thinking of going.

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Timeline

. . . I guess nobody else is thinking of going.

I am thinking but a bit worried about cost. If my wife will learn to ski or snowboard this winter it might be more likely to happen. More likely is watching on TV here and then making a trip there when prices are better and it is not so crowded.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I am thinking but a bit worried about cost. If my wife will learn to ski or snowboard this winter it might be more likely to happen. More likely is watching on TV here and then making a trip there when prices are better and it is not so crowded.

I was lucky enough to visit Sochi for a few days at the tail-end of a study abroad trip. It of course is an unthinkably beautiful area, with beaches and warm weather then only a few miles away streams, springs, and snow-capped mountains.

If your reason for wanting to go is more to see Sochi than to see the Olympics live, I agree with james&olya, watch the games on TV and travel there some other time. If your reason for going is to see the Olympics and you cannot wait another four years then just make sure you're ready to experience Russia again. No matter how much time I've spent there, after enough time here in the "West" Russia always finds a way to surprise me! :lol:

Any other RUBbers considering going to the Sochi Olympics? The official site (sochi2014.com) is extremely vague about tickets -- "Please register for news and updates on the Sochi 2014 ticketing sales program and be the first to know the ticket sales launch date!" I wish they would simply post how and when ticket applications will be accepted. In Atlanta there was a lottery system. Does anyone have more information about it?

Not sure we will have the funds or the time off to go, but it is fun to think about!

We would love to be able to go, but we would need a significant change in our life, since it is during the busy time of my business. My father in law lives pretty close to Sochi.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Since Sochi is in my wife's backdoor we are planning our trip. We will visit her family in Bakuriani, Georgia then we will go to Batumi and travel to Sochi this route.

Hopefully by then Georgia and Russia will be on better terms.

Her brother works for Chevron and lives in Rustov. He is planning on taking us to the alpine and ice skating events..

Edited by Brusik

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Since Sochi is in my wife's backdoor we are planning our trip. We will visit her family in Bakuriani, Georgia then we will go to Batumi and travel to Sochi this route.

Hopefully by then Georgia and Russia will be on better terms.

Her brother works for Chevron and lives in Rustov. He is planning on taking us to the alpine and ice skating events..

Brusik, that sounds like it an amazing trip. Ideal if one can combine Olympics with visiting family. My in-laws live nowhere close to Sochi. We are leaning more towards watching the Games on TV as other people wrote.

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.