Tim/Mav

Philippine Catholic Religion. Is it a sin to change Beliefs

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I probably spelled Catholic wrong but I'm courios about something. Mav is being encouraged by her Tatay to be babtised in a religion when she is already babtised by the Catholic church to The Old Path or Ang Dating Daan. (Church of God)..

I felt when she told me of this that would mean denoucing one religion for another. What does this mean ? What is the difference in beliefs ?

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Choosing or switching between religious beliefs is a personal choice and preference.

Timeline

Choosing or switching between religious beliefs is a personal choice and preference.

DUH ! Thats what I said to her. That was'nt the question...

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is NOT a sin to change beliefs. As I've said its a matter of personal choice. (Which you already know because of your "DUH" reaction.)

Now, Google is your best friend if you want an in-depth look into Ang Dating Daan's doctrines and it's impact on your fiancee's Catholic upbringing. :innocent:

It is NOT a sin to change beliefs. As I've said its a matter of personal choice. (Which you already know because of your "DUH" reaction.)

Now, Google is your best friend if you want an in-depth look into Ang Dating Daan's doctrines and it's impact on your fiancee's Catholic upbringing. :innocent:

97441bb7-8425-2ba4-d197-fce9437d544f%5B1%5D.jpg:thumbs:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

I did before posting this topic. I seen and I don't know if it true or not. Women are not allowed to have short hair? 10% of your income is a nice gift. Hint Hint...

Cast-out members within the church and JUDGED by man or The Authority of the Church. All those Videos by this Religion on U-tube do allow you to Copy and Paste and no comments allowed. Humme"!

My gut feeling is and I worry about for Mav is: Once you denouce your Catholic religion and get babtised by another in this case the Church of God then you have a NEW set of Rules and beliefs.

This Religion wants to babtise as many as possible and I have a gut feeling that after that you are OWED by that Church. People are not Owed by anyone but only the Lord. Short hair is not a crime or injustice against God. Jehovah never said after preaching pass around a donation plate.

This religion is no different than others, man changes what is written to what is said.

Want to talk Pegan ? What is all this Santa #######. Rossery Beads. Holloween is the worst, bring the dead back to life. This is Human error. Not for God but to substain your imperfect (and mine) way of thinking.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

The Christian walk is one of freedom and liberation from doctrine, rules, and rituals. Whether one religion teaches certain things, it is best for a person to discover and use discernment for themselves. Personally, I would not subscribe to anything the proposes to shackle and bind me to its one way of thinking. In any case, churches can even vary greatly even within one denomination. Research and make decisions you are comfortable with. Is it a sin? Doubt it. The only One with authority on defining sin is God. If anything, it may not be a sin, but the splintered Church into a multitude of denominations is probably more detrimental than anything. Anyway, be free in Christ. The only Shepherd, and the only One who's teachings sets one free of man's dogmatic unrest.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Probably should take this to the politics/religion forum. I am sure you can get some great help with this question there :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I found studying the actual history of 1st-5th century far more fascinating than reading the fairy tales consolidated into what they dall the New Testament.

The most important insight for me was the correspondence between Pliny the Younger and the Roman Emperor Trajan when Christianity was first entered into any historical record in 112 CE. The Chiristians had no historical person named Jesus. There was no literature - no gospels, no letters of Paul, and what they did was meet in secret in people's houses for a pre-dawn communal meal. They pledged to be honest in all their affairs.

By around 130 CE it looks like the Gospel of Mark had been written, but the first version ends with the women fleeing the cave and no resurrection. A fellow named Marcion, a shipping tycoon on the Black Sea, fabricated the original letters of the nonexistent Paul, which was the first Christian "Bible" in existence.

Various factions in the Empire were eventually all forced to consolidate beginning in 325 CE under the Emperor Constantine, who saw that as a way to exercise complete control over the population. There were a series of Ecumenical Councils over that century, the first of which was the most important at Nicea. The purpose of that council was to solve the disagreement over whether Jesus was a historical person, God himself, or a spirit. As with all political problems the solution was a compromise: to make him all three. So the Nicean Creed was the result of that first meeting in 325 CE: the Trinity. It never made sense to me why this big deal was made about the trinity and finally by studying the history it made sense. The Trinity is a political settlement between different superstitions that believed very different things about the nature of Christ.

There were a large number of Christian books like the Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of Mary or Judas, etc. which represented minority factions of Christianity and had radical inconsistencies with other books. So constructing a single Canon required destroying those and persecuting people who tried to follow them. The most important person in this respect was Emperor Constantine's right hand man Bishop Eusebius. Constantine had Eusebius write a book called History of the Church. Only books consistent with that History were allowed into Canon. So the ones that had Jesus living to old age, having children, riding on a Phoenix and etc. were excluded. Gospel of Thomas was excluded because there wasn't even a historical person. Just a bunch of sayings, the most important of which was that the Kingdom of God was at hand. So no second coming, not even a first coming.

Roman Catholicism is the result of that mandatory state religion imposed by Emperor Constantine and subsequent Emperors. It was brought to Philippines by the Spanish, and forced upon the population except in the south where the Moro and others fought the Spanish to the end. Various other factions have survived or arisen since then with somewhat differing beliefs and one is free to follow any of these superstitions one wants. The most important thing is faith. Because there isn't any scientific evidence for any of it so that's what faith is: belief without evidence.

The upshot of all of it is that your own faith dictates what the rules are, not anyone else. These superstitions all made up their own dogma so you are free to make up your own too. You'll never "prove" one as better than the other using logic or science because they are faith-based not evidence-based. That is why the question of whether it is a "sin" to re-baptise or not is indeterminant because it is circular logic: you have to first establish what your faith is before you can determine whether it is a "sin".

Edited by rlogan

Timeline

That is why the question of whether it is a "sin" to re-baptise or not is indeterminant because it is circular logic: you have to first establish what your faith is before you can determine whether it is a "sin".

Finally, a decent answer.

My beliefs are Jehovah and Jesus. I bow to no man. Even Catholics don't go to Church every Sunday but they live a life that God Approves.

To the comment: This is Politics and Religion; You are wrong. This is Filipino Specific as applies to the topic.

Politics and Religion never mix.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.