Saj & Anam

IR1/CR1 Wife put on AP

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Not a good result. CO put my wife on AP. Handed Sky blue sheet with 221(g) marked with an "X" and stated that the case is in Administrative process and it will take upto 3 months and if no response in 3 months then we can contact Embassy after 90 days.

We arrived Embassy via shuttle service. They took her finger prints. Then sent to Window # 6 to submit our letter of appointment from NVC.

After waiting 25 mins She was called at window # 6 and asked to submit her medical and passport. The lady confirmed her cellular number in order to have American Express called them once the Visa will be issue and handed my wife a Purple color token with a Serial # on it to have her passport and Visa collected from American Embassy once visa approved. She asked what language my wife prefer to interview and she stated native language "Urdu".

I handed over my updated I-864 (Affidavit of support) to the lady and informed her that my job is changed and she accepted the new I-864 with my job letter and 3 yrs IRS TAX Transcripts and she returned back to me old I-864.

Then we waited another 20 mins and again my wife was called at Window # 3 and there was a White male CO officer mid age with a Pakistani lady who was doing translation in Urdu.

I introduced myself as a Petitioner to the CO and handed over my US Passport to him. CO verified the entry stamp and Biographic data on the passport and handed over my passport back to me. I requested CO that my wife is not familiar about Petitioner US documents and will need my help to provide the documents to CO during the interview. CO stated not a problem I can stay but I cannot speak during the interview.

They had my Wife take oath and then the CO sked the following questions:

1). Who is the petitioner?

Ans). My Husband and she pointed at me and CO smiled and stated ofcourse.

2). When you got married?

Ans). She told the date of our marriage.

3). Did the Rukhsatee (Bride Reception) has been performed?

Ans). Yes.

4). What your husband do for a living?

Ans). She told my job title.

5). How long you lived together after marriage?

Ans). She told 7 weeks after marriage.

6). How you know your husband?

Ans). She told about it in detail. Arrange marriage.

7). Are you ever charge for any crime OR visited court?

Ans). No never.

8). Did you travel outside Pakistan?

Ans). No Never.

9). Do you have your wedding album?

Ans). Yes. She slided the album and CO looked at the album and checked each photos then returned back with the the smile and said thank you.

10). Where you live right now?

Ans). With my in-laws.

11). Where they live?

Ans). She told the address.

12). Did this is you first Passport?

Ans). She stated that yes this is her first passport ever made.

CO stated that all documents are completed and everything is fine. We have to go through our Admin Process and it will take upto 3 months and if you didn't hear in 3 months then you can contact Embassy for an update.

The lady who was translating stated to my wife that your documents are completed and all is fine but we have to complete our Admin Process and it will take 10 days, 15 days, 30 days, 1 month upto 3 months to approve the visa. If She didn't hear in 3 months then she can contact Embassy for an update.

CO kept her passport. CO was nice and didn't asked any documents and spoke very softly during the whole interview process.

I asked CO my I speak? CO stated go ahead then I asked Co if any document require OR name check is not cleared? CO stated that all documents are completed and none required. Name check is cleared but need to go through Admin process.

My Wife said "Thank you" to the CO and he smiled at her and said "Thank you" too. We left the window and walked out the Embassy.

Why CO not aproved her visa when everything was ok and all documents are completed? I saw few others womens also got refusal sheet for AP.

My wife still crying since she left the Embassy and she is really disappointed and heart broken why she got refused and I am going to leave her alone once again.

Now, I need to know what options do we have and what you guys suggest?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

sounds like discrimination dude. all documents in order and name check complete then why AP? they have no valid reason other than just saying AP. very unprofessional.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Timeline

We are really still in a shock why CO put us on AP when everything was ok. Even I asked Co after interview that any document require and he stated that all documents are completed and name check cleared too but they have to complete the Admin Process whihc makes no sense.

I hope this AP ends soon...

Timeline

The key is not to panic. All signs point to a short AP. Hang in there and keep the faith.

11/04/11 Got Married

USCIS:

12/28/11 - I-130 Sent

12/30/11 - NOA1 Received

06/08/12 - NOA2 Received

NVC:

07/02/12 - Case arrived at NVC

07/12/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses

07/13/12 - E-mailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's e-mail address

07/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

07/24/12 - DS-3032 accepted, IV bill invoiced & PAID

07/25/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID, IV bill appears as PAID, AOS Package sent, IV Package sent

07/26/12 - AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC

08/01/12 - AOS/I-864 accepted, Checklist Issued for DS-230

08/13/12 - Responded to Checklist

08/20/12 - IV accepted, Case Complete

09/14/12 - Interview date Assigned (Interview Date: 10/04/12)

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

09/21/12 - Medical

10/04/12 - Interview (Approved!)

10/08/12 - Visa received

11/02/12 - POE (Chicago, IL)

11/25/12 - Received Permanent Resident Card

11/26/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA Office

Timeline

I'm US citizen filling for my wife she had her interveiw at Islamabad 8:00 am on November 7 after taking fingerprint they told us to be seated in the room after 10 min they call my wife name on window 3 the CO ask her only 3 questions

1 Who is ur Petitioner ?

She say my husband

2 How's ur Marriage done is arranged marriage ?

She says he is my cousin

3 How many years did ur husband family r living in USA ?

She says more then 15 years

And then CO smiles and tell my wife every thing is ok in ur case that's ur original paper what u submitted but what we need a little time AP CO give her green Sheet. And tell her it will take 2 to 3 months don't worry we don't need no paper or any evidence from u on ur case is complete but wait 2 months her interview took hardly 4 min she show me the sheet then I talk with another CO he said u don't worry that's a part of visa processing u will get ur package from American Express i left embassy 8:45 am I don't know if every thing is ok then why they said AP no sense to me

Not a good result. CO put my wife on AP. Handed Sky blue sheet with 221(g) marked with an "X" and stated that the case is in Administrative process and it will take upto 3 months and if no response in 3 months then we can contact Embassy after 90 days.

We arrived Embassy via shuttle service. They took her finger prints. Then sent to Window # 6 to submit our letter of appointment from NVC.

After waiting 25 mins She was called at window # 6 and asked to submit her medical and passport. The lady confirmed her cellular number in order to have American Express called them once the Visa will be issue and handed my wife a Purple color token with a Serial # on it to have her passport and Visa collected from American Embassy once visa approved. She asked what language my wife prefer to interview and she stated native language "Urdu".

I handed over my updated I-864 (Affidavit of support) to the lady and informed her that my job is changed and she accepted the new I-864 with my job letter and 3 yrs IRS TAX Transcripts and she returned back to me old I-864.

Then we waited another 20 mins and again my wife was called at Window # 3 and there was a White male CO officer mid age with a Pakistani lady who was doing translation in Urdu.

I introduced myself as a Petitioner to the CO and handed over my US Passport to him. CO verified the entry stamp and Biographic data on the passport and handed over my passport back to me. I requested CO that my wife is not familiar about Petitioner US documents and will need my help to provide the documents to CO during the interview. CO stated not a problem I can stay but I cannot speak during the interview.

They had my Wife take oath and then the CO sked the following questions:

1). Who is the petitioner?

Ans). My Husband and she pointed at me and CO smiled and stated ofcourse.

2). When you got married?

Ans). She told the date of our marriage.

3). Did the Rukhsatee (Bride Reception) has been performed?

Ans). Yes.

4). What your husband do for a living?

Ans). She told my job title.

5). How long you lived together after marriage?

Ans). She told 7 weeks after marriage.

6). How you know your husband?

Ans). She told about it in detail. Arrange marriage.

7). Are you ever charge for any crime OR visited court?

Ans). No never.

8). Did you travel outside Pakistan?

Ans). No Never.

9). Do you have your wedding album?

Ans). Yes. She slided the album and CO looked at the album and checked each photos then returned back with the the smile and said thank you.

10). Where you live right now?

Ans). With my in-laws.

11). Where they live?

Ans). She told the address.

12). Did this is you first Passport?

Ans). She stated that yes this is her first passport ever made.

CO stated that all documents are completed and everything is fine. We have to go through our Admin Process and it will take upto 3 months and if you didn't hear in 3 months then you can contact Embassy for an update.

The lady who was translating stated to my wife that your documents are completed and all is fine but we have to complete our Admin Process and it will take 10 days, 15 days, 30 days, 1 month upto 3 months to approve the visa. If She didn't hear in 3 months then she can contact Embassy for an update.

CO kept her passport. CO was nice and didn't asked any documents and spoke very softly during the whole interview process.

I asked CO my I speak? CO stated go ahead then I asked Co if any document require OR name check is not cleared? CO stated that all documents are completed and none required. Name check is cleared but need to go through Admin process.

My Wife said "Thank you" to the CO and he smiled at her and said "Thank you" too. We left the window and walked out the Embassy.

Why CO not aproved her visa when everything was ok and all documents are completed? I saw few others womens also got refusal sheet for AP.

My wife still crying since she left the Embassy and she is really disappointed and heart broken why she got refused and I am going to leave her alone once again.

Now, I need to know what options do we have and what you guys suggest?

hey hope u doing fine i read ur thread i was given my interview on 20 sept 2012 catogery and i was also interviewing on window # 3 where there is a pakistani lady and a mid age CO WE PUT UNDER AP MY mom is the principle applicant and i am the derivative benfificiary at the end of the interview no furthere documents from our side needed everything is clear and at the end he give us the white paper and said that we need to do some further administrative processing now 2 months passed we cant hear any thing from the embassy he took our passports we have been waiting for a call AND I hope who ever is stuck in Ap he will soong get the visa INSHALLh

Edited by ABUBAKAR FAHIM

Timeline

Hi Raheel,

Same thing CO told my wife also. I was there and CO stated that all documents are completed and everything is fine but they have to complete the Admin Process and it will take up to 3 months. CO kept my wife passport and even I asked CO after the interview ended that if they need any document OR name check is not clear what the reason for AP? CO just stated with smile that all is good they have to complete the AP process and it will take up to 3 months.

The Pakistani lady who was the translator stated to my wife that it will take a week, 15 days, 30 days, 45 days to 3 months to complete the AP process.

Hi ABUBAKAR FAHIM,

Yes, my wife interviewed at window # 3 and the CO was middle age male (with good attitude) and Pakistani lady as the translator. I hope too that AP for al of us end soon. InshaAllah!!!!

Edited by Saj & Anam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.