shins

Filling out I-134 right now!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi all! I am feeling out the Affidavit of Support right now. I have 2 cosponsors (mom and sis). Ok, couple of questions: First, I am a student right now with no job (just quit it so I can leave the country to be with her), do I need to have my "support information"? My cosponsors have theirs and I have my last 3 tax returns as well so I didn't know if I needed anything from my bank.

Second, on the I-134 there are a couple of places where it asks what is my fiancee's "Relationship to Sponsor", what do my cosponsor fill in that blank?

Thank you! I await your replies!! :)

Filed: Timeline

shins,

You may not need to submit a financial information package for the visa application package since you aren't going to be a sponsor for the visa. But the consulate may want financial information from you anyway, so it's best to be prepared. Why not have your fiancee hold onto your information, and submit only the sponsors' information on the morning of her interview? If they do ask for your information as well, she can turn it in. Either way, we'll learn something about the consulate's thoughts on the subject.

Bangkok only asks for 1 year of tax returns. People who submit 3 years typically have 2 of them promptly handed back.

The sponsors fill in what their relationship to the applicant is in the spot that asks what the relationship is. Let's figure it out this way

- what is your relationship to your fiancee

- what is your mother's relationship to you

- concatenate

- repeat for sis

Yodrak

Hi all! I am feeling out the Affidavit of Support right now. I have 2 cosponsors (mom and sis). Ok, couple of questions: First, I am a student right now with no job (just quit it so I can leave the country to be with her), do I need to have my "support information"? My cosponsors have theirs and I have my last 3 tax returns as well so I didn't know if I needed anything from my bank.

Second, on the I-134 there are a couple of places where it asks what is my fiancee's "Relationship to Sponsor", what do my cosponsor fill in that blank?

Thank you! I await your replies!! :)

Edited by Yodrak

I can't speak for your Embassy but I think that each sponsor, even the USC who doesn't meet requirements, should still submit an I-134 and all of the information to back up their I-134. If anything it proves to them you don't make enough money and need a cosponsor. I could be wrong though as I only know about London :)

Just out of curiousity, why are you having two cosponsors? I don't know the requirements for Thailand but I thought you only needed one cosponsor, just so long as they meet the requirments, and if they don't then they can't be cosponsors.

For the relationship to Sponsor I would put future daughter in law for your mothers and future sister in law for your sister, my dad was my cosponsor and he put future son-in-law.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

James_and_Miranda,

I know for sure of one, maybe two but I don't remember clearly about the 2nd, K-visa applicants at the consulate in London who did not submit financial information from their petitioners but submitted only the financial information from a sponsor who was not the petitioner.

Were you specifically required to submit the petitioner's financial information even though unqualified? Or did you submit it without being asked for it because you assumed it would be required?

Yodrak

I can't speak for your Embassy but I think that each sponsor, even the USC who doesn't meet requirements, should still submit an I-134 and all of the information to back up their I-134. If anything it proves to them you don't make enough money and need a cosponsor. I could be wrong though as I only know about London :)

Just out of curiousity, why are you having two cosponsors? I don't know the requirements for Thailand but I thought you only needed one cosponsor, just so long as they meet the requirments, and if they don't then they can't be cosponsors.

For the relationship to Sponsor I would put future daughter in law for your mothers and future sister in law for your sister, my dad was my cosponsor and he put future son-in-law.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

OK, so then in the spot that says her relationship to the sponsor should be for my mom; "Future Daughter-in-Law" and for my sister; "Future Sister-in-Law"?

Also, Question 11 (That I intend or do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of persons named in Item 3.) On the example it says N/A , is that what I put?

James_and_Miranda,

I know for sure of one, maybe two but I don't remember clearly about the 2nd, K-visa applicants at the consulate in London who did not submit financial information from their petitioners but submitted only the financial information from a sponsor who was not the petitioner.

Were you specifically required to submit the petitioner's financial information even though unqualified? Or did you submit it without being asked for it because you assumed it would be required?

Yodrak

Partially assume because that's what I seem to have heard from other people on the site and hadn't ever heard anything along the lines of telling me definitely not to send one and just my cosponsors. James hasn't had his interview yet so I don't know yet whether they'll even look at mine or not. I guess either way it's better to be safe and send mine as well! Certainly doesn't hurt, they can just ignore it.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Also, Question 11 (That I intend or do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of persons named in Item 3.) On the example it says N/A , is that what I put?

It is acceptable to put N/A yes

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

OK, so then in the spot that says her relationship to the sponsor should be for my mom; "Future Daughter-in-Law" and for my sister; "Future Sister-in-Law"?

Well, that seems like the best answer as to what their relationship is anyways, if someone has something better pipe up!

I put N/A, K1 fiance visa or something like that, whatever the example said.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Miranda,

I agree that it's wise for James to have your financial information material available in the event that it's asked for.

It would help add to our understanding of the topic if James were to hold on to your material and not submit it unless it is asked for.

Yodrak

James_and_Miranda,

Yodrak

Partially assume because that's what I seem to have heard from other people on the site and hadn't ever heard anything along the lines of telling me definitely not to send one and just my cosponsors. James hasn't had his interview yet so I don't know yet whether they'll even look at mine or not. I guess either way it's better to be safe and send mine as well! Certainly doesn't hurt, they can just ignore it.

shins,

The anecdotal evidence is that, in general, any answer other than 'hell no, she's on her own' is acceptable.

I don't know what the consular officers in Bangkok specifically think about 'N/A' in answer to this question, and I personally have made it a habit to avoid the use of N/A, because sometimes that can get one into trouble. So I wrote 'I will provide for all expenses of my fiancee while she is in the USA'. That is, after all, what I expected that I would be doing. Why dodge the question?

Yodrak

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.