Danno

‘THERE IS NO RIGHT TO SECEDE’: JUSTICE SCALIA

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We'd all be better off if military expenditures were slashed.

The United States has lots of enemies. Individual states do not. Do you ever see angry Muslims chanting "Death to Israel, death to Wisconsin"?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

The United States has lots of enemies. Individual states do not. Do you ever see angry Muslims chanting "Death to Israel, death to Wisconsin"?

Oh FFS not the Muslim/Israel card again.

VJ - the land of the broken record.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

I dunno. If you are going to be really honest with yourself, you have to look at the vitriol that has been out there the last four years. It's an a level I've not seen in my years of watching politics. I live in a red state and I am here to tell you that there are PLENTY of people who don't like a black man being in the White House. OK, by and large they are the same people who don't like people of other colors; they don't understand the women's movement; they hate gays and they think all young people are shiftless slackers. But the race of the President goes a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way in fueling their anger.

I'll not ever forget overhearing three people in a restaurant, four years ago, the day after Obama was elected. "Well, they had to let one of THEM be President eventually" said one of the men. A younger guy, by the way, and looking well dressed and educated.

You tell me what that means.

It's out there as I mentioned before. No doubt about it, and it is baffling. What's more baffling is those that try to make racism one sided as if it never happens to a white president. Regardless, race is no concern to me.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I dunno. If you are going to be really honest with yourself, you have to look at the vitriol that has been out there the last four years. It's an a level I've not seen in my years of watching politics. I live in a red state and I am here to tell you that there are PLENTY of people who don't like a black man being in the White House. OK, by and large they are the same people who don't like people of other colors; they don't understand the women's movement; they hate gays and they think all young people are shiftless slackers. But the race of the President goes a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way in fueling their anger.

I'll not ever forget overhearing three people in a restaurant, four years ago, the day after Obama was elected. "Well, they had to let one of THEM be President eventually" said one of the men. A younger guy, by the way, and looking well dressed and educated.

You tell me what that means.

You surface with these bull sh_t stories of yours every so often, good to see you again, I miss'em.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

You surface with these bull sh_t stories of yours every so often, good to see you again, I miss'em.

:lol:

Stack some bibles up and lay your copy of the Constitution on top of 'em, Danno, (put your Momma's reputation in the pile also) and I will swear to the entire truth of it.

It. Really. Happened.

Timeline

Oh FFS not the Muslim/Israel card again.

VJ - the land of the broken record.

Huh? What Muslim/Israel card? I could have used any country that poses a threat to us - North Korea, Russia, China, whatever. I was simply making a point that other countries hate the UNITED States. They don't hate the states. They don't hate Ohio or Florida or Oregon.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Huh? What Muslim/Israel card? I could have used any country that poses a threat to us - North Korea, Russia, China, whatever. I was simply making a point that other countries hate the UNITED States. They don't hate the states. They don't hate Ohio or Florida or Oregon.

Wait a minute, you mean Indiana is not the Great Satan?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I got your point. It's just that other stuff that is always on the tip of your tongue. Gives me that sensation of - deja vu.

Timeline

I got your point.

Good. My point is that no matter how many apology tours Obama will go on, some places will still hate America. It's impossible for America to wipe the slate clean.

It may be possible for some of the states to wipe the slate clean and become peaceful, prosperous, fiscally conservative countries, with strong safety nets and low taxes. Imagine what the states could accomplish if their citizens didn't have to send up to 30-40% of their income to Washington, DC.

The USA only works as a world leader as the USA. Lots of individual states would just be bit players on the world stage, Wisconsin would have about as much political significance as Haiti - not that it is ever going to happen, but just saying. Were the USA ever to split up, there would be only one super power and international politics would change radically. There would never be any going back either.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

The USA only works as a world leader as the USA. Lots of individual states would just be bit players on the world stage, Wisconsin would have about as much political significance as Haiti - not that it is ever going to happen, but just saying.

True, and I'm saying that's a good thing. They would be able to live peacefully and prosper and leave the Middle East to China and the EU.

Were the USA ever to split up, there would be only one super power and international politics would change radically. There would never be any going back either.

There would be two powers - the European Union and China. And probably Russia, a distant third.

Good. My point is that no matter how many apology tours Obama will go on, some places will still hate America. It's impossible for America to wipe the slate clean.

It may be possible for some of the states to wipe the slate clean and become peaceful, prosperous, fiscally conservative countries, with strong safety nets and low taxes. Imagine what the states could accomplish if their citizens didn't have to send up to 30-40% of their income to Washington, DC.

No, it really wouldn't. Without a federation of United states you would change the geopolitical map radically and irrevocably. I am not sure what the world under Chinese influence would actually be like, but it would not be anything like it is now. Like it or not, the fact that the US is the worlds policeman has a positive influence, if you like capitalist economics.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

I am not sure what the world under Chinese influence would actually be like, but it would not be anything like it is now. Like it or not, the fact that the US is the worlds policeman has a positive influence, if you like capitalist economics.

Ironically, the world would probably be more capitalist under Chinese influence. The Chinese are pragmatists whose utmost priority is to promote internal economic development. Unlike Western powers, China has no history of expansionism or aggression beyond its own borders.

True, and I'm saying that's a good thing. They would be able to live peacefully and prosper and leave the Middle East to China and the EU.

There would be two powers - the European Union and China. And probably Russia, a distant third.

The EU is coming apart at the seams. It's in worse shape than the US and I wouldn't be surprised if it lost a few members in the next couple of years.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline
How about a national debt that's higher than Pakistan's (relative to GDP)?

Wouldn't the states be better off if they were *peaceful* countries, and didn't have to support the military-industrial complex, endless wars, 1000 military bases around the globe, subsidies for big business and a bloated, overpaid, do-nothing government?

If there are indeed 47 states that feel the need to seceed for this reason, why are the Congressional delegations of these 47 states not working on resolving the issues that they actually created in the first place? The federal government isn't some remote universe. It's what the people of the several states make it.

And both you and I know very well that this is NOT the reaon behind this secessionist bullshite. This is driven by the birthers who will never, ever get used to the fact that a Black man is occupying the White House.