trinity025

Petitioning a Parent

7 posts in this topic

I recently mailed I-130 for my mother. What is the next step to this? Is it the I-485 before she comes over here? And I only work part time, can both me and my husband do the Affidavit of Support? Thanks

I recently mailed I-130 for my mother. What is the next step to this? Is it the I-485 before she comes over here? And I only work part time, can both me and my husband do the Affidavit of Support? Thanks

You have a long waiting time about 4 months or so before approval/denial of the application. Next step (where I am) is in the NVC (National Visa Center). Once your packet arrives in the NVC (somewhere in New Hampshire, you apply for AOS (Affidavit of Support) for your mother. You pay the $88, for the fee, the submit the AOS packet (all emailed regarding what to do) once received and done, you check your status in NVC website (again all info is provided in your email). Then you pay for the Visa processing which is $230 or so to start the processing of your Visa for your mother and fill up DS-230 Parts I & II forms. Once everything is in place, the packet then is sent to Manila Embassy. You get emailed again regarding medical exam for your mother, and then finally the interview and issuance of the Visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You have a long waiting time about 4 months or so before approval/denial of the application. Next step (where I am) is in the NVC (National Visa Center). Once your packet arrives in the NVC (somewhere in New Hampshire, you apply for AOS (Affidavit of Support) for your mother. You pay the $88, for the fee, the submit the AOS packet (all emailed regarding what to do) once received and done, you check your status in NVC website (again all info is provided in your email). Then you pay for the Visa processing which is $230 or so to start the processing of your Visa for your mother and fill up DS-230 Parts I & II forms. Once everything is in place, the packet then is sent to Manila Embassy. You get emailed again regarding medical exam for your mother, and then finally the interview and issuance of the Visa.

Who is responsible for filling out DS-230? Myself or my mother/father? Because if they live oversea like in Vietnam, how do they sign the form if I fill it out here in the USA.

11-16-12: Sent I-130 for Dad.
11-19-12: Priority date/rec'd date.
02-06-13: Case approved, NOA2.
02-19-13: NVC received case.
03-08-13: Case # assigned--HCM2013******.
03-09-13: Paid AOS Fee $88.00.
03-09-13: Emailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's email address.
03-13-13: AOS Fee showed as PAID & sent AOS package certified mail.
03-18-13: AOS package delivered @ 10:50 A.M.
03-18-13: DS-3032 accepted.
03-20-13: IV Bill Invoice.
03-21-13: Paid IV Fee $230.00.
03-23-13: IV Fee showed as PAID.
04-23-13: Sent IV package certified mail.
04-26-13: IV package delivered @ 11:13 A.M.

05-08-13: Case completed @ NVC per telephone call.

05-15-15: Case completed per email from NVC.

06-07-13: Rec'd email from NVC RE: interview date. (letter dated 06-05-13).

07-18-13: Interview date-- PASSED.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Who is responsible for filling out DS-230? Myself or my mother/father? Because if they live oversea like in Vietnam, how do they sign the form if I fill it out here in the USA.

Download Nitro Reader then enter and save the info. Then email a copy to them and have then sign and mail it back to you withall info and docs you will need in the future.

Download Nitro Reader then enter and save the info. Then email a copy to them and have then sign and mail it back to you withall info and docs you will need in the future.

Im in the same page as the OP. Is it possible for us to prepare the paperwork ahead of time, so when its time for them to ask for the docs its all ready than to wait to have it mailed to them and mail it back to us? Also, what else do we need from our parents? Do we have to have their original birth certs? passport? and for the marriage certs, does it have 2 original copies?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im in the same page as the OP. Is it possible for us to prepare the paperwork ahead of time, so when its time for them to ask for the docs its all ready than to wait to have it mailed to them and mail it back to us? Also, what else do we need from our parents? Do we have to have their original birth certs? passport? and for the marriage certs, does it have 2 original copies?

Thanks!

I've been wondering if this can be done too. Can my parents post-mail the following forms DS-3032 Choice of Agent & DS-230 to me now even before the petitions are approved?

Regarding the birth certificates & marriage certificate, certified true (NSO) copies are what they are asking for. But I have recently read that one member just sent a photocopy of the marriage certificate for one parent & the original for the other parent. They were approved when they had their interviews.

I would preferably send all certified true copies instead of a photocopy(ies).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.