58 posts in this topic

this morning i had my interview at US Embassy in Manila @ 3:45 in the morning i am already ready to go (eventhough my appointment is at 7:30am) the instruction on our appointment letter is to actually go an hour before our interview schedule but because of wanting to end early i went there really early but i would suggest those who have 7:30am schedules to go there by 5:30 or 6am because you will not be entertained until the first batch (6:30am sched) is already inside.

so from 4 am to almost 6 in the morning we were just sitting there along with other people who has an interview at USEM, after the first batch went into the building we were already asked to form our line, i was the 6th from the first person in the immigrant visa line, 10 mins before 6 (i guess, forgive me because im not really fond of wearing watches :P) we were already walking towards the gate of the embassy. at the gate you will be asked to prepare the first page of your appointment letter and your passport. They will be the one who will place your passport in a ziplock bag and will mark something on your appointment letter but they will eventually give it back to you, from there another line is formed towards the entrance going inside for security check (remember that the following are not allowed inside the embassy; cellphone, calculator,usb, cameras, any electronic device, foods arent allowed although candies are ok, all kinds of liquids are not allowed) dont worry if you get hungry they are selling food inside :P so at the security check all those prohibited stuffs will be thrown or left behind or you will be asked to give it back to your companion outside if you do have. after the security check another line is formed there are 3 counters who will then give you your priority number after you submit the first page of your appointment letter that was check by the ladies outside. my lucky number is 6143 :)

the waiting has just started :P so we were asked to sit down and wait for our number to flash on the queuing board you have to remember that numbers arent followed on numerical order, they are on random order so you may need to constantly look at the board... even when i started chatting with the people i met there we would talk but we would constantly look at the board and everytime the number that is flashed is close to our number we would get nervous and eventually realize that it is randomly called :P

at this point while waiting you need to prepare your DS forms,2 copies of DS 156, 2 copies of DS 157, and 1 copy of DS 156k. by the way i also met cj and doc (we are the art) while forming a line they are members here too, we talked before the interview because they started a thread about who is going to have an interview on the 9th :P

so when my number was flashed on the board i went inside the main building and went to the counter where my number was assigned (again another security check for the bags) and then the filipina on the window just asked for my DS forms and asked me to sit down again and wait for my number to be flashed for the finger scanning,so i went back to my seat and waited for some time there, when it was flashed again i went back inside to have my fingers scanned as soon as you approach the window they will ask you to state your full name and your birth date and then the finger scanning will start. after that, you will be asked to sit down again and wait for your number to be flashed again for your pre screening with a filipino consul and this was i guess the longest wait i had :P

my number wasnt flashed until 11am and the filipina consul who pre screened was a very nice woman she just asked me fore the following: proof of payment, BC, NBI clearance, CENOMAR, Affidavit of support, I-134, Petitioner's recent tax and W2, she also asked me to answer some of the questions on the DS form and then while doing so she was asking some questions like : what is your complete name, who is your petitioner, where did you meet? when did you meet each other in person? how many times did he visited you? how long did he stay here in the Phil? and some clarifications from the form like our address, if we were both unmarried, etc.

then lastly she said can i see your pictures i was like i brought a scrapbook will it be ok? she was like yes! and after seeing it she was like.. ok just wait for your number to be flashed again for your final interview with the american consul (the wait was very short :P like few minutes apart )

my number was already flashed and i thought it was the lady that they were talking about who is really strict (honestly inside the embassy you have a 50/50 chance of being called by rude consuls or pre-screeners, and i would say that i am so blessed to be assigned on one of the nicest people in there, i never had a problem :) )

finally with the american consul, so all i thought i was assigned to a woman and as soon as i got closer to the window i saw a man on his late 20's or early 30's then i greeted Good morning sir! and he said good morning back without looking, then he asked me to raise my right hand to pledge that i will say nothing but the truth and i just said yes sir! then he told me to put my hand down and he started asking questions

1. Who is your petitioner? (scanning our papers )

2. Where id you meet? (scanning our papers again!)

3. Is he working? what kind of work? (made me feel like he is running out of questions for me:P )

4. Where does he live? this time i was like "Do you want me to give you the exact address sir?" because i think he was just looking for questions to ask :P then he was like "No,just the state" :P so i answered then after scanning over and over and over again he was like:

"YOUR PAPER LOOKS GOOD, WAIT UNTIL YOUR NUMBER IS FLASHED AGAIN FOR FINAL INSTRUCTION"

at this point i knew "I WAS ALREADY APPROVED!!!"

so i said THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR and he just replied YOU'RE WELCOME

and so i waited for few minutes and was called at the 2go window and the guy asked if i chose home delivery and i said yes and he told me

"OK YOU CAN GO NOW AND JUST WAIT FOR YOUR VISA TO BE DELIVERED AT YOUR HOME ADDRESS"

and i said THANK YOU SO MUCH and he said YOU'RE WELCOME

ahhhh at that point i felt like i was floating at cloud 9, couldnt believe that all the stress are already done:P and it wasnt really as bad as i thought it will be, its just like a casual talk with a complete stranger :P

then on my way out Doc saw me and he called me and asked how my interview went and i told him and CJ that im already approved and wished them luck so i am hoping before the day ended they were also approved :)

for those who are constantly reading my posts you knew guys that this whole week has been one of the busiest week of my life, i am from Davao, we arrived here in Manila last sunday, Mon and Tues was my medical, Wed was my CFO and thursday is my rest day then FRI was my interview day and i would like to share this to you that God paved the way for us, it went really smooth since day 1 even if i was stressing myself out because im too scared to be confident, i dont want to be relaxed, i want to be under pressure so i can think for the proper mindset :P but all those times my fiance has always been there for me and we would constantly pray, Today before i left home going to the embassy we prayed together and it did really made me feel great, i am really thankful to have such a great man in my life, who loves me so much and whom i love so dearly and above all these all these wonderful things that have happened in me and my fiance's life was all planned by God, we have seen HIS hands all throughout the journey and i would give Him all the glory and praise.Thank you LORD!

so for all those who are about to undergo the interview at the embassy do not just focus on your papers alone because no matter how prepared you are without God it would mean nothing. Keep on praying and have faith. God will guide you all the way to the end. God bless everyone :)

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance:(L):dance:

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

this morning i had my interview at US Embassy in Manila @ 3:45 in the morning i am already ready to go (eventhough my appointment is at 7:30am) the instruction on our appointment letter is to actually go an hour before our interview schedule but because of wanting to end early i went there really early but i would suggest those who have 7:30am schedules to go there by 5:30 or 6am because you will not be entertained until the first batch (6:30am sched) is already inside.

so from 4 am to almost 6 in the morning we were just sitting there along with other people who has an interview at USEM, after the first batch went into the building we were already asked to form our line, i was the 6th from the first person in the immigrant visa line, 10 mins before 6 (i guess, forgive me because im not really fond of wearing watches :P) we were already walking towards the gate of the embassy. at the gate you will be asked to prepare the first page of your appointment letter and your passport. They will be the one who will place your passport in a ziplock bag and will mark something on your appointment letter but they will eventually give it back to you, from there another line is formed towards the entrance going inside for security check (remember that the following are not allowed inside the embassy; cellphone, calculator,usb, cameras, any electronic device, foods arent allowed although candies are ok, all kinds of liquids are not allowed) dont worry if you get hungry they are selling food inside :P so at the security check all those prohibited stuffs will be thrown or left behind or you will be asked to give it back to your companion outside if you do have. after the security check another line is formed there are 3 counters who will then give you your priority number after you submit the first page of your appointment letter that was check by the ladies outside. my lucky number is 6143 :)

the waiting has just started :P so we were asked to sit down and wait for our number to flash on the queuing board you have to remember that numbers arent followed on numerical order, they are on random order so you may need to constantly look at the board... even when i started chatting with the people i met there we would talk but we would constantly look at the board and everytime the number that is flashed is close to our number we would get nervous and eventually realize that it is randomly called :P

at this point while waiting you need to prepare your DS forms,2 copies of DS 156, 2 copies of DS 157, and 1 copy of DS 156k. by the way i also met cj and doc (we are the art) while forming a line they are members here too, we talked before the interview because they started a thread about who is going to have an interview on the 9th :P

so when my number was flashed on the board i went inside the main building and went to the counter where my number was assigned (again another security check for the bags) and then the filipina on the window just asked for my DS forms and asked me to sit down again and wait for my number to be flashed for the finger scanning,so i went back to my seat and waited for some time there, when it was flashed again i went back inside to have my fingers scanned as soon as you approach the window they will ask you to state your full name and your birth date and then the finger scanning will start. after that, you will be asked to sit down again and wait for your number to be flashed again for your pre screening with a filipino consul and this was i guess the longest wait i had :P

my number wasnt flashed until 11am and the filipina consul who pre screened was a very nice woman she just asked me fore the following: proof of payment, BC, NBI clearance, CENOMAR, Affidavit of support, I-134, Petitioner's recent tax and W2, she also asked me to answer some of the questions on the DS form and then while doing so she was asking some questions like : what is your complete name, who is your petitioner, where did you meet? when did you meet each other in person? how many times did he visited you? how long did he stay here in the Phil? and some clarifications from the form like our address, if we were both unmarried, etc.

then lastly she said can i see your pictures i was like i brought a scrapbook will it be ok? she was like yes! and after seeing it she was like.. ok just wait for your number to be flashed again for your final interview with the american consul (the wait was very short :P like few minutes apart )

my number was already flashed and i thought it was the lady that they were talking about who is really strict (honestly inside the embassy you have a 50/50 chance of being called by rude consuls or pre-screeners, and i would say that i am so blessed to be assigned on one of the nicest people in there, i never had a problem :) )

finally with the american consul, so all i thought i was assigned to a woman and as soon as i got closer to the window i saw a man on his late 20's or early 30's then i greeted Good morning sir! and he said good morning back without looking, then he asked me to raise my right hand to pledge that i will say nothing but the truth and i just said yes sir! then he told me to put my hand down and he started asking questions

1. Who is your petitioner? (scanning our papers )

2. Where id you meet? (scanning our papers again!)

3. Is he working? what kind of work? (made me feel like he is running out of questions for me:P )

4. Where does he live? this time i was like "Do you want me to give you the exact address sir?" because i think he was just looking for questions to ask :P then he was like "No,just the state" :P so i answered then after scanning over and over and over again he was like:

"YOUR PAPER LOOKS GOOD, WAIT UNTIL YOUR NUMBER IS FLASHED AGAIN FOR FINAL INSTRUCTION"

at this point i knew "I WAS ALREADY APPROVED!!!"

so i said THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR and he just replied YOU'RE WELCOME

and so i waited for few minutes and was called at the 2go window and the guy asked if i chose home delivery and i said yes and he told me

"OK YOU CAN GO NOW AND JUST WAIT FOR YOUR VISA TO BE DELIVERED AT YOUR HOME ADDRESS"

and i said THANK YOU SO MUCH and he said YOU'RE WELCOME

ahhhh at that point i felt like i was floating at cloud 9, couldnt believe that all the stress are already done:P and it wasnt really as bad as i thought it will be, its just like a casual talk with a complete stranger :P

then on my way out Doc saw me and he called me and asked how my interview went and i told him and CJ that im already approved and wished them luck so i am hoping before the day ended they were also approved :)

for those who are constantly reading my posts you knew guys that this whole week has been one of the busiest week of my life, i am from Davao, we arrived here in Manila last sunday, Mon and Tues was my medical, Wed was my CFO and thursday is my rest day then FRI was my interview day and i would like to share this to you that God paved the way for us, it went really smooth since day 1 even if i was stressing myself out because im too scared to be confident, i dont want to be relaxed, i want to be under pressure so i can think for the proper mindset :P but all those times my fiance has always been there for me and we would constantly pray, Today before i left home going to the embassy we prayed together and it did really made me feel great, i am really thankful to have such a great man in my life, who loves me so much and whom i love so dearly and above all these all these wonderful things that have happened in me and my fiance's life was all planned by God, we have seen HIS hands all throughout the journey and i would give Him all the glory and praise.Thank you LORD!

so for all those who are about to undergo the interview at the embassy do not just focus on your papers alone because no matter how prepared you are without God it would mean nothing. Keep on praying and have faith. God will guide you all the way to the end. God bless everyone :)

Im in tears now sis. seriously! Tears of joy for you. God is indeed the perfect answer!! Without Him we are nothing. Praise God!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance:(L):dance:

yay! thanks a lot :)

}Our Journey{

Excellent, I am very happy for the both of you. Best wishes

Now if Vermont would only kick it into high gear with my paperwork!

thanks a lot, just hang in there! its your turn to have the interview before you realize it :)

thank you sis :) He is indeed a great God

}Our Journey{

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Congrats sis. Im in tears sis. Im very very happy for you. God has really helped you a lot. Praise God! He is always the perfect answer!

Thanks for sharing sis. You are my inspiration:) Good luck, Take care and God bless you always:)

Congrats sis. Im in tears sis. Im very very happy for you. God has really helped you a lot. Praise God! He is always the perfect answer!

Thanks for sharing sis. You are my inspiration:) Good luck, Take care and God bless you always:)

Thanks sis, indeed He is..God bless you too :)

}Our Journey{

Hi. I am a newbie here. Congratulations on the approval of your petition/visa. And thanks for describing in detail how everything went through during the interview. My heart was hanging while reading your post. Your letter here inspires me to keep on waiting, not to be fearful but just keep my hope and faith in God high. God bless you my co Filipina. You're on your way to an exciting marriage life with your dearest one. I wish you all of God's best. Hope you will still drop by from time to time and share some more. :yes:

"He makes all things beautiful...in His time"

Hi. I am a newbie here. Congratulations on the approval of your petition/visa. And thanks for describing in detail how everything went through during the interview. My heart was hanging while reading your post. Your letter here inspires me to keep on waiting, not to be fearful but just keep my hope and faith in God high. God bless you my co Filipina. You're on your way to an exciting marriage life with your dearest one. I wish you all of God's best. Hope you will still drop by from time to time and share some more. :yes:

its our pleasure to help others by sharing our experiences as VJ have helped our journey with so much info that was provided by other members and i guess its just right to also help other by doing so :) God bless your journey too :) thanks a lot

}Our Journey{

congratulations !! :dance:

12/16/2011 - Arrived In Philippines
12/23/2011 - Married In Philippines
01/05/2012 - Returned to HAWAII
USCIS
02/02/2012 - I-130 Sent (USPS)
02/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
02/06/2012 - NOA1
02/09/2012 - Received NOA1 797c form via usps
05/31/2012 - I-130 Approved (checked status online)
06/04/2012 - Received NOA2 hardcopy via usps

NVC
06/25/2012 - NVC received from USCIS
06/27/2012 - Received Case# & IID via phone
06/27/2012 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC/automated response received

07/06/2012 - NVC rejected DS-3032 email, Called NVC (because my case has not yet been stored in their system)
07/08/2012 - Re-Emailed DS-3032 to NVC/automated response received (composed new E-mail)

07/09/2012 - Paid AOS bill online ($88)
07/11/2012 - AOS bill shows PAID
07/12/2012 - AOS package sent express mail via USPS
07/16/2012 - AOS package shows "DELIVERED" via USPS
07/20/2012 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) email accepted
07/20/2012 - AOS Package Accepted
07/23/2012 - IV bill invoiced
07/23/2012 - Paid IV bill online ($230)
07/25/2012 - IV bill shows PAID
07/25/2012 - IV package sent via UPS
07/27/2012 - IV package shows "DELIVERED" via UPS
08/01/2012 - IV Package Accepted
08/01/2012 - Case complete

US Embassy Manila

08/13/2012 - Med Day1 (Physical, Xray, blood test)
08/14/2012 - Med Day2 (Sputum required due to xray results) 6months treatment =(
05/14/2013 - Interview (approved!!)

06/17/2013 - VISA status "ISSUED"

06/21/2013 - VISA Delivered!!

06/29/2013 - ARRIVED IN HAWAII !!

06/16/2015 - FILED I-751 (USCIS RECEIVED ON 06/19/2015, But sent papers back to me for missing info on application papers. Re-sent on 06/23/2015)

07/02/2015 - Received I-797 Letter (Notice Of Action)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Rochelle, I am so glad for you today and you are right, GOD is good all the time and sees the best for each of us..thanks a lot for posting of your interview exp. today and it is very useful to our fellow VJ family.I am preparing all my documents now ready for my INTERVIEW ON NOV. 23, i am looking forward meeting member's here who have the same schedule as me so i can have an instant friend at the us embassy and share our anxiety while waiting but above all to share our FAITH and PATIENCE..GOODLUCK ROCHELLE ON YOUR FLIGHT AND PRAISE GOD ABOVE ALL..

Congratulations!!! w :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Good luck to your next journey together.

Godbless!!!

Congrats!!!

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.