2,987 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hey i only got the approval notice.

I don't know but i got an approval notice & also deferred action approval for 15months.I just sent in renewal for EAD cos i don't when I-485 will be transferred.

April 2009-Divorced

April 2011-Filed I-360,I-485,I-765(filed few days b/4 divorce was 2yrs which would have made me ineligible)

May 24,2011-RFE(For good faith marriage & Good moral character)

Aug 19,2011-I-485 touched(correspondence from USCIS were returned)

Aug 24,2011 & Aug 26,2011-Attorney called USCIS

Sept 12,2011-Another RFE for I-693 & passports sent

Sept 19,2011-RFE for I-693 & Passport received

Oct 18,2011-I-360 touched(status changed to "Response to RFE review)

Oct 21,2011-Prima facie sent

Nov 1,2011-Prima facie recieved(Still no EAD or Biometrics done)

Dec 1,2011-I-485 touched(still no EAD or Biometrics)

Dec 12,2011-1-485 touched(Interview notice sent-worried cause i don't have the vawa approval yet)

Dec 15,2011-called USCIS about my case

Dec 19,2011-Attorney called to cancel interview b/c we are still waiting for Vawa approval notice

Jan 5th,2012-New EAC #s issued for I-765 & I-485 by VSC(Both were sent back to VSC)

Jan 8th,2012-Attorney faxed in Request to expedite my case

Jan 19,2012(I-485 & I-765 touched)

Jan 25,2012(Biometrics letter mailed)

Jan 26,2012(Biometrics letter received by attorney)

Feb 1,2012(Biometrics letter in hand)

Feb 6,2012(EAD card mailed by USCIS)

Feb 8,2012(Biometrics done,I-485 & I-765 touched,EAD delivered by USPS)

Feb 10,2012(EAD in hand,I-765 touched)

Jul 2,2012(Attorney called cos my case was out of processing time)

July 3,2012(VSC called Attorney back/sent out RFE 4 GFmarriage same day)

Sept 28,2012(RFE received by VSC)

Oct 26,2012(I-360 approved,Oct 13th was actual approval date)

Nov 19 & Nov 21,2012(I-485 transferred to another office)

Filed: Timeline

Thanks be to God who always causes us to triumph in His name! My case was approved today. Thank you to Ssissi,liveurlife,Sandra,lordhelpme,Myjay,dee07,loveme,Macbook and everyone else. There were times I wanted to give up but you guys saw me through. Please guys do not give up. It is always darkest before dawn. Just last week I was thrown out of the house where I lived and did not know where to lay my head but God had a plan for me. I am overwhelmed. I can't even sleep right now. Please feel free to send me a message whenever guys. I will respond once i get the chance. We are family. Love you gouys and God bless!

im so so happy for u optimisticchick !!! i tolf u you'll be approved ... welcome aboard hunny :) hurrrraaaayyyyyyyyyyyy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!I told u yours was coming.Looks like from my approval & urs, they are still working on April 2011 filers.So,everyone keep on keeping the faith,its almost over.U all will get urs soon,looks like they are back to work in VSC.

If only they cud also work on getting the approved ones transferred out to NCB

Been 5 weeks since I Sent a return package VAWA I-360 to VSC. I haven't got a notice of action yet. What should I do?

I applied in mid September and got a return package and I sent back the next day.

Since they sent me a return package, does it mean they don't have to send receipt letter?

Hi love me, thank you so much. I couldn't have survived this process without the likes of you :). I am still celebrating here. Concerning the deferred action, I don't think you can travel with it if you do not have a valid visa status currently. It is better to wait for the green card before traveling out.

Anyone heard from MacBook?

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Thank you lordphelpme and peanutbutter, I got a RFE for good faith marriage and responded 2 months ago. Lordphelpme, you should be getting a response from them next month or so. I noticed they usually follow the processing time which states now that VSC is taking 16.1 months to process applications as of september,30th 2012.

Thanks I really hope so I really don't want any RFE just my approval but oh we'll anything to get my approval at this point.i did notice that to about the 16.1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Been 5 weeks since I Sent a return package VAWA I-360 to VSC. I haven't got a notice of action yet. What should I do?

I applied in mid September and got a return package and I sent back the next day.

Since they sent me a return package, does it mean they don't have to send receipt letter?

wish i had an answer but i am a newbie like you..

see if you can pm sandranj.she is the best help from what i have read so far.

good luck

Hi love me, thank you so much. I couldn't have survived this process without the likes of you :). I am still celebrating here. Concerning the deferred action, I don't think you can travel with it if you do not have a valid visa status currently. It is better to wait for the green card before traveling out.

Anyone heard from MacBook?

Nothing from Macbook yet...i havent heard anything

I have a good news everyone!!!

Here how it goes down:

I married to my ex abuse spouse and got divorce in March 2012. Divorce finalize 90 days later.

My bf just made a marriage proposal to me last night, and I said yes. He's a USC.

We were friends before I was married to my ex. We started to date in May 2012.

Anyway, we plan to get married in Janurary 2013.

We have no problem proving good faith marriage as now we live together, we have joint bank accounts, joint lease agreements and many other things like insurances.

my question is, I filed I-360 in September alone. When I get married and Adjust my status, would there be any problem?

How do I cancel my vawa petition?

please anyone

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Jesse 007 if you are not in removal proceedings is ok to get married.

To cancel your petition you must send a letter notarized to USCIS asking to cancel your petition,if you have a lawyer he should send the letter asking to cancel tho.

You didn't ask my opinion but I think everyone should wait at least two to three years of DATING before they are sure that they know each other enough to get married.We see people divorcing after dating 3,5 years dating, but getting married after dating for such a short period of time is not a wise decision,just my opinion. USCIS will scrutinize you a bit more than usual in the AOS interview, that's all.If you can prove you have a genuine relationship you will be ok.Good luck

Edited by sandranj

Hi I am new to the site been reading but I need some helpful info, sandranj hope I spelt that correctly .......I have a pending i360 case I have got my first prima facie which expires the 21st Nov 2012. I don't have a work permit don't know wat a ead card is as I see others have I applied for an aos but right now I am so frustrated because I didn't know this process was so confusing n long, I do have a lawyer but my case is the first of this kind for him so info I have to be googling on my own. Can u please help me I am in md no family here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.