Penny Lane

Auto companies hit back against Romney ads

30 posts in this topic

I'd love to see the pro-Romney spin on this story. People have already proven he's a liar, and instead of backing down, he airs some TV and radio ads in addition to his ridiculous speeches.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

GM cars are ASSEMBLED in the US, but the Chrysler guy knows that most of their parts come from China.

GM is a disgrace to the Auto industry and has been for decades. It should have been left to rot and die. It wouldn't have died and a normal bankruptcy would have been just fine.

It's funny really, the most "American-Made" cars are Toyotas and that's sad figuring that they're a Japanese company. Though Ford is right behind them.

The bailouts were a mistake that started with GWB (though Obama likes to take credit for all of it), just like half the other ####### W did.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

You are focusing on the absolutely wrong thing. Romney is claiming these companies are going to take away American jobs and ship them overseas. This is false. And it seems nobody seems to care that it's false because they keep saying it.

Technically Romney is half-right. Assembling is one thing, building from the ground up is another. Americans want cheap cars, so the majority of the labor on these cars is done overseas whether we like it or not.

They don't need to ship them overseas because they've been there for quite awhile already. It's a lot easier to assemble them here though still due to the cost of transporting large vehicles from country to country. Even companies like Kia, Hyundai, etc. assemble their cars here to sell to the American public to keep their vehicles competitive. Though funny part being, they're still built better than any GM car is. I suppose that's the difference between Korean parts versus the Chinese parts that GM uses.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Technically Romney is half-right. Assembling is one thing, building from the ground up is another. Americans want cheap cars, so the majority of the labor on these cars is done overseas whether we like it or not.

They don't need to ship them overseas because they've been there for quite awhile already. It's a lot easier to assemble them here though still due to the cost of transporting large vehicles from country to country. Even companies like Kia, Hyundai, etc. assemble their cars here to sell to the American public to keep their vehicles competitive. Though funny part being, they're still built better than any GM car is. I suppose that's the difference between Korean parts versus the Chinese parts that GM uses.

Nobody's arguing that manufacturing happens overseas. Everyone knows that.

That's not what Romney is saying though.

He's attempting to scare Ohio voters in manufacturing towns into beleiving that their jobs are at risk or that potential jobs will be shipped to China instead of put into place in the US. The company themselves are saying that's absolutely not true, but instead of backing down, Romney just says it MORE.

Edited by Evylin

Timeline

Nobody's arguing that manufacturing happens overseas. Everyone knows that.

That's not what Romney is saying though.

He's attempting to scare Ohio voters in manufacturing towns into beleiving that their jobs are at risk or that potential jobs will be shipped to China instead of put into place in the US. The company themselves are saying that's absolutely not true, but instead of backing down, Romney just says it MORE.

Do you realize what would happen to GM stock (i/e taxpayer owned GM stock) if they flat out said, "yup, we're building a new plant in China to keep up with manufacturing."

A company will never flat out tell you they're putting jobs overseas. They'll explain it later when you find out about it.

Truth is, GM continues to make their parts in China and as they need more, more jobs in China (not the US) will come. More assembly jobs might come here too depending if there is demand for GM cars here, but if there is no higher demand for GM cars here, the jobs will not be here, they will be elsewhere.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

I think I've finally reached my maximum level of "#######??" here on these boards during the election season.

Romney lies. The very companies he is lying about tells everyone "Hey, this guy is lying" ... and PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE/DEFEND HIM. Dude's got some magical bullsh*t powers.

:blink:

on one hand you trust a corporation.... on the other hand you don't....

Sounds like a big debacle the American left is in here, now isn't it?

Do we trust the guy we hate, or do we trust the companies we hate?

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think I've finally reached my maximum level of "#######??" here on these boards during the election season.

Romney lies. The very companies he is lying about tells everyone "Hey, this guy is lying" ... and PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE/DEFEND HIM. Dude's got some magical bullsh*t powers.

:blink:

6 more days. Then we can move into "the election was fixed" mode by the losing side.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

6 more days. Then we can move into "the election was fixed" mode by the losing side.

I will, in all honesty, just be glad it's over.

We got literally 7 phone calls last night between the hours of 6 and 9. All political surveys.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I will, in all honesty, just be glad it's over.

We got literally 7 phone calls last night between the hours of 6 and 9. All political surveys.

Glad I don't live in a toss-up state. That $hit would make me write in Santa Claus for president.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.