ionianrain

Removing Conditions on Residency

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys and gals

I read things about the "Removing Conditions" issue but I am a bit confused.

1) WHEN EXACTLY do we have to do the whole paperwork? My wife's G.C. says that it expires on May the 23rd of 2013; can anyone give me an example with a real date when we should start the whole thing?

2) On that given day, how do we start (meaning in the given date, we have to send the paperwork)? What exactly do we have to do?

3) What kinda papers we should send?

4) What do we have to pay this time?

If anyone has the kindness to help, it would be greatly appreciated, since we are confused. I read some topics but and I got an idea, yet I got confused too and we want to make things right, so whoever can provide us some CLEAR and RELIABLE info, it would be welcome.

May the good Lord bless all of you.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Also read the instructions on the I-751 form.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

You have to file 90 days before the greed card expires. You should start getting all paperworks together as soon as possible. You need to fill form I-751, copy of green card, bill in both of your names, insurance, bank statements, anything that proof you marraige is legitimate.

Edited by fuse_76

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

in addition to proof of your ongoing, bona fide marriage for the past 2 years, you should also include evidence since your date of marriage, even though you sent it for the original visa. I know several people (including a relative) who received RFE's because they only included proof from the date their spouse arrived, but nothing back from the date of marriage until the spouse arrived while they were waiting for the visa (like phone records and chat logs).

I know it sounds like your sending the same proof twice for CR1 and ROC, and in a way, you are, from the date of marriage up until the 2 year anniversary.

good luck :star:

Edited by zahrasalem

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

First of all

I 'd like to thank EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU, that took the time to help me.

I have gathered all the paperwork needed.

Also, I 've put together all evidence I had from the day I have met my wife (thank God, I didn't throw anything away...).

Now my next question is: once you have gathered everything, where do you send them and also is there any fee you have to pay through regular check?

Thank you guys and gals and may God bless all of you.

George

Timeline

Some "follow up" questions:

Guys I know you might laugh with my ignorance but I am VERY confused on what concerns the time I should send the package with the papers.

According to the guide:

- "If you are filing jointly, the I-751 form must be filed within the 90 days just preceding the expiration date on your permanent residence card"

- "This is the date that your conditional residence expires. Note that, despite the fact that you may see word "anniversary" used in a confusing way regarding the filing date for removal of conditions, your wedding date is completely irrelevant to determining the window of time during which you may file for removal of conditions".

1) Does this mean the date written on the GREEN CARD?

2) My wife's Green Card says it expires on 05/23/2013. So,from what I understand, we have to send the paperwork anytime AFTER the 02/23/2013 (but of course early enough and not wait till the last minute). Am I correct on what concerns the PERIOD of time when we have to send our paperwork?

Again thank a million to all of you, taking time to help us.

It appears you didn't read the instructions or the guide that was posted. The fee is listed right there, and the place to send the package.

You can file anytime in the 90 days prior to the expiration date on the GC. Tip: 90 days is not 3 months.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

do not send your file to early before the 90 days,or it will all be returned back to you.your green card expires 05/23/13 you count back wards 90 days on the calender,some of the papers you send ,three years joint tax transcripts,utility bills, joint banking, joint credit cards,copies of both your drivers license to show living at the same address,insurance policys,medical insurance and bills,trips togather, some pictures togather different places and times and with family,special events holidays,latter addressed to both of you, some junk mail,a copy of your green card front and back,you need lots of evidence of two years of a bonda fide relationship marriage,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.