Jason and Coi

Transfer of approved K1 petition from Abu Dhabi to Manila

3 posts in this topic

Hi All VJ Members,

We're hoping that someone could help us on these and wondering if someone has experienced the same.

Our petition was approved last Aug. 13 but it was sent to Abu Dhabi instead of Manila. I used to work in Dubai and was still there when we started the paperwork. We used my Dubai address as my current address to be completely honest with my current location and put on US Embassy in Manila for my interview location. Unfortunately, our papers were still sent to Abu Dhabi. I already got my case number and interview date which was for Dec., but there's no way that I could do it there since I already quit my job and went back to the Philippines. We sent a formal request to Manila to be forwarded to Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi confirmed that they have sent the physical file last Sept. 25 by diplomatic pouch and will take about 2-4 weeks before Manila receive it. We're calling USEM twice a week, last Friday we called again but according to them they still don't have the file yet. My fiance and I are really getting nervous about the waiting time since our approved petition is only valid until Dec. 12, 2012 as per the validity date indicated on the NOA2.

Does anyone know if by any chance there's a way to track a diplomatic pouch and how long it really takes before Manila receives it?

If ever, what will happen if the petition reached its validity date and we don't have our file yet? Do we need to file another petition or we could extend the validity date in USEM?

Can I schedule my medical and interview even though Manila doesn’t have my file yet?

Thank you so much in advance :)

-Jason and Coi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Did your fiance in the US try to contact his US Senator's office? Perhaps if you tried to contact them they could be of some assistance. I know when we hit a few snags in our process my senator's liaison was beyond helpful, he would phone the embassy directly for us. Call them and explain your situation and stress that your petition will expire in December. Good luck and keep us updated!! goofy.gif

Edited by mimolicious

Hi.. We haven't looking on that yet. We're still giving out like a week to see if the file will be in Manila. But we will surely try that too..

Thank you for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.