AgnettaHoo

Need help on how to print the chat logs

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi, everyone!

I have one quick question.. What is the best way to print out my chat log on Yahoo Messenger? I am trying to prepare all the documents I will need when I get my NOA2. The problem is that, I talk to my fiance EVERYDAY! Since June 2011. Like from 9 am my time up to 3 pm. Unless, I need to go somewhere or he does, then we can't talk. But it's very rare. And we email each other everyday. Like when we wake up. Since I use Blackberry it's easier for me to do emails rather than texts.

I would really like to have a suggestion on how to compile and arrange a good documentation about this.

Thank you for your help!! :help:

Edited by AgnettaHoo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I right clicked my fiancee's name on my YM and it gave me an option to see chat history and you can scroll back as far as you like. I only printed a small sampling of each days conversation.

K1 Visa Timeline:

03/21/2012 Met in person

03/23/2012 Engaged

04/09/2012 I-129F mailed

04/13/2012 I-129F Received at TSC, forwarded to VSC

04/13/2012 NOA1 Date

04/13/2012 Check Cashed

04/19/2012 Received NOA1 letter

10/18/2012 NOA2-No RFE

10/23/2012 Received MNL case number from NVC

10/24/2012 Paid visa fee and scheduled interview

11/08/2012 Medical Completed

11/09/2012 CFO seminar and interview completed

11/19/2012 Interview USEM- VISA APPROVED

11/26/2012 Passport (and visa) in transit from post

11/27/2012 Visa Packet delivered/Air booked-business class all the way!!

12/05/2012 flew to Manila-CFO sticker-USA Bound

12/06/2012 Arrived USA-POE Washington DC!!!!!!!!!

12/12/2012 Wedding

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I right clicked my fiancee's name on my YM and it gave me an option to see chat history and you can scroll back as far as you like. I only printed a small sampling of each days conversation.

There is an option to see conversation history, that can be copy and pasted in a word document and printed.

Timeline

Thank you! Do you think it's enough to just give a sample of a few days in every month that we've been talking? Or do I need to compile a whole lot of the conversation. Thank you!

You can go the message archive and print them. As for me, I make many screen shots of our conversation on Skype. That way, not only our conversation will be recorded, but also our face on cam. :)

God bless. Xoxo. :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

I'm hoping you got the actual 'how to' part sussed out as I haven't used Yahoo messenger for a loooooooooooooooong time!

BUT...

What I did is went through and picked good portions of chat logs, perhaps one page for one week (depending of course how long you're chat history goes back, mine was a year), more for specific times like when you talk about marriage, moving, vacations, engagements, that sort of thing.

I did that for Windows Live Messenger, Facebook, and Skype Call History. Just avoid including those times when you we're glad your fiance(e) was on the other side of the world haha rofl.gif

The result for me was about a 30 page summary, which was accepted without issue. You want to prove you communicate regularly, but don't send in a 500 page archive box good.gif

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

GrayL

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thank you! Do you think it's enough to just give a sample of a few days in every month that we've been talking? Or do I need to compile a whole lot of the conversation. Thank you!

We only submitted a page for each month for our initial approval (NOA2) with USCIS. The CO at US Embassy in Jakarta didn't even look at proof of on-going relationship during our interview. In fact, they returned all of what you submitted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you use Yahoo mail as well, you can find them under "Conversations" on the left hand pane. It was easier for me to use the chat logs from there than the ones from the Messenger application.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

right click on ym profile, coversation history, print screen. scroll up for previous chat history. I printed about 4-5 pages from every month and went back a year. I think that is more than adequate. I wouldn't copy and paste to a word document personally.

Timeline

U.S Embassy Jakarta didn't ask for my yahoo chat logs, it was so funny i had a very thick romance chat logs all in a folder but they totally ignored it lol. Dont get sweat about it! Good Luck on ur journey!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

me and my fiance used to talked everyday too but I am just looking for a good conversation something like 2 samples in a week and then have the screen shots too when we cam.. actually print it randomly it can help

Edited by -=Mai and Timmy=-

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Timeline

U.S Embassy Jakarta didn't ask for my yahoo chat logs, it was so funny i had a very thick romance chat logs all in a folder but they totally ignored it lol. Dont get sweat about it! Good Luck on ur journey!

I was about to print all the love story from the chat logs! but thank God I read your reply first. Lol.. I will just print one page in every month we've been talking. I also printed some screen shot from the Facebook, because it has time stamp on it. Will it help too?

Thanks again!

Thanks everyone! Your help is just lovely. :D

Timeline

I did'n't show any stuff from facebook, but I think it's a good idea tho. Always good to prepare them just in case they need ur chat logs, to show how strong ur relationship goes, That time I showed them a couple of letters came from mail that I got from Fiance in US . Just don' t give them any reason to reject ur visa just bc of not providing chat logs. I believe u'll get ur noa2 this November. As long as u have all what USEM wants, u'll be okayy :)

Timeline

I did'n't show any stuff from facebook, but I think it's a good idea tho. Always good to prepare them just in case they need ur chat logs, to show how strong ur relationship goes, That time I showed them a couple of letters came from mail that I got from Fiance in US . Just don' t give them any reason to reject ur visa just bc of not providing chat logs. I believe u'll get ur noa2 this November. As long as u have all what USEM wants, u'll be okayy :)

Yep! Better to have it but not need it, rather than to need it but have it. :D I will be sure to compile each and everything to show them the relationship between me and him is strong! Lol.. I can't wait for my NOA2.. But again, thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.