keziah90210

Help! Re: Booking Flight for fiance

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! i just booked a flight with delta for my fiance to come here in USA on Nov. I used my credit card to do so. Does anyone here know what i need to do? I'm afraid he would have problems with checking in since he didn't use his own credit card to buy the ticket. Help me out. Thanks!

****** Whatever comments i post are based only on what I've done or experienced during this journey. ******

And we should be here to help each other.

Peace out! =)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi there, first congratulations :dance:

There should have been an instruction of what to do if you purchased online. I'm not sure if it's the same for all airlines, but you will need a written consent signed by you indicating you purchased the ticket for your fiancé and also a copy of your drivers Ilicense and a copy of the credit card (both side) faxed or emailed to the airline. I beleive this is required if the ticket was purchased within a week or so before the travel date. Please check with the airlines to confirm because if he needs it, they will not allow him to travel.

I-129F

July of 2010: We met in Eritrean when I was on vacation.

August of 2010: Returned to U.S and we spoke on the phone everyday and still do (very costly).

December of 2010 to January 2011: went back to Eritrea to see him.

January 11, 2011- Engaged.

March 2, 2011: I-129F sent

March 13, 2012: Second interview. Placed on Administrative Processing.

October 16, 2012: Case sent back to USCIS

November 16, 2012 Case reaffirmed and sent back to the Department of State (according to the USCIS SITE)

November 28, 2012 Vermont Service Center received Petition back from Embassy.

March 2013- Returned K1 validity expired. Here we go again.... !

I-130

March 15, 2013 Married

April 29, 2013 Filed I-130

May 2, 2013: Received NOA1 via text/email

May 6, 2013: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

XX- X, 2013: NVC received file

XX- X, 2013: NVC case number assigned

Timeline

I called Delta Airlines about this matter what I was told was if you bought the ticket online directly off of their website you have to do the following:

Credit/Debit Card Presentation

To safeguard against credit/debit card fraud, the purchaser may have to show us the credit/debit card along with a valid photo ID. The time varies based on the billing address of the credit/debit card or the country of travel. If the purchaser is not traveling, they can show us their credit/debit card and ID at an airport taicket counter or another ticket office location, whichever is most convenient.

I have read of others here on VJ who if fact had to drive to the nearest Delta Ticket counter here in the USA and show credit card to lift above restrictions.

However they said if ticket was purchased from a travel website for example Expedia, BT Store , Cheapoair etc that it wouldnt be necessary to show credit card used and you wouldnt have to do the safeguard above. Even if bought from a third party website it would still be a good idea to scan a copy of your Credit Card, ID and a short letter of authorization.

Edited by Dolly&Dan

I-129F K1 Visa

06/04/12- I-129F mailed USPS Priority

06/06/12- USPS Delivery Confirmation

06/11/12- Received Text & Email notification for NOA1

06/11/12- Official NOA1 date on hardcopy

06/12/12- USCIS cashed check

06/14/12- Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

09/09/12- Received Text/Email NOA2

09/12/12- NVC received

09/13/12- NVC issued case #

09/14/12- NVC Left for USEM

09/17/12- Schelduled Interview

09/21/12- USEM Received case

09/21/12- Received Instruction Letter NVC completed

09/24/12- Medical at St Lukes ( Day 1 Delay started menst :( )

10/01/12- Medical at St Lukes (Day 2 Passed)

10/04/12- CFO seminar completed ( Certificate issued)

10/19/12- Interview USEM (Approved)

10/24/12- USEM issued/released visa to 2GO for delivery

10/25/12- Able to track visa via 2GO website ( *Had to use UID# as tracking #)

10/27/12- Visa received (Quezon City)

12/06/12- POE SFO

Timeline

Hi.. I flew by delta airlines last month.. I have brought my husband DC photocopy and authorization letter.. delta never asked for it.. what we did is.. few days before my flight I called delta airlines for confirmation, they then told me to just print out the itinerary they sent on my email and present it on my departure day.. also my husband went to nearest delta office here in Colorado to verified his DC..

Congrats and good luck!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi! i just booked a flight with delta for my fiance to come here in USA on Nov. I used my credit card to do so. Does anyone here know what i need to do? I'm afraid he would have problems with checking in since he didn't use his own credit card to buy the ticket. Help me out. Thanks!

Never heard such a thing and I have done this for my, now husband, numerous times. The airlines don't ask for proof of anything, other than your passport. Not even the itinerary is necessary as long as you know your departure details.

Delta in Manila didn't ask my wife and daughter for anything except ~1600php because the ticket was bought on-line and the Philippines travel tax wasn't paid.

Timeline

Delta in Manila didn't ask my wife and daughter for anything except ~1600php because the ticket was bought on-line and the Philippines travel tax wasn't paid.

I agree with those that said nothing was required. I went through a travel agency in Atlanta Ga and I forwarded them to my Fiancee and daughter with no problems.

Contact the airline to make sure it's ok. I used Philippine Airlines and I contacted their USA number to make sure, becuase I was worried about the same thing, but she was able to fly without any problem from Cebu to San Francisco. I met up with her there because she's not used to bigger airports and I was afraid she was going to get lost on the connecting flight :)

Timeline

Thank you guys for all your help. I will go to the nearest airport and confirm my purchase then. thanks a lot! he is coming here soon. You might hear a lot from me about aos next time.. thanks!!!!!

****** Whatever comments i post are based only on what I've done or experienced during this journey. ******

And we should be here to help each other.

Peace out! =)

Timeline

Never heard such a thing and I have done this for my, now husband, numerous times. The airlines don't ask for proof of anything, other than your passport. Not even the itinerary is necessary as long as you know your departure details.

You're wrong, they can and will ask for a copy of the credit card that was used to pay for the ticket if you purchased it online. I simply stopped by the delta ticket counter, the ticket agent checked my credit card, checked my I.D, and entered comments into the computer. My fiancee had zero issues. I would hate to see someone having a denied boarding over something so small. You can also go on their website or call Delta for details on having them

Show a copy of the card and identification.. Good luck

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

I just traveled last month (MNL-ATL) and used delta. My bf purhased the ticket online using my account with delta (which has my info ie im from PI). When I called delta about the credit card issue they told me that the purchaser must go to the nearest delta office. The bf then reconfirmed the instruction and was told that he doesn't need to do that. At all airports check in they never asked for the credit card that was used. This isn't my first instance of traveling abroad and they didn't ask for the card. Best to verify with airline. Although your cc info is safe with your dear ones - its not as safe with prying eyes.

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You need to go to the Delta Office to verify it because his flight doesn't originate in the USA it is out of the country. It happened to me when I travel on my way here in the USA. My husband go to the Delta Office to verify it and at the same time I scan copy his driver's ID and the front page of the credit card that he used to buy the ticket for assurance.

Hope this help.

Timeline

Yeah its part of the Philippines regulations I guess. My travel agent told me I needed to call and confirm the ticket and the Korean Airlines lady said I needed my credit card with me to verify the flight I told her I was going to pick her up.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

you must go to Delta Office and verify it. The reason why Delta needs verification because his flight originates in the Philippines. My husband went to any Delta Office and confirm that he was the one booked the flight. After you did that to be sure, give him a copy of your front credit card and your id for assurance.

Hope this one helps!!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I have been flying Delta internationally 10-12 times per year for the past 8yrs and have NEVER had to present my credit card. I've purchased tickets for my mum and sister and they have NEVER had an issue either. At times I've also flown with KL/AF/CZ/KE with no issue. Every single time I have only been asked my Last Name and Passport for issuance of a boarding pass.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.