MSusmani

F2A becoming citizen.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife is going to complete 5 years in 26 April 2013.

so she can apply for citizenship in Jan 2013 prior 90 days.

but my question is she come to marry me in 26 Dec 2010 and return on 26 April 2011.

now does her visit to India for marriage affect her citizenship ?

please help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

but my question is she come to marry me in 26 Dec 2010 and return on 26 April 2011.

please help.

no, it doesn't affect her, less than 6 months

Timeline

please help.

Nooo worries.... You are absolutely safe... Tell your wife to only send N400 application by Jan 26th because they are very particular with dates.

I myself had a situation. My US entry was on July 24th 2007 but I applied for Citizenship on Feb 28th 2012 for which they sent me I797 NOA with application date of March 1st 2012. This gave me trouble for the USC interview as the officer said I applied 5 months before and so although I passed my interview on May 3rd they gave me oath date only by August 29th. I had my husbands F2A visa with PD 04Nov2010 waiting for visa but when I got my citizenship his case got upgraded to IR1 case and his interview is scheduled for next month 23rd.

Keep me posted if you have any queries.

Timeline

thanks a lot Capri

sure we will apply on time.

one more thing I wanna ask ?

if we apply on 26 Jan 2013 (90 days prior ) what would be last date she got citizenship ? means all process finish and got certificate in hand?

Timeline

thanks a lot Capri

sure we will apply on time.

one more thing I wanna ask ?

if we apply on 26 Jan 2013 (90 days prior ) what would be last date she got citizenship ? means all process finish and got certificate in hand?

Jan 26th 2013 is a saturday so lets say you overnight mail it on Monday 28th Jan and they will recieve it on 29th, most probably you will recieve NOA by that Friday or latest by Monday Feb 4th with PD Jan 29th and a biometrics appointment after 3 weeks which is lets say on Feb 19/20th. On Feb 25th you will get an interview date aprox a month away which is very unpredictive. But if I make a guess like how it went for mine lets say she gets interview for April 3rd then her oath could be anywhere between April 29th to May 29th.

Every case is different Sahin/Shahid, but I can tell you how my case went through,

Overnight mailed N400 application on Feb28th.

Recieved NOA by March 6th via poatal mail with application PD March 1st 2012 and Biometric appointment for March 20th. You will also recieve a reciept number at this point with which you can track your case status online.

When you go for the biometrics they will provide the study guide for the interview. On Friday 23rd when I checked my case online it said they have already sent me the interview date which I recieved on 26th March with an interview date scheduled for May 3rd 2012.

I passed the interview and was verbally told an oath date for June 27th but the officer didnot give it in hand but postal mailed me the actual oath date for August 29th because I was too early. On August 29th I got my Citizenship and certificate. So it all together took me 6months from the day I sent my application. it will not happen to you.

But after this, I upgraded my F2A visa for husband on the same day of oath ie; Aug 29th, got a reviewing letter from NVC on 10th Sept, then recieved case complete letter with case upgraded to IR1 case on 21st Sept and got packet 4 with interview date on OCT 2nd. His interview is on Nov 23rd.

So your beneficiary should get an interview for August 2013 or even be here in US by then to start living together. Hope this loooong story of mine helps you my friend.

Edited by capri_scorp

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Capri, thanks a million! Your post is incredibly helpful to many of us here.

Do you happen to know whether this sort of timeline applies everywhere in the US, or is this state-specific? My husband is eligible to apply at the end of November, but since we are planning to spend Christmas and New Year together in Europe, I wonder if he should wait with the citizenship application until he is back in the US in January. Or is it possible to reschedule biometrics if one cannot make the original appointment?

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:
4 August 2011: I-130 sent (while husband permanent resident)
8 August 2011: Priority date
16 April 2013: NOA2

NVC:

7 May 2013: Case number received, DS-3032 sent

15 May 2013: AOS bill received and paid

16 May 2013: AOS package sent

17 May 2013: DS-3032 accepted

20 May 2013: IV bill received and paid

21 May 2013: IV package sent

11 June 2013: response to IV checklist sent

13 June 2013: Case upgraded to CR1

2 July 2013: Case completed

28 August 2013: Interview - approved!

21 September 2013: POE

18 November 2013: Green card received

My husband's citizenship journey:

8 February 2013: N-400 sent
4 March 2013: Biometrics
24 April 2013: Interview
12 June 2013: Oath ceremony

Timeline

Capri, thanks a million! Your post is incredibly helpful to many of us here.

Do you happen to know whether this sort of timeline applies everywhere in the US, or is this state-specific? My husband is eligible to apply at the end of November, but since we are planning to spend Christmas and New Year together in Europe, I wonder if he should wait with the citizenship application until he is back in the US in January. Or is it possible to reschedule biometrics if one cannot make the original appointment?

Hi Athena,

You are a million times welcome!!!!

I am not sure if it is state specific, mine was in Houston, Texas.

About his vacation, biometrics is scheduled whithin 3 weeks time so you should be able to get it done and then go for the vacation. I had a similar situation because I was flying to India to be with my hubby for Easter for which I left to Inidia on April 5th, and returned on 29th of April which was a 3 weeks vacation. If you follow my dates with my N400 journey; my vacation falls right in between my fingerprinting and interview dates. I had taken tickets by Feb 1st week and had no clue if I would apply for citizenship at that point. I never mentioned to any officials about my vacation plans but got myself prepared to be answerable if any of my dates fell during the vacation but it never did. But on the day of interview the officer saw my travel seals on the passport and mentioned as a note on her decision page.

If you do not need the citizenship in a hurry unlike mine as I wanted to get my husband's visa petition to be upgraded, then you can place your application after your vacation. If not then re-scheduling your biometrics if necessary is not a big hassle but they might keep it only by Jan after all the holiday madness because of which I suggested you might as well apply after ur vacation.

Sorry my friend I dont think I was very helpful but thought of sharing my experience :):P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.