Thatgirl2

Such a tangled jamballed mess of a situation

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I had an old account here but somehow I couldn't remember the password, anyways, backstory is, I'm Iranian and married to a marine, I recently filed for my green card, got an RFE for tax returns, and now my green card process is on hold till IRS sends me the transcript (I came on k-1.).my husband just re enlisted and his MOS is getting closed out so he had to change jobs. He will get his orders after his graduation. We started off this training knowing, for sure that we would be somewhere in the states, specially since he re enlisted and he had the priority and was able to choose the places he wanted. Now as the training is going is going on, people are dropping out and the chances of us getting the place we wanted, west coast, are getting lower and lower. Now Okinawa is actually an option. So considering I have an on going green card process, and my country of citizenship isn't part of vwp program, what would my next move be?he will graduate December 14th and we will be moving in January, what would I be able to do in such short period of time?

Also a none related question, for those who traveled a long distance like Nevada to Okinawa with pets, what was your experience like and the airline you traveled with?

Edited by Thatgirl2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

I had an old account here but somehow I couldn't remember the password, anyways, backstory is, I'm Iranian and married to a marine, I recently filed for my green card, got an RFE for tax returns, and now my green card process is on hold till IRS sends me the transcript (I came on k-1.).my husband just re enlisted and his MOS is getting closed out so he had to change jobs. He will get his orders after his graduation. We started off this training knowing, for sure that we would be somewhere in the states, specially since he re enlisted and he had the priority and was able to choose the places he wanted. Now as the training is going is going on, people are dropping out and the chances of us getting the place we wanted, west coast, are getting lower and lower. Now Okinawa is actually an option. So considering I have an on going green card process, and my country of citizenship isn't part of vwp program, what would my next move be?he will graduate December 14th and we will be moving in January, what would I be able to do in such short period of time?

Also a none related question, for those who traveled a long distance like Nevada to Okinawa with pets, what was your experience like and the airline you traveled with?

Not sure what you are asking: you are not allowed to work until you get your green card, so there is not much you can do but wait. Perhaps you want to clarify what is it that you are really asking about, or maybe it's just me not understanding.

Timeline

My problem is exiting the country, there is no way I'm going to my green card on time to leave the country with him, so what can I do?should we get leave and wait in the states for uscis to expedite my case or will I be able to leave and have the interview overseas?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. fastest way to get IRS transcripts - walk into an IRS office , ask for them, wait 30 minutes, walk out with transcripts in hand.

2. if you are attached to his pcs orders, then you are technically still in the USA.

3. as to the rest of it, concerning time and timing, you need to contact the military hotline and ask for help with expediting the card production process.

4. you can still go with yer marine and NOT be out of status, if yer on his pcs orders.

hth !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

1. fastest way to get IRS transcripts - walk into an IRS office , ask for them, wait 30 minutes, walk out with transcripts in hand.

2. if you are attached to his pcs orders, then you are technically still in the USA.

3. as to the rest of it, concerning time and timing, you need to contact the military hotline and ask for help with expediting the card production process.

4. you can still go with yer marine and NOT be out of status, if yer on his pcs orders.

hth !

Thanks Darnell, that was my main concern, another question that is not very immigration related, Iranian citizens have to acquire visas for their country of lay over in flights to anywhere but the states, would that fact that this is a military related trip change that ?

Ps. If I do leave with him my interview will be in Japan, right? Just making sure.

Edited by Thatgirl2

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Darnell, that was my main concern, another question that is not very immigration related, Iranian citizens have to acquire visas for their country of lay over in flights to anywhere but the states, would that fact that this is a military related trip change that ?

Ps. If I do leave with him my interview will be in Japan, right? Just making sure.

If you are on his orders, the military would take care of your visas and documents you need to go with him to Japan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.