irishgirl

VWP - have i used it too much this year?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi there,

i have been to the US twice this year, once in june for a week and again at the end of august for 6 weeks. i would like to return for 2 weeks on december 31st. will i have a problem with this? i will be visiting my boyfriend, who is a US citizen, although i am not sure if i should mention this... i am taking a sabbatical from my employment so i will not be able to provide proof of employment if asked...

thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You should be fine, even with the upcoming 2 weeks you'll be under the 90 days usually given in one go. Don;t mention the employment sabatical unless specifically asked.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Well, if you're asked who you are visiting, you'll have to be honest about it. Otherwise they mostly ask you general questions such as "what's the purpose of this trip" and the answer is either business or pleasure.

Please don't start reading horror stories and get panic attacks about denials. You might be questioned and if you do, just be honest and prepared. You can always try and show lease agreement or anything that shows you still have commitments in home country. But only volunteer it if they ask. Worst thing that'll happen if you're honest is returning to home country. If they drill you and you lie, then it's suddenly a different matter.

People get denied because there are various factors to take into consideration. Basically, if you look like a tourist, smell like a tourist and IS a tourist judged by your behaviour, then no reason for a CBP officer to deny you, especially when the duration of your trips is reflecting that you ARE a tourist.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

That's great. Thank you. I'm a worrier by nature!

..And it gets worse when reading all those stories. Have a great trip and enjoy your time together!

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.