Inailit88

i-864 or i-864a

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi, all

We are approaching the final process of getting our in-laws from china to america. Their petitions have been approved and sent to NVC. We've paid the AOS and the IV bills and selected Electronic Processing. Choice of Agents emails and GZO have been confirmed. Now we are confused and having problems filling out the I-864 or I-864a. Please help us clarify some of the questions that we aren't sure about.

We've filed married jointly for the last three years on our income tax. Since wife's salary itself is not enough to sponsor both of her parents, I will be co-sponsoring her parents.

When filling out the I-864,

1, shoud we include her mother on her father's i-864 form as someone who will be travelling with him since they will be coming together if they are granted visas. what is confusing on the form is , it says don't include any relative on a seperate petition. (they are indeed on a seperate petition), then it states later on the form that one should be included if travelling with the primary applicant. So if they are travelling together, her mother should be included then, so is her father on her mother's form, right? please advice how to do it the correct way.

2, Our joint income will be well enough to sponsor both her parents and cover our family. but her salary alone wont be enough. so we have to con-sponser her parents. She needs to fill out I-864, and I need to fill out I-864a only right? I've seen somewhere that I need to fill out I-864 and I864a together. but my understanding is one only needs to fill out I-864a if the co-sponsor is living in the same household as the main sponsor, there's no need for the spouse as a con-sponser to fill out I-864 right?...please clarify..thanks

3. Since we are filing jointly in our income-tax, we only need to send one copy of our tax transcripts with w2 for the last three years to NVC for every petition for both of us as sponsor and co-sponsor right? it will be redundant if we send two copies because it will be the same copy for both our I-864 and I-864a.

I will greatly appreciate for any advices and clarifications.

thank you so much in advance

Inailit88

IR-5 for parents

04-16-2012 sent I-130

08-31-2012 I-130 approved and sent to NVC

NVC

09-21-2012 case # assigned by email

09-25-2012 emailed choice of Agent Aos bill paid

10/04/2012 confirmation emailed received about choice of agent IV billed paid

10/04/2012 optin eprocessing emailed sent

10/10/12 optin email confirmed received

taking a break collecting info

11/01/2012 emailed AOS and IV package

11/20/2012 Checklist emailed received..forget guz p3 supplement form and signature on the AoS form

11/21/2012 checklist response emailed sent

12/05/12 case completed......finally ( Could haven't save 2 month of time if everything was ready be fore case# was assigned)

02/04/13 docs intake at guz. 02/05/13 interview passed. 3 simple questions asked

02/08/13 visas arrived at home ( that was fast. 3 days through ems. Right before Chinese new year )

02/16/13. Coming to u.s.a!!!!!! Yeah.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

for the 1 no. i dont know...but for 2 no. u r right..ur wife should fill only i-864 and u have to fill i-864a as spouse and house hold member...and u people file joint return so its ok to send only one copy of w2 ,1040,..but also add both of urs employement letter, pay stubs,proof of citizenship( copy of passport or naturalisation certificate) and most important copy of marriage certificate..they want the proof of relation between sponsor and household member..and count ur total household and 2 for ur laws and check out poverty guide line..hope u will get it...best of luck...check out complete check list on this site for i-864

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

WIFE fills out the I-864, YOU fill out the I-864a

re: tax info - view each casefile as seperate for document requirements, include COMPLETE per CASEFILE documents; assume the documents that MIGHT be shared will NEVER be shared both at NVC and GUZ IV.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 4 months later...

WIFE fills out the I-864, YOU fill out the I-864a

re: tax info - view each casefile as seperate for document requirements, include COMPLETE per CASEFILE documents; assume the documents that MIGHT be shared will NEVER be shared both at NVC and GUZ IV.

So my husband will fill out the I-864A, and Im' confused about the Part 2 and 3 of the form. They were asking for a "number'. Since we are filing separate forms for both, Do we need to enter our parents name in 13a and b, And enter "2" for number in both section?

F2A Journey ( Daughter or LPR mom)

PD: 08/22/2013

NOA2: 11/15/2013

CASE NUMBER GENERATED: 12/16/2013

DS261 SENT: 12/16/2013

AOS PAID: 1/1/2014

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PAID: 1/10/2014

IV PACKET SENT:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.