BeeGee

K1-Visa Address/Residence Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello there,

my fiancé and I have been wanting to file our application for the I-129F for quite a while now, but due to his old job as a Trucker, we managed it greatly to procrastinate. Anyhow, the first time we filled out all the documents, we listed his fathers' land in Texas as address, since he didn't have his own place, driving around the US the whole time. We also added a Cover Letter, stating that all his mail gets send to his P.O. Box in Pennsylvania. He had this one already, because his mother lives there and she usually gets all his mail. The reason we did that was, because we were worried of sending our application in and not having an actual address at this time where we are going to live.

Things changed now though. He quit his job as truck driver and got a local job in Pennsylvania. He stays at a friends house right now, till he can get his own place. He said, he applies for me around Christmas, if everything goes smoothly with buying a car and renting our own place. I am a patient person, but if I could cut out a month or two, wouldn't say no to that. So my question basically is, can we put in the normal address spaces his P.O. Box for him and on question 14., where they ask "Where your fiancé/e intends to live", can we write "to be determined" for now? Are we supposed to state that later on somewhere when he has the new, physical address of our place somewhere, will they ask for it or does it even matter? I mean, he will have a place for sure till the application is processed and send to germany, but do we really need to stay on the safe side and wait another two months or can we just apply now and get around all this terrible waiting time? Waiting is long enough anyhow hehe.

Also another subject that has been picking on me for some time. He has three children with two different mothers (oldest just turned 16 a few weeks ago). I asked quite some people if they count as his "dependants". On another website they told me "Yes, they count to his household size", hence the I-134 and later on the I-864 ask for it, because I was not sure at that time if he would meet the required income for 5 people, if they count at all. I asked an immigration attorney from Tennessee about it as well and he said as long as they don't live with him, which they don't, and they are not listed as dependants on his tax returns, which they aren't either, then they do not count to the household size. He does that professional and it should be right, but I am still worried to trust that. He makes enough money now, no matter what, but it would be still nice to know if he needs to list them or not? Does anybody know anything about that issue?

EDIT: Oh, and if that works with the address, do I still need to send the application to Texas or somewhere else close to Pennsylvania?

Thanks in advance. I know it's a lot to read, but I am sure you can understand that I worry and that I, like everybody else I'm assuming, just wants to prepare everything as flawless as possible for a fast process.

greetings from germany,

Bianca.

Edited by BeeGee

Timeline

A lot to read and I'm a little confused. Has he or has he not filed a I-129f Petition for you?

No, not yet. We filled out the application, but when we were about to send it, a few things changed, like him quitting his old job and getting a new one, staying in PA instead of TX etc. and we don't know if it is better to wait and fix things first, like getting a place first for an address or if we can apply now, since some of the information we had given are not the same anymore. Obviously he would add the new job, but I wasn't sure about this whole address issue. I just don't want to create any confusion or complications to the people working on our file and want to clear things up before I actually send it.

Edited by BeeGee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

No, not yet. We filled out the application, but when we were about to send it, a few things changed, like him quitting his old job and getting a new one, staying in PA instead of TX etc. and we don't know if it is better to wait and fix things first, like getting a place first for an address or if we can apply now, since some of the information we had given are not the same anymore. Obviously he would add the new job, but I wasn't sure about this whole address issue. I just don't want to create any confusion or complications to the people working on our file and want to clear things up before I actually send it.

It's actually quite simple.

- When the times comes, he can use his current residence and he can add the PO box for mailing purposes or use the current address (whichever is more reliable).

- On the question about where the fiance intends to live, he can use his current residence, and later on when he moves, he can update the address again.

- in RE to the household, while I'm pretty sure of the answer, I rather someone else with more tax knowledge replies this for you

Timeline

It's actually quite simple.

- When the times comes, he can use his current residence and he can add the PO box for mailing purposes or use the current address (whichever is more reliable).

- On the question about where the fiance intends to live, he can use his current residence, and later on when he moves, he can update the address again.

- in RE to the household, while I'm pretty sure of the answer, I rather someone else with more tax knowledge replies this for you

Thanks a lot. That helped me already.

To change the address we just need to do that online or do we need to call or send a letter for that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks a lot. That helped me already.

To change the address we just need to do that online or do we need to call or send a letter for that?

Yeah, you do the online https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa and you can follow up with a phone call. If he moves after the petition is approved, you will be able to update the new address with the Embassy.

Timeline

Yeah, you do the online https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa and you can follow up with a phone call. If he moves after the petition is approved, you will be able to update the new address with the Embassy.

Thank you a lot. I appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.