aamirpearl

3 years tax not enuff income, but think god i found a permanent job, will i be ok???

9 posts in this topic

The topic title already is pointing out my question but still let me explain. So i was suppose to be set with my co-sponsor which is my brother but do to his family size and a misunderstanding and argument between my older bro and me regarding our interracial relationship :( he has backed out on being my co-sponsor. I asked my sister but it sames like her income might be little bit short for family of 4 ( herself , her baby, husband and my fiance. After all that being said i became hopeless, but just last week i was offer a permanent job which makes 11.00 hourly and around 22,880 annually, not starting that job until November 19 though and his interview is on Jan 7th. My question is do you think i can do this sponsor thing by myself?? Also not to mention my 3 years income was not good made around 5k to 6 k every year. But thank god this new opportunity came in the right time when i needed it. Would a month of paystub from my new job and letter from employment stating my position and title and salary be good enuff?? No hope anymore in finding a co-sponsor, this is my only option and if they denied us than i will have to wait a year to start new petition again. :(

Edited by @@mirpeArL

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Pearl,

I'm really sorry to hear about the circumstances with your brother backing out on you. :-( I wasn't sure what the answer to your question would be so I called my lawyer to ask him about your question. :-D He did confirm that it shouldn't be a problem if you were starting your new job in November. It is VERY important that you do get your employer to write an employment verification letter stating your start date of the job, what your position is, and what the annual salary pay is. Also, you would submit 1-2 monthly pay stubs showing what you made for your new job too. He said that you should be okay as long as your income is at least or above the 125% poverty level.

Try not to stress too much Pearl. God's going to help you and Aamir. When he gets here to the States, and you file the adjustment petition, hopefully, your family disagreement will be resolved by then so your brother can help be your co-sponsor for that if needed. I'm keeping both of you, along with many others, from VJ in my prayers.

Take care and I hope you have a great afternoon. ;-D

"And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."~Khalil Gibran

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I to have been looking at this post and waited for a response from a Member. I'm very skepticle about the above reply. Lawyers do not Approve Petitions.

Please read my ideas and suggestions as I have applied these to my own Case/Petition and may help you. Put yourself in the interviewers eyes:

You will be asking your employer for a letter in less than 3 weeks. You will only have about a months worth of pay stubs by the time of the interview. Thats 2 Strikes.

Now, the interview. Is that going to be Strike 3 your out or take a chance for that home-run. And then start all over.

This is what I want you to look into immediately: Call the Embassey to confirm this; (this works and I have done it due to income requirements and our Petition is valid still)

Your Time-Line does not indicate you paid the Visa Fee.... Did you know that if you pay that fee your Petition is Valid for another year from the date paid. This gives you more time to show proof of income. AND YOUR PETITION IS ACTIVE. Look into this. One phone call is all it takes. Have proof/reciept of payment and date. Postpone the interview after you verify my suggestion and pay that fee. If what I said is Correct as it applies to the Philippines then schedule the interview after about 6 solid months of income verification from the employer/paystubs.. The interviwer will also be looking for a on-going relationship and proof.

A K-1 Petition Requirement is that you Filed your 129-F before 2 years of meeting. I sincerely believe that paying that Visa Fee will extend your Petition to give you time and not have to start all over again. Look into it. Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Pearl,

I'm really sorry to hear about the circumstances with your brother backing out on you. :-( I wasn't sure what the answer to your question would be so I called my lawyer to ask him about your question. :-D He did confirm that it shouldn't be a problem if you were starting your new job in November. It is VERY important that you do get your employer to write an employment verification letter stating your start date of the job, what your position is, and what the annual salary pay is. Also, you would submit 1-2 monthly pay stubs showing what you made for your new job too. He said that you should be okay as long as your income is at least or above the 125% poverty level.

Try not to stress too much Pearl. God's going to help you and Aamir. When he gets here to the States, and you file the adjustment petition, hopefully, your family disagreement will be resolved by then so your brother can help be your co-sponsor for that if needed. I'm keeping both of you, along with many others, from VJ in my prayers.

Xue, thank you so much for taking the time in calling your lawyer and asking him, it really means a lot to me. I am going to take a gamble on this on the other hand i know for a fact that my fiance will be put on AP do to being a pakistani. But still i should keep trying if i can still find a uncle or friends to help me but i already feel like since my own brother wont even help me its useless to ask an outsider. I wont try to stress too much , im happy that now i got a permanent job after been working temp jobs for 4 years and have unstable income these upcoming years will make me feel happy again. As for my brother he said he wants to meet aamir first before helping out with anyting ( which is reasonable) but i said only for 3 month until he adjust than i wont need his help and he can be free from being a co sponsor but still he doesnt like the fact that his sister is dating someone outside her race. Its ok Xue hmong people are like this, i dont mind my brother but he should not say some stuff he said to hurt me( i will not point them out though). thanks again for your help

Edited by @@mirpeArL

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

I to have been looking at this post and waited for a response from a Member. I'm very skepticle about the above reply. Lawyers do not Approve Petitions.

Please read my ideas and suggestions as I have applied these to my own Case/Petition and may help you. Put yourself in the interviewers eyes:

You will be asking your employer for a letter in less than 3 weeks. You will only have about a months worth of pay stubs by the time of the interview. Thats 2 Strikes.

Now, the interview. Is that going to be Strike 3 your out or take a chance for that home-run. And then start all over.

This is what I want you to look into immediately: Call the Embassey to confirm this; (this works and I have done it due to income requirements and our Petition is valid still)

Your Time-Line does not indicate you paid the Visa Fee.... Did you know that if you pay that fee your Petition is Valid for another year from the date paid. This gives you more time to show proof of income. AND YOUR PETITION IS ACTIVE. Look into this. One phone call is all it takes. Have proof/reciept of payment and date. Postpone the interview after you verify my suggestion and pay that fee. If what I said is Correct as it applies to the Philippines then schedule the interview after about 6 solid months of income verification from the employer/paystubs.. The interviwer will also be looking for a on-going relationship and proof.

A K-1 Petition Requirement is that you Filed your 129-F before 2 years of meeting. I sincerely believe that paying that Visa Fee will extend your Petition to give you time and not have to start all over again. Look into it. Tim/Mav

I see what you are saying, but i am just wondering that every country is different and interviewer can make any decision on this matter. I have also read some stories that if they dont allow ur co-sponsor or your income is not good get a job and keep sending them paystub ever time until they are satisfy so they can change their mind. I have not yet pay for the visa fee yet , i will do that in december close to interview date. I will also keep your advice in mind too but at this point im thinking to take a gamble and go with what i have if i cant find anyone esle to help.

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pearl,

Hi i think we almost have the same situation, i had my interview just this october 2012. But my fiance just got layed off from his work. Is cosponsor will work as a replacement of Letter of employment. Though my fiance is still payed by his company, it is really impossible for him to get a letter of employment since they announced laying off of a lot of employee. My fiance meet the required income. And if incase we will need a cosponsor, 3 of his family member is willing to help us and be our cosponsor. The only issue is he just got layed off.

Tim/Mav, can i ask you what the outcome is for you since you said you decide to postpone the interview and waited out for at least six month, and you mention that you email the embassy to confirm them about your income status. If i were to email them and give them a heads up on my income status and ask them for their advice and answers would it be a good idea?? Would it be a red flag to email them and ask them questions related to this matter???

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

One months worth of paystubs is low, especially with shakey tax returns from previous years. If it is a very stable job (ie it doesn;t look like some sort of Christmas position that may go away soon) and you can get a letter from an employer, it may pass. I might try to postpone the interview a few months, both to get more paystubs, maybe a small raise, and you could use the time to look for another co-sponsor. Remember that while family is ideal, it can be anyone- a friend, neighbour, someone you know from the mosque etc.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

ok , i guess if i dont find another cosponsor by interview than i will psotpone the date, but this job its permanent though.....

Edited by @@mirpeArL

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.