Bosco

more on age differences

112 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Ten years older or younger has always been my limit. Just a thing with me but heck if it rocks your boat then I say go with it! :thumbs: Demi Moore seems to be making it work!

She and Ashton are still together? Wow! I am so out of touch with hollywood, but frankly I don't miss it, VJ and certain online friends, along with school, have replaced it in my world and it's much better than stupid reality shows which were all that seemed to be on last time I tried to watch it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Demi and Ashton just had their one year anniversary.

They must have been together a while before they got married then, because I swear it was ages ago that I heard they were together.

Then again, since I started school 6 1/2 years ago I have no concept of time. Maybe someday I'll have time to actually remember when something was, but by then I'll probably be too senile to remember anyway.

I could never date anyone who was old enough to be my father nor would I date anyone who I am old enought to be their mother....

10 years older or younger would be about my limit...

I feel uncomfortable when I am faced with a couple where the man is like 50 and the girl is 18.... and same when the woman is 50 and the guy is 18... just does not feel right to me...

Kezzie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:lol:

Go ahead Charles, laugh, you decrepit old woman :P

:lol:

Anyway....

When I got divorced at 32 I started to date a man that was 52. I was higly attracted to him, physically and emotionally. I found him to be mature, but still young in his heart. Our relationship grew deeper and I found I had fallen in love with him. Then I had to look objectively at the age difference, if we were going to get married. After some deep soul searching I came to the conclusion that I would rather have him for a short time rather than spending so much time worrying about what could happen.

We didn't end up together, due to a certain situation beyond our control, but I have always had a special place in my heart for him, as I know I do in his.

Now I find myself in the other shoes. Again I had some serious soul searching to do, but rather I was dealing with the fact that I would age before him, that he could still be a young man while I am an elderly woman in need of special care. For instance, my father just went through some pretty serious events in the past year that has left him in pretty bad shape. At one point he was not able to control his bowels. This really upset me, I didn't want my young husband to have to be stuck with doing this. When I told him of my fears he assured me that he didn't care if he had to do that some day. He would rather have me in his life, and if this comes to pass he will do it out of love, not obligation.

Now don't get me wrong, if there was a way to either turn his clock up or mine back, I would do it. But the fact is that I have found the man that feels every inch of my heart, he just happens to be many years younger. What can we do? Love knows no age.

Someone mentioned the maturity level. Of course that would be a concern, but the fact is that I am a woman that is not ready to slow down yet. I have too much I still want to do in my life to slow down. He on the other hand has had some experiences in life that has made him mature greatly. In fact, he is more mature than my ex that is in his 50's.

All in all, it works for me. It isn't for everyone, and that is what makes us all unique. I enjoy the fact that we don't all think alike.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I feel uncomfortable when I am faced with a couple where the man is like 50 and the girl is 18.... and same when the woman is 50 and the guy is 18... just does not feel right to me...

:huh: As long as it's not you it shouldn't affect you at all ;)

That's kind of a surprising statement coming from you, VP.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I have to confess that obviously large age differences make me a little twitty too. Years ago, I accompanied some friends to a barbeque where we were introduced to an age difference couple. The man appeared to be in his thirties and the woman was definitely in her sixties, but they were as demonstrative as any young/young couple. We could hardly contain our amusement and I hope, looking back that we were not as rude as I remember. Back then, tho, 60 was ANCIENT to me. Not so much now . . . :whistle:

Have any of you read Dandelion Wine, by Ray Bradbury? It is a novel based on this theme. I loved it, not sure what the rest of you might think of it.

I am confused about what theme you are referring to. Dandelion Wine seems far from anything that has been discussed here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.