Melinda&Adam

A few more questions before sending in my petition

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

1. On the G-325A, Biographic Information form, do I put none in the box at the top labeled "File Number"? Or do I leave it blank? It has an "A" and a blank for the number. I think that I saw on the example it said none but now I am not sure even what this box means.

2. Do I need to put my fiances address in his language? I put on all the paper works the foreign street name but instead of putting "utca" which means street in Hungarian, I just put street in english.

3. Also on the address, it asks for the Providence or State but, Hungary doesn't have Providences or States, so do I put N/A? Or do I leave it blank?

4. My fiance does not have a middle name, so I put "N/A". Is this correct? Or should I put "none" but, I don't want them thinking his middle name is actually none lol

5. When I am writing his address do I need to always write it in his alphabet? Like his street names have accent marks above certain letters.

Edited by xmelindag

K-1 Process:
11/06/2012: I-129F Sent
11/15/2012: NOA1

05/30/2013: NOA2
06/13/2013: NVC Received

06/19/2013: NVC Left

06/27/2013: Consulate Received
07/02/2013: Packet 3 Received

07/12/2013: Packet 3 Sent
07/23/2013: Interview Date -
Approved

08/20/2013: U.S. Entry

AOS Process:

11/04/2013: AOS, EAD, and AP Sent
11/08/2013: NOA1
12/04/2013: Biometrics

01/09/2014: EAD and AP Approved
01/16/2014: EAD and AP Received
02/18/2014: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case
05/22/2014: AOS Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

1. On the G-325A, Biographic Information form, do I put none in the box at the top labeled "File Number"? Or do I leave it blank? It has an "A" and a blank for the number. I think that I saw on the example it said none but now I am not sure even what this box means. Put None as the example. Here's a link to the USCIS Glossary for A number. If you were a Naturalized US Citizen (as opposed to being from birth), you will have an A number assigned to you.

2. Do I need to put my fiances address in his language? I put on all the paper works the foreign street name but instead of putting "utca" which means street in Hungarian, I just put street in english. Put the address in his language, the same way he would write it on a letter sent to you.

3. Also on the address, it asks for the Providence or State but, Hungary doesn't have Providences or States, so do I put N/A? Or do I leave it blank? Put N/A is there's no Province/State or similar.

4. My fiance does not have a middle name, so I put "N/A". Is this correct? Or should I put "none" but, I don't want them thinking his middle name is actually none lol LOL you can put N/A

5. When I am writing his address do I need to always write it in his alphabet? Like his street names have accent marks above certain letters. See reply #2

Edited by Celeste & C

Timeline

Sorry for all the questions! :P

So if he actually writes his name Ádám and not Adam, do I need to write it with the accent marks everywhere? Or do I just put it with the accents in the box "If your native alphabet is in other than Roman letters, write your name in your native alphabet below"

K-1 Process:

Approved

AOS Process:

Timeline

Sorry for all the questions! :P

So if he actually writes his name Ádám and not Adam, do I need to write it with the accent marks everywhere? Or do I just put it with the accents in the box "If your native alphabet is in other than Roman letters, write your name in your native alphabet below"

We are here to help others with your questions tongue.gif no need to be sorry no0pb.gif

Write his name without the accents (the same way it shows on his passport). You can add the accents if it gives you the option to write the name in his native alphabet (this applies mostly to people that have different characters on their names, not really to accents)

Timeline

So we looked at his passport and it shows his first name written as Ádám, so do we have to write it like that on all the forms? Or is that not required?

K-1 Process:

Approved

AOS Process:

Timeline

So we looked at his passport and it shows his first name written as Ádám, so do we have to write it like that on all the forms? Or is that not required?

If there are no characters on his name (like in Greek, Russian, Kanji, etc). The accents, while they belong to his native alphabet, are over Roman letters; just like an accent on a Spanish or French word would be.

My first name is María with and accent on the i, but I write it without it (even on documents in Argentina).

Question 16 of the I-129f gives you the option to add his name in his native alphabet, so you can write it without accents everywhere else and put the accents there (or not - I didn't )

So, it's up to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.