8 posts in this topic

In reference to this thread below, can someone help me if my wife requires more shots before we turn in our AOS package? I don't understand whe the shots checked with "not routinely available". see attached for our DS-3025. Thanks

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/389326-aos-vaccination/

img0012hy.jpg

Edited by vyx

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-15

NVC Received : 2012-06-22

NVC Left : 2012-06-28

Consulate Received : 2012-07-02

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-07-04

Consulate Received pkg 3: 2012-07-06

In reference to this thread below, can someone help me if my wife requires more shots before we turn in our AOS package? I don't understand whe the shots checked with "not routinely available". see attached for our DS-3025. Thanks

I would say it is not complete enough to gain approval for AOS. She did not get the varicella shot. If she had chickenpox and had told them, the column for "complete" would be marked with the letters VH for varicella history. Not routinely available is not a reason for a waiver because she is now in the US where she can get a varicella shot prior to her adjustment.

There is a second MMR shot, which would have been excused if the whole thing was complete because she couldn't get shot 2 at the time of her medical exam because there is a 4 week wait. Now 4 weeks have passed so a civil surgeon will likely say it is due.

There is a flu shot that would have been excused if the whole thing was complete because It wasn't flu season when she had her medical. Now it is flu season so a civil surgeon will likely say it is due.

If everything is done at the overseas medical, then that is the date USCIS goes by. But since she must go to a civil surgeon to get varicella on form I-693, she has a new date. The new date means it's flu season. The new date means it's safe to give her that second MMR.

Thanks for posting the scan. Makes it easy to evaluate your specific situation.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Something else to add to my above comment. The doctor who filled out her form did the results incorrectly for a K1. The "may be eligible for blanket waiver" should only be checked if he checked "incomplete". It's a sub-category of incomplete. He should not have checked complete because of the missing varicella. It is available to get in the US.

Maybe the person looking at your form will glance down and see complete checked and not notice it's not really. Maybe you will slip by. You can try it and see if you get lucky. Then if you get an RFE, go get the shots and see the civil surgeon.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Thanks for the info.

My wife already had chicken pox in the past. It showed on her immuization record.

She also received her 2nd shot of MMR (see attached). Should I send this immunization record along with DS 3025? What about TD and Tdap on 3025? I don't understand that. I thought TD and Tdap are the same thing. Flu shot is required? We are planning to get her one anyway. Just not sure if we going to get the civil surgeon to transfer her info over to the new form.

img0086hj.jpg

Edited by vyx

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Thanks for the info.

My wife already had chicken pox in the past. It showed on her immuization record.

She also received her 2nd shot of MMR (see attached). Should I send this immunization record along with DS 3025? What about TD and Tdap on 3025? I don't understand that. I thought TD and Tdap are the same thing. Flu shot is required? We are planning to get her one anyway. Just not sure if we going to get the civil surgeon to transfer her info over to the new form.

To use the DS-3025, it has to be totally complete on that one signed form. Her chickenpox is not documented or it would say VH. It's too late to fix it. Its not completed properly.

Your yellow form is not an accepted form at USCIS. Now a civil surgeon must combine everything on to one form. He can get the information from her DS-3025, the yellow paper you show, and from a flu shot document from even Walmart. Then you will have a new form (I-693) that is complete with everything on one piece of paper signed by a US government approved doctor.

It's not USCIS's job to combine extra documents from a family doctor. They want to see an I-693 with everything on it. HOWEVER they will accept a DS-3025 instead, but only if every single requirement is on the form and the doctor filled it out properly. Her DS-3025 fails the test. Find a civil surgeon and take all the documentation for him to combine on one form.

Your question about Td--

The diseases diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis need to be covered. They are given in a variety of strengths. Capital letters mean stronger amounts. Tdap is Tetanus/diphtheria/acellular pertussis with tetanus being a big dose (capital T). That's an adult version. Babies get DTP with all capital letters showing a stronger dose of all three vaccines. Td is strong tetanus and lesser diphtheria. It is a booster of sorts for adults who had pertussis immunization earlier in life. USCIS has documented that they will accepted any of these: Tdap, Td, DT, DTP or DtaP.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Ok, thanks for the info. I called around to get vaccination info transfer over to I-693, and it cost $200. My family doctor couldn't fill it out for me? $200 is nuts just to fill it out.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

The I-693 form needs to be done by a USCIS accredited civil surgeon. Check the list here: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV and call some that are in your area. Shop around and tell them you only need the vaccination sheet, not the full medical. Prices may vary greatly from one CS to another.

You only need part I of the form completed + the vaccination page, no matter of what they may try to tell you. Print the USCIS instructions in case they don't believe you and try to charge you for a full medical.

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Ok, thanks for the info. I called around to get vaccination info transfer over to I-693, and it cost $200. My family doctor couldn't fill it out for me? $200 is nuts just to fill it out.

Too much money. Call around like the post above says. Less than $50 is what your are looking for. Do not get a new medical exam or TB test. She has been cleared on those already. If the doctor doesn't know that then he's not keeping up with the instructions given with the I-693. Read page 4 about K1 immigrants.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.