We Are The Art

Setting The Interview Appointment

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiancee' is paying the required visa fee today (as I write this) Is it best to set the appointment by calling by phone directly, or is it better to do it online? Why is one better than the other? Her appointment is at the USEM in Manila.

"We Are The Art"

I don't know if one is better than the other really. Maybe online is better if you don't like dealing with people (or getting through to a person), or you just want to have slot dates in front of you? I fooled around with and like the online system enough to use it. I probably will use it as I just don't like phones really. :D

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Timeline

I don't know if one is better than the other really. Maybe online is better if you don't like dealing with people (or getting through to a person), or you just want to have slot dates in front of you? I fooled around with and like the online system enough to use it. I probably will use it as I just don't like phones really. :D

Thanks for your prompt reply and for the link! I just want to get the earliest appointment date possible, (We've already waited 8+ months to get to this point plus, airfare prices jump dramatically in December due to all the OPW's returning for the holidays)

I've heard other VJ'ers talk about being able to pick dates online and then by monitoring the schedule possiblly be able to change to an earlier date if one becomes available, if that is indeed possible then setting the appointment online would be an obvious advantage. I've just created an account on the Visa site but already found setting the appointment through their system is a bit confusing and tedious, in fact I was unable to figure it out at all and never did find a way to view the "available appointment schedule"...so maybe it's not really a viable option at all.

Thanks again and thanks too for any further input.

"We Are The Art"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

doing it online can make you more comfortable coz you can exactly see what dates are avilable compare thru phones

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Timeline

It's better to schedule your appointment thru calling by phone. :thumbs: Because, base on my experience. I pay the visa fee in the morning and tried to schedule my appointment in the afternoon, thru online. 3 hours without rest.LOL :crying: And nothing happened.So, my fiance decide to called US EMBASSY and after 10 minutes i got my appoinment date. :dance: Here's the ---> (214) 571-1600 for calls from mainland United States. I hope it helps! Goodluck! :)

Timeline

Thanks to all for the replies!

Update: I awoke at 5:00 AM (US time) this morning to find a text from my fiancee' informing me that her interview appointment date is November 9th.! We are SO surprised! :dance: We had expected it to be sometime in December but we are SO thankful to have a sooner date! She initially tried to set the appointment online but found the system too confusing (as did I) so exactly 4 hours after making the visa payment at BPI she called the Embassy and within minutes we had our appointment! :thumbs: We are absolutely THRILLED!

I will be flying to Manila to be with her for the interview and after over 8 months of waiting everything seems to be moving very fast now, so many last minute arrangements to make. We Pray that all will be smooth and successful.

Thanks again to all!

"We Are The Art"

I think it's better online because you don't have to wait for the person. Also, I tried to do the appointment over the call first, the person was encouraging me to do it online. lolz

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.