imranjenny

i could not make an eye contact with councelor when i had tears in my eyes.Is it the cause they put me on AP?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

While i had my interview at US consulate Islamabad.She was very rude with me and was treating me like i was a criminal and I did a crime that i married to my wife while she is 12 years older than me and was divorced.it brought tears in my eyes and at that point i could not make eye contact to her at that time.after 70 questions she put me on AP.Is this why because i could not make an eye contact with her while she was disgracing our relationship. please let me know how western people think about maintaining eye contact.

Most feel if you can not maintain eye contact you are lying or hiding something. Although this may not have been the reason for her putting you on AP. But look at it this way she did not deny you so there is still hope. Don't let this discourage you just be patient. Best of luck to you.

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

While i had my interview at US consulate Islamabad.She was very rude with me and was treating me like i was a criminal and I did a crime that i married to my wife while she is 12 years older than me and was divorced.it brought tears in my eyes and at that point i could not make eye contact to her at that time.after 70 questions she put me on AP.Is this why because i could not make an eye contact with her while she was disgracing our relationship. please let me know how western people think about maintaining eye contact.

I work for a state government agency. When I am interviewing clients I assess many things. I assess their body language, eye contact, speech control, and answers to my questions. There are so many factors in interviewing that I do not think eye contact will make or break your process. Eye contact is good but if it is not cultural for you to do then they should understand this. Inshallah your AP will be fast and you can be with your loved one soon! Good Luck!

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Timeline

Most feel if you can not maintain eye contact you are lying or hiding something. Although this may not have been the reason for her putting you on AP. But look at it this way she did not deny you so there is still hope. Don't let this discourage you just be patient. Best of luck to you.

Thanks for quick and nice answer thanks.

Timeline

I work for a state government agency. When I am interviewing clients I assess many things. I assess their body language, eye contact, speech control, and answers to my questions. There are so many factors in interviewing that I do not think eye contact will make or break your process. Eye contact is good but if it is not cultural for you to do then they should understand this. Inshallah your AP will be fast and you can be with your loved one soon! Good Luck!

thanks.hoping for being togather.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They know you are nervous and they also do things to intimidate. But really All (well probably 99%) of all Pakistan men and most women go into mandatory AP. I am sure the eye contact has nothing to do with it.

What exactly did she say about your case? Usually they say your case is fine, we just have to do some checks.

Here is the thread for Islamabad AP. Go here you will get alot of help and information for those going through it.

Sorry but it will be okay.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/343005-new-islamabad-ap-tracker/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

sorry to hear this, i hope it will end with a good news later ....

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.