Tahlisha

Cheapest airline tickets????

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey all....

We are anticipating getting my husbands interveiw very soon.... Insha'allah he will do well and get his visa... I am just wondering if anyone knows if it will be better to purchase his ticket on my side or his????????

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

Hello,

Glad to hear your news, and GOD willing he be with you so soon.

Your question is hard to answer since what was cheap yesterday might be expensive today. Luckily there are some websites that can compare airline tickets for an anticipated departure/arrival dae.

Personally, I use kayak (www.kayak.com)

Also, it might be helpful to know that the cheapest tickets are the ones that the departure/arrival is in the middle of the week.

So, in short, use the website above, and play a little bit in dates(move it up a day or two or down the same till you get the best and cheapest available)

Its a time consuming but you will be happy to save some money (up to $400 seriously).

Hope that help :)

Good luck in the interview.

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline

Ok... Thanks ladies :0)

I am also wondering does he have to fly into JFK???? Could He go directly to DCA or Dulles??? I live in Maryland... I could take the metro to meet him and getting to Dulles is no big deal fome me either....

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Vayama.com, I have found to be really reasonable! You should check it out. [ www.vayama.com ]

Maybe...but Kayak.com searches vayama, cheapo, expidia and all. :star:

event.png

event.png

Timeline

When I purcahse my own tickets I usually go with CheapOair.... But I was wondering if it would be cheaper for me to buy from here or him to buy over there?????????

I went to casablanca to buy my ticket at air france the price is reasonable Good Luck

http://www.airfrance...billet-avion.do

Edited by yahya_marie

a8jag8ru6way.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why not specify where over there is????? That will help to ans your question

Well... this is the Morocco forum...

Our K-1 Visa Timeline

• Jan 20th, 2012 - Mailed I-129F Package to VSC
  • Jan 31st, 2012 - NOA1 Received
  • Jul 11th, 2012 - NOA2 Received
  • Jul 17th, 2012 - Received at NVC/Case Number Assigned
  • Jul 19th, 2012 - Petition Sent to Casablanca Consulate
  • Jul 23rd, 2012 - Petition Received at Casablanca
  • Jul 27th, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
  • Sept 5th, 2012 - Interview (approved)
  • Sept. 7th, 2012 - Visa Received
  • November 16th, 2012 - POE: Atlanta, GA
  • December 1st, 2012 - Married
  • March 21st, 2013 - AOS Filed
  • March 29th, 2013 - I-485 NOA Received
  • June 19th, 2013 - Biometrics Appointment
  • July 11th, 2013 - EAD and AP Combined Card Received
  • September 20th, 2013 - NOID issued for missing immunization records
  • September 26th - 27th, 2013 - Obtained updated immunization, physical, sealed records from Civil Surgeon
  • October 3rd, 2013 - Immunization records mailed to USCIS Charlotte Office
  • October 8th, 2013 - Immunization records received at USCIS
  • October 29th, 2013 - I-485 Application to adjust status to Marriage Visa approved (no interview)
  • November 7th, 2013 - Restricted Green Card arrived
  • July 31st, 2015 - I-751 Removal of Conditions filed
  • August 3rd, 2015 - Received ROC NOA1
  • August 25th, 2015 - Biometrics appointment completed
  • July 14th, 2016 - Application for 10-year visa approved; new card in production
  • July 22nd, 2016 - 10-year visa received
  • September 6th, 2016 - Filed N-400 petition for naturalization
  • September 9th, 2016 - N-400 petition for naturalization received by USCIS - Texas Lockbox (September 9th priority date)
  • September 16th, 2016 - NOA received for N-400
  • October 7th, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
  • October 25th, 2016 - placed in line to receive naturalization interview date
  • February 27th, 2017 - interview scheduled
  • March 3rd, 2017 - NOA received for interview date
  • April 3rd, 2017 - naturalization interview - PASSED!
  • April 21st, 2017 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

As for plane tickets, just make sure you buy the round-trip tickets. He won't be allowed on the plane with a one-way ticket from what I've been told. You can always cancel the other half of the ticket... just make sure you actually get it cancelled and that you have confirmation. He can absolutely fly directly into Dulles. It's just a matter of finding the right flight. You could also try Expedia.fr (the French version of our site). Finally, buy your tickets AS SOON AS you find out your dates. The closer you get to the departure date, the more expensive tickets will be (and prices are always lowest on Tuesday afternoon at 3p).

Our K-1 Visa Timeline

• Jan 20th, 2012 - Mailed I-129F Package to VSC
  • Jan 31st, 2012 - NOA1 Received
  • Jul 11th, 2012 - NOA2 Received
  • Jul 17th, 2012 - Received at NVC/Case Number Assigned
  • Jul 19th, 2012 - Petition Sent to Casablanca Consulate
  • Jul 23rd, 2012 - Petition Received at Casablanca
  • Jul 27th, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
  • Sept 5th, 2012 - Interview (approved)
  • Sept. 7th, 2012 - Visa Received
  • November 16th, 2012 - POE: Atlanta, GA
  • December 1st, 2012 - Married
  • March 21st, 2013 - AOS Filed
  • March 29th, 2013 - I-485 NOA Received
  • June 19th, 2013 - Biometrics Appointment
  • July 11th, 2013 - EAD and AP Combined Card Received
  • September 20th, 2013 - NOID issued for missing immunization records
  • September 26th - 27th, 2013 - Obtained updated immunization, physical, sealed records from Civil Surgeon
  • October 3rd, 2013 - Immunization records mailed to USCIS Charlotte Office
  • October 8th, 2013 - Immunization records received at USCIS
  • October 29th, 2013 - I-485 Application to adjust status to Marriage Visa approved (no interview)
  • November 7th, 2013 - Restricted Green Card arrived
  • July 31st, 2015 - I-751 Removal of Conditions filed
  • August 3rd, 2015 - Received ROC NOA1
  • August 25th, 2015 - Biometrics appointment completed
  • July 14th, 2016 - Application for 10-year visa approved; new card in production
  • July 22nd, 2016 - 10-year visa received
  • September 6th, 2016 - Filed N-400 petition for naturalization
  • September 9th, 2016 - N-400 petition for naturalization received by USCIS - Texas Lockbox (September 9th priority date)
  • September 16th, 2016 - NOA received for N-400
  • October 7th, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
  • October 25th, 2016 - placed in line to receive naturalization interview date
  • February 27th, 2017 - interview scheduled
  • March 3rd, 2017 - NOA received for interview date
  • April 3rd, 2017 - naturalization interview - PASSED!
  • April 21st, 2017 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

As for plane tickets, just make sure you buy the round-trip tickets. He won't be allowed on the plane with a one-way ticket from what I've been told. You can always cancel the other half of the ticket... just make sure you actually get it cancelled and that you have confirmation. He can absolutely fly directly into Dulles. It's just a matter of finding the right flight. You could also try Expedia.fr (the French version of our site). Finally, buy your tickets AS SOON AS you find out your dates. The closer you get to the departure date, the more expensive tickets will be (and prices are always lowest on Tuesday afternoon at 3p).

My husband came on a one way ticket with Royal Air Maroc...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.