danielmalvarado

Curse you, Anzac Medical!

5 posts in this topic

So we just had our interview on 02/10/12, and the lady told us our packet was "perfect"

except....

Anzac Medical in Brisbane DIDN'T FILL IN THE IMMUNIZATION BOXES! :( :( :(

They are even highlighted on the form. The doctor simply didn't fill them out. So we got a "refusal worksheet" and they contacted the doctor for the results.

Incredible that they could overlook something so important, seeing as though THAT'S ALL THEY DO at that medical office.

We called the doctor and had them fax over the records, but who knows how long that has delayed the process.

It has now been a week since the interview and we still don't have the visa in hand.

And there was no way we could have known about the error ahead of time because we're not allowed to open the sealed medical report!

Grrr....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

So we just had our interview on 02/10/12, and the lady told us our packet was "perfect"

except....

They are even highlighted on the form. The doctor simply didn't fill them out. So we got a "refusal worksheet" and they contacted the doctor for the results.

Incredible that they could overlook something so important, seeing as though THAT'S ALL THEY DO at that medical office.

We called the doctor and had them fax over the records, but who knows how long that has delayed the process.

It has now been a week since the interview and we still don't have the visa in hand.

And there was no way we could have known about the error ahead of time because we're not allowed to open the sealed medical report!

Grrr....

I experienced something similar at anzac medical, but luckily was picked up before they handed me my sealed envelope. I got a call back for 'an immunization you're missing'. I got there and the doctor apologized as he'd forgotten to write down the Varicella vaccine he'd given me the week before.

I'm sorry this happened to you :(

02/11/12 - I-129F submitted

02/21/12 - NOA1 received

08/22/12 - Applied for NPC

08/29/12 - AFP processed NPC fee

09/11/12 - NOA2

09/11/12 - NPC complete & mailed to me

09/15/12 - NOA2 received by mail

09/19/12 - NVC received petition and allocated case number

09/24/12 - NVC shipped case to embassy

09/25/12 - medical

09/28/12 - Embassy received case

10/02/12 - Packet 3 received

10/03/12 - Packet 3 mailed

10/18/12 - Packet 4 received

11/06/12 - Interview at Sydney embassy - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

True, but they ARE supposed to give you a copy of the immunisation report (DS-3025) as stated at the bottom of that form. Seeing you're in the middle of getting this fixd, ask for a copy of your ENTIRE medical because you may need it for AOS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

except....

Grrr....

Awwww Man! I would of been pissed, i'll definitely have my fiance ask for a copy of his medical so we can avoid an issue like this. Sorry about the delay. I hope you hear something soon!

USCIS

03/31/2012: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

04/03/2012: I-129F recieved and sent to VSC

04/06/2012: NOA1 text/email.

04/09/2012: Touched.

04/12/2012: NOA1 hardcopy.

09/06/2012: Service request placed- They advised I should hear something by 9/21

09/17/2012: Received letter from USCIS just to be told i'm within' normal processing time bleh.

10/03/2012: NOA2 text received - Best part is it's our 2nd year anniversary!! Great Gift! :)

Sydney Consulate

10/21/2012: Packet 3 Received

11/30/2012: Sent packet 3

12/27/2012: Received packet 4 Interview date :)

01/22/2013: Medical completed

02/05/2013: Interview date status: APPROVED 306 Days!!

02/22/2013: Visa in Hand

02/24/2013: POE- Dallas, TX- then connecting flight home!

Total Time it took to complete our K1 process- 10 months and 3 weeks!!! INSANE! (325 days)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

except....

Grrr....

Oh no :( so sorry to hear. I'm sure it will get sorted quickly.

Didn't you get a copy of the vaccinations for your records? When I opened the big x-ray envelope they sent me back, there was a sealed envelope(with the medical results which I didn't open) the x-ray and a copy of the vaccination for my records.

Lucky enough last night when I was pulling all my paperwork together I decided to bring that too just in case....phew Interview is tomorrow :unsure: so nervous

Edited by Safety Chick

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.