Sherlyn

RED RIBBON

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from CR-1 spousal visa to Philippines regional forum as not visa process related ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I am the husband (Wife is currently licensed in Texas),,,

First you need to find a state that will give authorise you to take the test it is called ATT (Authorization to Test).

Usually, from most states we checked,,, it involves (at a minimum).

1. Evaluate ATT/Licensing requirements for the (BON) Board of Nursing in various states.

2. Send application and fee to the BON for the state you are seeking the ATT and licensing

3. Get your transcripts evaluated. (Note: need to use an Evaluation Company the state accepts)

a. Send application and money to the Evaluation Company.

b. Have your college send an official copy of the transcripts directly to that company

c. If you are an RN in the PI (like my wife is) have the PRC (Phil Reg Commission) send a VOL (Verification

of License) directly to the Evaluation Company

4. If you satisify ALL the requirements for the BON you will be issed an ATT number.

5. Register to take the NCLEX test using the ATT and pay the fees.

6. Take the test and hopefully pass.

Note: I Highly suggest you take the NCLEX test prep in the Philippines before attempting the NCLEX.

From my observation and wifes initial failure Was due to inadequate knowledge in two areas.

1. Drugs (Philippines does not cover the very expensive and common USA drug regiments)

2. Prioritization: The way the questions are formatted,,, it was difficult di-sect the question

and arrive at the correct answer.

My wife went back to the Philippines and attended the first 6 weeks of the Kaplan test prep. She said,

really made the prioritization portion of the test EASY.

(Note: The wife passed the PI RN test w/out attending test prep) so, do not think the NCLEX is easier as some

suggest.

Regards,

dc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First you need to find a state that will give authorise you to take the test it is called ATT (Authorization to Test).

1. Evaluate ATT/Licensing requirements for the (BON) Board of Nursing in various states.

2. Send application and fee to the BON for the state you are seeking the ATT and licensing

3. Get your transcripts evaluated. (Note: need to use an Evaluation Company the state accepts)

b. Have your college send an official copy of the transcripts directly to that company

c. If you are an RN in the PI (like my wife is) have the PRC (Phil Reg Commission) send a VOL (Verification

4. If you satisify ALL the requirements for the BON you will be issed an ATT number.

Note: I Highly suggest you take the NCLEX test prep in the Philippines before attempting the NCLEX.

From my observation and wifes initial failure Was due to inadequate knowledge in two areas.

1. Drugs (Philippines does not cover the very expensive and common USA drug regiments)

2. Prioritization: The way the questions are formatted,,, it was difficult di-sect the question

My wife went back to the Philippines and attended the first 6 weeks of the Kaplan test prep. She said,

(Note: The wife passed the PI RN test w/out attending test prep) so, do not think the NCLEX is easier as some

suggest.

Regards,

dc

Thanks for the infos sir!:) kaplan test prep is quite expensive here in the Philippines but I know it will be worth it, what I did is I bought some highly recommended books like saunders, mosby and kaplan so yeah I'm just self reviewing right now but I will try to talk to my fiancé about this matter. Thanks again and God bless you... :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the infos sir!:) kaplan test prep is quite expensive here in the Philippines but I know it will be worth it, what I did is I bought some highly recommended books like saunders, mosby and kaplan so yeah I'm just self reviewing right now but I will try to talk to my fiancé about this matter. Thanks again and God bless you... :)

When you become a nurse over here, the amount of money spent on the review will be nothing compare to what you'll earn here.

Edited by ca_babe

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

You can apply for the ATT (authorization to test) through any state in the U.S. Each state has its own requirements. Check out the Board of Nursing website of the state where you want to apply. Once you have fulfilled the requirements of the state where you applied, and have received the ATT, you can sit for the NCLEX-RN anywhere you want, including your home town here in the U.S. You do not need to take the test in the state where you applied for the NCLEX.

Once you have passed the NCLEX-RN, you will be issued an RN license by the state in which you applied. That license authorizes you to work as an RN in that state. If you instead want to work in the state where you live, you can transfer your license to your state through a procedure called "license by endorsement." Each state has it's own requirements for licensing by endorsement. Once you have completed the licensing by endorsement process, you will be licensed in your state and can go to work as an RN.

Chinook applied through the state of Vermont, and was accepted. She sat for the NCLEX-RN in the State of Washington. She passed the test, and was licensed by the State of Vermont. Then she applied through the State of Washington for a license by endorsement. It took a month or so for Washington to grant her a license. Chinook started working as an RN here in Washington about three months after the Washington State Board of Nursing issued her license.

Here are Chinook's recommendations to prepare for the NCLEX-RN:

> Saunders Comprehensive Fourth Edition-- A good book for the basics. Also, pay close attention to the pharma.

> Exam Cram-- A good book for analysis. The practice questions are similar in style to the actual test.

> LaCharity-- A good book for prioritization.

> NCLEX3500-- Free online review. Good for analysis. Questions are more challenging than Saunders.

> Memorize only the very basic lab values. If you try to understand the concept first, the analysis becomes easier.

> Answer at least 100 questions every day.

> Chinook self-studied for the NCLEX-RN. She always wanted to feel fresh and relaxed when she was studying, so she would study for an hour or so at a time. Then, when she was feeling tired, she would take a short nap. :)

Good luck on the NCLEX. There are jobs out there waiting for you!

Mabuhay ang Pinay RN's !!!

:thumbs: :thumbs:

When you become a nurse over here, the amount of money spent on the review will be nothing compare to what you'll earn here.

^^^ Amen to that !!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

and here i thought you were talking about the bakery.. love their cakes.. mmmmmmm yummy..

LPR 2007

CITIZENSHIP 2012

N-400 filed based marriage to usc = april ??

biometrics = june 21

interview = august 2

oath taking = august 29

done..

Timeline

and here i thought you were talking about the bakery.. love their cakes.. mmmmmmm yummy..

:rofl: I was thinking about the bakery as well!

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can apply for the ATT (authorization to test) through any state in the U.S. Each state has its own requirements. Check out the Board of Nursing website of the state where you want to apply. Once you have fulfilled the requirements of the state where you applied, and have received the ATT, you can sit for the NCLEX-RN anywhere you want, including your home town here in the U.S. You do not need to take the test in the state where you applied for the NCLEX.

Once you have passed the NCLEX-RN, you will be issued an RN license by the state in which you applied. That license authorizes you to work as an RN in that state. If you instead want to work in the state where you live, you can transfer your license to your state through a procedure called "license by endorsement." Each state has it's own requirements for licensing by endorsement. Once you have completed the licensing by endorsement process, you will be licensed in your state and can go to work as an RN.

Chinook applied through the state of Vermont, and was accepted. She sat for the NCLEX-RN in the State of Washington. She passed the test, and was licensed by the State of Vermont. Then she applied through the State of Washington for a license by endorsement. It took a month or so for Washington to grant her a license. Chinook started working as an RN here in Washington about three months after the Washington State Board of Nursing issued her license.

Here are Chinook's recommendations to prepare for the NCLEX-RN:

> Saunders Comprehensive Fourth Edition-- A good book for the basics. Also, pay close attention to the pharma.

> Exam Cram-- A good book for analysis. The practice questions are similar in style to the actual test.

> LaCharity-- A good book for prioritization.

> NCLEX3500-- Free online review. Good for analysis. Questions are more challenging than Saunders.

> Memorize only the very basic lab values. If you try to understand the concept first, the analysis becomes easier.

> Answer at least 100 questions every day.

> Chinook self-studied for the NCLEX-RN. She always wanted to feel fresh and relaxed when she was studying, so she would study for an hour or so at a time. Then, when she was feeling tired, she would take a short nap. :)

Good luck on the NCLEX. There are jobs out there waiting for you!

Mabuhay ang Pinay RN's !!!

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Wow! Thanks for the infos... :) saunders is a big help... I have that book already... :) I'm planning to take my exam in california but after reading some blogs last night I feel like taking the exam in other state and just have that license by endorsement, because the BON in california is now constantly denying applications of Filipino foreign graduates because of “California Code of Regulations Section 1426(d) states that theory and clinical practice shall be concurrent.” After that the BON is advising the applicant to take another course of classes.

You need to check out California's process for licensure by endorsement. It may have the same strict requirements.

Red ribbon/authentication is not required. The requirements depend on the state you're applying for.

I applied in Vermont, but I've read they now require a Social Security Number.

Yes, that's true about the California BRN. I know many who were denied for that reason, and were advised to either sit for NCLEX-PN instead or take additional classes.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Timeline

suggest.

Regards,

dc

I agree with the prep. My wife took it in Makati. Make sure to really study the drugs. My wife failed the first time because of the drugs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.