jason&carol

receipt number

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi! i just paid the visa thru the accredited bank which is bpi... i entered the receipt number as instructed but m getting an error message which is invalid...is it bec i just paid it or shud i allow a day or two to input again????

Thanks,

Jason & CaroL

hi.. u just paid it today..? it's weekends, Anyways.. Check it again by monday.. It will be available for sure..

Edited by iluvmy_hubbybunny

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
K1 TIMELINE
02-10-2012 - NOA1 (hard copy)
08-22-2012 - NOA2
08-26-2012 - NOA2 (hard copy)
09-06-2012 - Medical (first day)
09-07-2012 - Medical (second day) -
passed!
10-04-2012 - Interview Day - approved!
10-10-2012 - Visa received (3 working days)
10-11-2012 - CFO Seminar (got certificate and sticker one day)

AOS TIMELINE

01-04-2013 - got my SS Card

01-18-2013 - Filing Date

02-14-2013 - Bio Appointment

08-29-2013 - AOS Approved (no interview)

ROC TIMELINE

06-15-2015 - Filing Date

07-23-2015 - Bio Appointment

04-04-2016 - ROC Approved (no interview)

N400 TIMELINE

08-27-2016 - Filing Date

10-03-2016 - Bio Appointment

12-20-2016 - N400 Interview (approved)

12-28-2016 - Oath Taking

Timeline

The receipt number you should enter is the beneficiary PASSPORT #. And yeah,you should wait for 2-4hours after you paid..But the best thing you should do to schedule your appointment is to call the embassy.Base of my experience. :)

Timeline

so its the beneficiary's passport number i shud put not the receipt number from the deposit slip? and is it the US embassy manila number? do u have it? thnks so much

Thanks,

Jason & CaroL

Timeline

so its the beneficiary's passport number i shud put not the receipt number from the deposit slip? and is it the US embassy manila number? do u have it? thnks so much

Yeah. :thumbs: Here's the info. Book an appointment by calling (02) 982-5555 and (02) 902-8930 for calls within the Philippines and other countries aside from mainland United States or (214) 571-1600 for calls from mainland United States. The call center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, Manila time, except on U.S. and Philippine holidays. You're WELCOME! :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi! i just paid the visa thru the accredited bank which is bpi... i entered the receipt number as instructed but m getting an error message which is invalid...is it bec i just paid it or shud i allow a day or two to input again????

They say you can schedule 4 hours after paying at BPI, but normally it takes 24 hours.

The receipt number you should enter is the beneficiary PASSPORT #. And yeah,you should wait for 2-4hours after you paid..But the best thing you should do to schedule your appointment is to call the embassy.Base of my experience. :)

Not always is the receipt number the passport number, especially after the changes with how payment is done.

No you put in the receipt number as shown on your receipt. Just be patient as it can take up to 24 hours before its in the embassy system.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Not always is the receipt number the passport number, ...

This is true. I just scheduled a couple weeks ago, and after reading all about using the passport number, I was frustrated when the site would not take it. I then tried the receipt number from BPI and it took me right in to the date selection page. Passport number may still work for some people - I'm not wanting to dispute anyone - I just wanted to share what happened to me.

Our Visa Journey:
I-129F packet mailed: 3/2/2012
NOA1: 3/7/2012
NOA2: 9/18/2012
NVC Issued Case #: 9/25/2012
Manila Interview: 10/24/2012 - Approved
US Entry: 11/15/2012
Marriage: 12/8/2012

AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed: 1/17/2013
NOA1 date for all three: 1/28/2013
Biometrics: 2/21/2013
Received EAD/AP card: 3/26/2013

AOS approved: 9/6/2013

Green Card received: 9/14/2013

ROC packet mailed: 6/13/2015

NOA1: 6/16/2015

Biometrics: 7/15/2015

ROC approved: 3/30/2016

10-year Green Card received: 4/6/2016

N-400 packet mailed: 11/17/2016

NOA1: 11/23/2017

Biometrics: 12/19/2016

Interview: 2/21/2017

Oath Ceremony: 4/12/2017

Timeline

Just an added FYI on online scheduling, You are only allowed 2 appointment cancellation before the system will issue a warning. So don't confirm any interview date until its the date that is suited for you. This is what happened to me. I thought the scheduling is like the airline reservation, you can reserve a date and book an earlier date if it becomes available. I used up the online cancellation allowance. So I have to use the call center#. I called them 2-3X a day to check earlier dates. Boy was that hard. I prefer being able to see the available dates online.

Also once interview date is set, cancellation is only allowed if its 2 or more working days prior. Watch out for Philippines and USA holidays.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.