mas85

CRBA?

16 posts in this topic

I currently live in davao and we scheduled an appointed at Manila US embassy on October 23 to apply CRBA for our 4month old baby but planning to fly back to davao afterwards. How long do we have to wait to get the baby's US passport? do we have to wait for days in manila?

Edited by annconscious85

I currently live in davao and we scheduled an appointed at Manila US embassy on October 23 to apply CRBA for our 4month old baby but planning to fly back to davao afterwards. How long do we have to wait to get the baby's US passport? do we have to wait for days in manila?

After the interview and the applicant (your child) is approved you will receive the DS-1350 Certification of Report of Birth Abroad. (DS- 11 US Passport apply at the same time as the CRBA interview)

Delivery of both will be at the PI address given by you on your application. Time will very depending processing the CRBA and your location. For my wife and I, it was less then a week, but don't count on that timeline.

Note: If your child is in the PI with only CRBA/US passport, you need to make sure you get your child his/her PI passport if you do not your looking at costly fees from the BI (Philippine Bureau of Immigration) exit permit and or late fees, when the child exits the Philippines. One plus is with both US and PI passport your child will have Dual Citizenship, with out hassle of paper work/fees down the road.

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from Bringing Family to CRBA forum ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Yes. You can go home to davao and wait for the certifiate and passport to be sent there. Like what PP said, since youre in Manila, schedule a PI passport too. Shouldnt take long and will be delivered to your home address too.

Sjr09: so does it mean that we can go home after the interview and passport application and just wait for them to send the baby's passport in our address here in PI?

Yes. You can go home to davao and wait for the certifiate and passport to be sent there. Like what PP said, since youre in Manila, schedule a PI passport too. Shouldnt take long and will be delivered to your home address too.

:thumbs: As above yes, and good luck.

After the interview and the applicant (your child) is approved you will receive the DS-1350 FS-240 Certification of Report of Birth Abroad.

I often forget the new redesigned CRBA certificate is the FS-240 and not the old DS-1350 design.

Will my baby's US passport be sent to my address here in davao or my husband's address in the US? Because he wanted to keep the baby's passport that's why. Personally I rather want the US embassy to send it in my address here PI but my husband doesn't want. lol

Edited by annconscious85

After the interview and the applicant (your child) is approved you will receive the DS-1350 Certification of Report of Birth Abroad. (DS- 11 US Passport apply at the same time as the CRBA interview)

Delivery of both will be at the PI address given by you on your application. Time will very depending processing the CRBA and your location. For my wife and I, it was less then a week, but don't count on that timeline.

Note: If your child is in the PI with only CRBA/US passport, you need to make sure you get your child his/her PI passport if you do not your looking at costly fees from the BI (Philippine Bureau of Immigration) exit permit and or late fees, when the child exits the Philippines. One plus is with both US and PI passport your child will have Dual Citizenship, with out hassle of paper work/fees down the road.

Will my baby's US passport be sent to my address here in davao or my husband's address in the US? Because he wanted to keep the baby's passport that's why. Personally I rather want the US embassy to send it in my address here PI but my husband doesn't want. lol

Dhay, read my post above, "Delivery of both will be at the PI address given by you on your application" Tell your husband it's not about what he wants, but how things work.

once we receive the baby's US passport, does it mean that he can automatically go to the US anytime?

once we receive the baby's US passport, does it mean that he can automatically go to the US anytime?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes. good.gif

[/quote

hi

I think pag provinces is take 2 weeks b4 edeliver sis. goodluck for ur CRBA interviw sis soon.

CRBA first baby
CHRISTIAN gave birth 2008
OCT 15,2010-- CHRISTIAN US PASSPORT/CRBA CERTIFICATe
JAN 20, 2011--CHRISTIAN PHIL PASSPORT
JUNE 03,2011-- CHRISTIAN SSN CARD
CRBA 2nd baby
CHARLES gave birth 2010
JAN 30th 2012-- CHARLES US PASSPORT AND CRBA CERTIFICATE.......
MAY-09- 2012-= CHARLES SSN CaRD

IR-1
OCT /13 / 2012 -- sent from I-130 via(express mail)

OCT /15 / 2012--- picked up delivery to uscis

OCT / 16/ 2012--noa1 no txt/ no email PD

OCT /17 /2012-- recieved notice from the mail.

DEC /17 / 2012--- APPROVED NOA2

DEC / 22 / 2012-- recieved Hardcopy of Noa2

JAN/ 05/ 2013-- Recieved our papers to NVC

feb 11 2013__ paid aos

april 15 2013-- paid iv bill

aug 29,2013-AOS AND IV PACKET recieved nvc sept 3 2013

sept 6 2013 sent via email ds260

sep 27 2013 2tNVC- got email checklist

NOV 16 2013 sent nvc checklist document fedex istimate friday will recieve to nvc

nov 25 2013--nvc review our docs. waiting for cc

dec 6 2013 -- nvc email got 2nd checklist but case complete.

dec 13 2013-- got P4

dec 19 and 20-- passed medical

JAN 2, 2014 INTERVIEW DATE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.