laurabeth

October 2012 K1 filers

877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats to all the additional people who have been approved lately!!!

We got our noa2 approval April 29.

Does anyone know roughly how long to expect for it to go to NVC, be processed further and then onto our local US consulate?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Still waiting 188days already

Don't worry, you'll probably hear something either this week or next. You've been waiting about the same amount of time we did. It's coming!

Filed: Timeline

Are there any CSC filers that have not received NOA2 or an RFE? My NOA1 is October 11...but still no activity per the USCIS website. Igors list implies that most October petitions have already been approved or received RFE's May 1st...or earlier.

If your petition has NOT been processed in any way...do you have any rationale for it? Is your case complicated due to IMBRA or some other situation? My petition has a request for an IMBRA waiver. I'm beginning to think that this caused them to do more research on my petition...and thus additional delay. Receipt numbers just prior and after my number have been processed. So...either they skipped over my number...or...my situation is complicated and required more research or higher-level CSC approval?

Would love to hear from you if your petition has not yet been touched.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Finally got the RFE we had been expecting!! Tomorrow would have been 7 months! Pretty sure it will be for Fiance Letter of Intent (of course I didn't find the site until after we sent everything in). But my fiancé mailed it last week so it should get here around the same time the RFE comes in the mail. Never thought I would be so excited to get an RFE!

Congrats to all the additional people who have been approved lately!!!

We got our noa2 approval April 29.

Does anyone know roughly how long to expect for it to go to NVC, be processed further and then onto our local US consulate?

We received our NOA2 on April 11. I called NVC on April 24 and they said they did not have our file from USCIS so they could not give me our case number. They also said it usually takes 14-20 days to receive and give a case number. The Packet 3 email from our local embassy in Chisinau came very early on April 30. I called NVC the same day and got our case number. This all sounds pretty typical for a timeline from what I have seen on others NOA2-NVC-Packet 3 email.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are there any CSC filers that have not received NOA2 or an RFE? My NOA1 is October 11...but still no activity per the USCIS website. Igors list implies that most October petitions have already been approved or received RFE's May 1st...or earlier.

Â

If your petition has NOT been processed in any way...do you have any rationale for it? Is your case complicated due to IMBRA or some other situation? My petition has a request for an IMBRA waiver. I'm beginning to think that this caused them to do more research on my petition...and thus additional delay. Receipt numbers just prior and after my number have been processed. So...either they skipped over my number...or...my situation is complicated and required more research or higher-level CSC approval?

Â

Would love to hear from you if your petition has not yet been touched.

I hope we will get ours soon. That's all we can do, hope and pray.

CSc has tested our patience too much. Calling them doesn't help, e request doesn't help. Lucky are those who are able to get help from any representative or who so ever.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My time has come guys smile.png thanks for the encouragement!!!!

On May 9, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

See? ;) What'd I tell ya! Congratulations guys :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i just have a question: we have a MNL case number already but when i inquired at NVC, they said that the case still has to be forwarded to the US Embassy in Manila, we're still undergoing administrative processing - when does this petition usually get to the consulate? also, is packet 3 being delivered via email nowadays? when should i start calling USEM in Manila to ff up our case? we were approved as of April 26. we got the hard copy in the mail around May 2. sorry if i ask some silly questions. but thanks for all the info in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.