M J

Fiance's passport

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am in the process of refiling my I-129F due to the original being denied (I included no supporting documentation). I should be receiving my Fiance's signed G-325A, letter of intent, and pics any day now. I just had a quick question. My Fiance's passport has her old address. Should she change it to her current address? I was thinking she should change the address asap if needed since it can take some time. She just got the passport not too long ago, and it was a hassle for her, so I wanted to ask before she goes through the trouble of changing the address. She used her old address because all of her ID's still had the old address at the time. She has since changed her ID's to her current address.

Thanks.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

home address is not written on the Philippine passport.

maybe you meant the "person to contact in case of emergency" part at the last page of the passport?

Timeline

Nope I meant the home address. I never even paid attention to my US passport, and now that I look, it does not have my home address either. I asked her about it and she did not say it did not have her address. I will have to ask her about it again. Now I feel dumb :huh:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

as long as her philippine passport is valid (it will not expire in the next 6 months), i don't see a problem.

is she thinking about the old address that she used on the passport application form? if yes, she doesn't need to go to DFA and change it. it's only for record/delivery purpose and have no impact on the passport itself.

Timeline

After she got her passport she changed all her other IDs to her current address. I always thought she would eventually have to change her passport address and I just thought about all that the other day. I told her when she first got her passport to use her current address but she used the address on all her IDs, which was her old one. She just checked and told me there is a place in the back to write her address, which she did not do yet. I remember now that my US passport has a space to do that also, and it recommends to write in pencil so you can erase and change later if you move. We should be OK with the passport. Thanks.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.