7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

So i cant go to my biometrics appointment. The appointment is on the 10th, i just sent back the letter with the the change the appointment box marked,but they told me it wont leave my town till tomorrow. Its priority so it should get there by 3rd or 4th, will that be enough time for them to change the date?i have heard soe horror stories about people who dont send it back ontiem and get denied or rejected. Any ideas?

A somewhat similar situation happened to me. I called USCIS because I thought I was going to have to reschedule my biometrics and I didn't find out until the day before. The woman on the phone told me that as long as I made an attempt to reschedule, I'd be fine. But then people here told me I might be denied because I had "abandoned" my appointment. I would call USCIS and see what they tell you. I never did get a straight answer as to how rescheduling at the last minute works.

Since you're sending the letter and it will likely get there BEFORE your appointment, I think you're okay. But you might want to call and make sure!

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

So i cant go to my biometrics appointment. The appointment is on the 10th, i just sent back the letter with the the change the appointment box marked,but they told me it wont leave my town till tomorrow. Its priority so it should get there by 3rd or 4th, will that be enough time for them to change the date?i have heard soe horror stories about people who dont send it back ontiem and get denied or rejected. Any ideas?

Have you tried doing walk-in?

Wife's USCIS Journey

02-27-2012 Mailed I-130, I-485 and I-765 to Chicago by Priority Mail

02-29-2012 Post Office website shows as delivered

03-01-2012 USCIS received I-130, I-485 and I-765

03-05-2012 Received 3 text and 3 email receipt notifications

03-07-2012 $1,490 poorer - both checks cashed

03-12-2012 Received NOAs for all 3 applications

03-16-2012 Received Biometrics Notice for Apr. 2

03-19-2012 Successful Walkin Biometrics

04-09-2012 Received text/email about scheduled interview for May. 11

04-12-2012 Received a hard copy of an interview letter

05-04-2012 Received a notification "Card Production Ordered" for EAD.

05-09-2012 Received another notification "Card Production Ordered" for EAD.

05-10-2012 Received notification that EAD was mailed.

05-11-2012 AOS Interview at 12:30 no final decision

05-11-2012 Notification "Card production ordered" at 3:30 pm. APPROVED!!!!!!!

05-14-2012 Received EAD card in mail and I-130 approval notification

05-15-2012 Received hard copies of I-130 approval, welcome to USA letter and a notification that green card was sent

05-21-2012 Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-23-2012 Applied for SSN

***Counting down to RoC***

Timeline

Have you tried doing walk-in?

Nah, my problem is my husband has a government job and he is currently in canada for special "training " ( he is an accountant, i dont ge tthat whole special training thing ),and i had to go around his friends and ask and see if anyone could take me, the date they all offered was after the date set by uscis

Timeline

So i just got off the phone with uscis. They might have had just a robot reread my current status to me. When i asked the lady about the situation, all she said was we cantdisclose that information, once we have reschudled your appointment we will inform you as to when and where to appear, almost word for word.it is insane that me asking if four, five days would be enough for them reschudle would mean a classified answer.Get this, she didnt even bother to finish tue conversation, after reading the status she just hung up on me

Edited by Lillythekid

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Nah, my problem is my husband has a government job and he is currently in canada for special "training " ( he is an accountant, i dont ge tthat whole special training thing ),and i had to go around his friends and ask and see if anyone could take me, the date they all offered was after the date set by uscis

Call them up after they've received the letter, inquiring about your case. USCIS won't tell you much over phone however.

I know it reeks not being able to go. I wish we could help each other out on VJ but it's a huuuge country.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

Call them up after they've received the letter, inquiring about your case. USCIS won't tell you much over phone however.

I know it reeks not being able to go. I wish we could help each other out on VJ but it's a huuuge country.

Yeah, i figured as much. The first time i called about my RFE the lady showed some manners, that got my hopes up. Its ok, i have an rfe going on too, ill keep busy with that while waiting on the biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.