let-it-be

Filing for I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am in a process of filling up the I-130 Petition For Alien Relative form for my parents.

For the Section 14 b. Did you gain legal permanent resident status through marriage to a US citizen or lawful permanent resident?

I interpreted it that since I became a PR through marriage to my US citizen hubby that I should answer YES. But hubby thinks that I should just leave it unanswered since it doesn't pertain to me anymore because I am filing this petition as a US citizen & not a permanent resident. Who is right?:wacko:

Edited by let-it-be

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline

I am in a process of filling up the I-130 Petition For Alien Relative form for my parents.

For the Section 14 b. Did you gain legal permanent resident status through marriage to a US citizen or lawful permanent resident?

I interpreted it that since I became a PR through marriage to my US citizen hubby that I should answer YES. But hubby thinks that I should just leave it unanswered since it doesn't pertain to me anymore because I am filing this petition as a US citizen & not a permanent resident. Who is right?:wacko:

I think he is actually correct since you're no longer in PR status. If you read question 13 it also ask about US citizenship which i am assuming that you. You can't be a PR and a USC at the same time so i'm thinking that don't pertain to you. But wait for another member with more experience to respond to you. But i think he's correct

Married: 24th February

Adjusting from B2 Visa

Concurrent filing I130, I485 and I765:

Day 0.... 08/06/12- Package mailed to Chicago Lockbok via FedEx ground

Day 2.... 08/08/12- Package delivered and signed for

Day 4.... 08/10/12- Received Email and text confirmation

Day 8.... 08/14/12- Check cleared

Day11... 08/17/12- I797C, NOA biometric appt received. Scheduled date 08/31/12 @ 12:00

Day16....08/22/12- Biometric appt completed.... Early walk-in less than 15 minutes

Day16....08/22/12- Received NOA hard copies in the mail for I-130, I-485, I-765

Day38....09/13/12- Received text notification for interview. Scheduled date 10/18/10

Day40....09/15/12- Received hard copy for interview. Scheduled 10/18/12 @ 12:45 Holtsville NY

Day61....10/06/12- Received text notification about EAD card production

Day66....10/11/12- Received 2nd and 3rd text notification about EAD card in production

Day67....10/12/12- Received notification card was picked up by USPS

Day70....10/15/12- Received EAD card in the mail. I'm loving it

Day72....10/17/12- Went to SS Office to apply for card

Day73....10/18/12- Interview day!!!! Approved

Day77....10/22/12- Received approval letters for I-130 and I-485. Got SS card

Day78....10/23/12- Got 2 text msgs about card production

Day79....10/24/12- Green card mailed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

your husband, you fill out number 13 as a USC, you cannot be a Citizen and a resident at the same time, or you fill out number 13 because you are a citizen, or you fill out number 14 and 14b as a resident. you cannot be both at the same time.

because it is a generic form, residents can file for spouses and unmarried children and they use the same form, you fill out only one of them depending on your current legal status. in your case you are filing one i130 for each parent as a USC.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you Jessie05 & aleful for clarifying it to me.:thumbs:

I definitely over analyzed that particular question. :wacko:

Hubby is gloating that he was right all along! :whistle::rofl:

I don't answer NO either right? Just leave it unanswered?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Thank you Jessie05 & aleful for clarifying it to me.:thumbs:

I definitely over analyzed that particular question. :wacko:

Hubby is gloating that he was right all along! :whistle::rofl:

I don't answer NO either right? Just leave it unanswered?

You're welcome. Instead of leaving it blank put N/A instead

Married: 24th February

Adjusting from B2 Visa

Concurrent filing I130, I485 and I765:

Day 0.... 08/06/12- Package mailed to Chicago Lockbok via FedEx ground

Day 2.... 08/08/12- Package delivered and signed for

Day 4.... 08/10/12- Received Email and text confirmation

Day 8.... 08/14/12- Check cleared

Day11... 08/17/12- I797C, NOA biometric appt received. Scheduled date 08/31/12 @ 12:00

Day16....08/22/12- Biometric appt completed.... Early walk-in less than 15 minutes

Day16....08/22/12- Received NOA hard copies in the mail for I-130, I-485, I-765

Day38....09/13/12- Received text notification for interview. Scheduled date 10/18/10

Day40....09/15/12- Received hard copy for interview. Scheduled 10/18/12 @ 12:45 Holtsville NY

Day61....10/06/12- Received text notification about EAD card production

Day66....10/11/12- Received 2nd and 3rd text notification about EAD card in production

Day67....10/12/12- Received notification card was picked up by USPS

Day70....10/15/12- Received EAD card in the mail. I'm loving it

Day72....10/17/12- Went to SS Office to apply for card

Day73....10/18/12- Interview day!!!! Approved

Day77....10/22/12- Received approval letters for I-130 and I-485. Got SS card

Day78....10/23/12- Got 2 text msgs about card production

Day79....10/24/12- Green card mailed

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.