3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I posted a similar question earlier this week. I wanted to find out how most people are dealing with medical exams. I filed for a K-1 Fiancé visa and my fiancé at that time had a medical exam performed, they also look at her vaccinations. The problem I am having is that medical office in Ciudad Juarez left the vaccination worksheet empty. The rest was given to us in sealed envelope that we gave to the consulate.

When we got to the consulate they took the sealed envelope and kept it, we never saw it again. So…When I am looking at form i-693 it states that you need to show proof that you took the physical. So I called USCIS and the operator told me that I have to called Ciudad Juarez Consulate to request a copy of the medical exams.

Then I went to civil surgeon and they said you don’t need to request the exams, because if you’re applying for AOS within one year of the exam, then It is not required to do another ( but like I said, I don’t have proof because the consulate kept the sealed envelope) physical exam. What I do have is an EMPTY vaccination worksheet given to us by Ciudad Juarez Clinic, that the civil surgeon says that’s all that is needed to complete the requirements, BUT WHAT DO I DO WITH THE REST OF THE I693, DO I LEAVE IT BLANK? And only do the vaccination worksheet? Who is giving me the correct information? How are you guys doing it?

I called Kaiser and they said they can administer the vaccines Tdap/MMR/Flu shot.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Juarez will not give you copies of your medical. Take the blank DS-3025 AND any vaccination records you already had from your own doctors to the civil surgeon.

It sounds like you found a decent civil surgeon that knows you do not need another medical exam for AOS when you just had the K-1 medical not long ago. That is a good thing. That means the civil surgeon knows what they are doing is not trying to rip you off by making you get and pay for another medical that is not needed. Many people have a hard time finding a civil surgeon that will not insist on a whole new medical.

You only need Page 1 and the vaccinations page of the I-693 filled out by the civil surgeon. Yes, the rest of the pages will be left blank. Please see the I-693 instructions, page 4: Section III> #2> C.

The civil surgeon will transcribe the vaccinations onto the I-693 and let you know if you are missing any. They will verify your identity and witness your signature in part 1, and sign off on the form in part 3. They should give you a copy and seal the original in an envelope that you will mail in with your I-485.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.