Keigwyn

RFE - Is there any difference between Chicago and CSC requests?

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

After watching the dust settle on our cases submitted to Chicago, I finally got and email (well 3 actually) saying they had been transferred to CSC.

Out of curiousity I see that some folk got RFE before transfer and some after. So I was wondering if Chicago do one type of checking and CSC do another part.

It looks like most of the Chicago stuff is missing info, not sure about CSC, can you guys confirm this?

Thanks

AOS/EAD/AP Filed:2006-09-23
AP Approved:2006-10-30
EAD Approved!:2006-11-02
AOS Approved!:2007-02-12

Remove Conditions filed:2008-11-13
Green Card Received:2009-01-30

N400 Filed:2013-01-25 (Phoenix)
Biometrics:2013-02-25 (Grand Rapids)
Interview:2013-05-07(Detroit)

Oath Ceremony:2013-05-24(Marquette)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi,

After watching the dust settle on our cases submitted to Chicago, I finally got and email (well 3 actually) saying they had been transferred to CSC.

Out of curiousity I see that some folk got RFE before transfer and some after. So I was wondering if Chicago do one type of checking and CSC do another part.

It looks like most of the Chicago stuff is missing info, not sure about CSC, can you guys confirm this?

Thanks

Well I believe Chicago looks for the obvious things that would normally be missing and then send out RFEs regarding that ... Once the case is transfered to CSC or local office they obviously do a more detailed review of your file ...

What happened in my case is when CSC got my package and after many touches they claimed that our marriage certificate was missing (which I definately know it wasn't and you would think Chicago would have picked this up if it was missing) ...

I would hope the what happened in my case was that our marriage certificate ended up in our EAD package and went to MSC ... Otherwise you have to wonder how incompitent they really are ...

Also are you on the CSC Transfer list yet ?? If not I can add you if you give me the info such as NOA1 date, Biometrics Date and CSC Transfer date ....

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Timeline

Actually I managed to get the info I needed out of your signature ... I have added you to the list on this post so you can compare to other timelines ...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=532024

K-1 VISA

AOS / EAD

I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

They loose a lot. The officer during Infopass told me it happens all the time that on the way from Chicago to Missouri things get lost which will result in a RFE for the "customer"...

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline
They loose a lot. The officer during Infopass told me it happens all the time that on the way from Chicago to Missouri things get lost which will result in a RFE for the "customer"...

Nothing like giving us confidence that they know what they are doing at USCIS when they can't even keep a folder of forms together without loosing anything :) ...

K-1 VISA

AOS / EAD

I-751

Actually I managed to get the info I needed out of your signature ... I have added you to the list on this post so you can compare to other timelines ...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=532024

Thanks for adding me to the List!

Not sure exactly how they lose stuff from Chicago to CSC, but that sure is n't a confidence boost!

AOS/EAD/AP Filed:2006-09-23
AP Approved:2006-10-30
EAD Approved!:2006-11-02
AOS Approved!:2007-02-12

Remove Conditions filed:2008-11-13
Green Card Received:2009-01-30

N400 Filed:2013-01-25 (Phoenix)
Biometrics:2013-02-25 (Grand Rapids)
Interview:2013-05-07(Detroit)

Oath Ceremony:2013-05-24(Marquette)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey, tell me about RFE's!!

See our timeline, we've received TWO: one from Chicago = copy of the NOA (approval) they already had it. And the second from CSC = a "new Medical exam"....?

My 6 y/o son had his medical on February 2006 - ain't supposed to be good for one year? are rules changing or what? Any comment is appreciated

I called the service center and this is what they say: "If you were required to get a NEW medical exam... just do it!!! "

Well, whatever it takes to "follow" their rules without problems and delays.

Good look everyone.

New

Timeline

See our timeline, we've received TWO: one from Chicago = copy of the NOA (approval) they already had it. And the second from CSC = a "new Medical exam"....?

My 6 y/o son had his medical on February 2006 - ain't supposed to be good for one year? are rules changing or what? Any comment is appreciated

I called the service center and this is what they say: "If you were required to get a NEW medical exam... just do it!!! "

Good look everyone.

New

You could just send the suppliment again but at this point it just might be easier to do the whole medical exam just to be safe to prevent even more delays ...

Edited by Waiting in Vancouver

K-1 VISA

AOS / EAD

I-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good look everyone.

New

They did a new medical examination to us at the Civil Surgeon, they said that the medical examination for K1 purposes was other stuff and AOS is different, but the price was the same for the vaccination supplement with or without medical examination so we accepted.

We sent the paperwork to Chicago and it was very fast, four months after the paperwork we received the Green Card!

So if they need something, give it to them.

Good look.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Waiting and Mike & Betty: My son got his "vaccination supplement" for the AOS after two weeks he entered the USA. We tried to get all the required documents on time in order to apply for his AOS.

And now this RFE. Well, it seems what we have to do is get his NEW Medical.

The civil surgeon price $350 for the medical with or without the supplement. :huh:

Thanks for your comments. And the best for all of you.

New

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.