MmmBlondie

Air Force Deployment While Processing

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

Im new (just signed up), but so far have found this forum extremely helpful! I do have one concern though and was wondering if someone might be able to help??

My Fiance is a US citizen in the US Air Force but is currently out of the country on assignment. All forms are pretty much filed out and ready to be sent for when he gets back but...I'm due to fly out on the 9th October till the 16th to see him before he leaves again (end of October) for deployment to Afghanistan. He wont be back in the US till the beginning of March.

My question is....if he sends everything when he gets back but before I visit will I be denied entry due to the application processing or if he files everything after I leave (or during my stay) will he have enough time for it to be approved before he leaves again.

Getting a bit worried here and I know were cutting it close but it was the only time it could be processed as hes been away quite a lot recently :(

Thanks xx

I *believe* you would qualify for an expedite. If you can prove he is being deployed again in October, apply for an expedite and include that proof.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I *believe* you would qualify for an expedite. If you can prove he is being deployed again in October, apply for an expedite and include that proof.

What Evylin said + in theory, you shouldn't have any issues visiting while the petition has been filed; but there's no guarantee that they will let you in. Read this sticky post to get a better of idea of how all this works http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/

Yes we can prove he is being deployed in October but how would I apply?? He was thinking of speaking to someone on base...do you think this would help?

Yes we can prove he is being deployed in October but how would I apply?? He was thinking of speaking to someone on base...do you think this would help?

A link to the USCIS page about expedites is here.

You have a few options in how to do it. You can make a phone call, or when you do file your petition, include a letter requesting the expedite and include proof of deployment.

One more question - with everything of mine on this side eg my G-325A form, shall I print this out and sign it then mail it to him so its the original or is it accepted if I print it out, sign it and scan it back in to send to him via email??

As I said, with the tight gaps of time I want everything to be perfect :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.