notyuriy

Permanent Residence - Address on Visa Fee Payment and Interview at Consulate

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone again! We just got word that NVC sent the petition to Kiev and got our KEV# :) :) :)

Now came the point of scheduling the interview and medical exam, and I found out that even with the new online process you can only pay for the interview with cash at 1 particular bank :(. So we got the forms ready for that and my fiancee is going to go pay the fee today so we can schedule the interview date.

One question to VJ: On the online interview form and on the fee form they again ask for her Mailing Address (on Interview form) and Permanent Residence (on Fee form). Do these addresses have to be what we filed the petition with, her registered (where she is propisana / прописана) address, or the the address where she currently lives (which is temporary).

Thanks everyone!! This community and forum is invaluable!

Timeline

I think I answered my own question. It should be the current address where she is living. Also this address and work history must be updated on the GS-325a form for the interview.

The thing is on I-129F I filed with just her permanent residence where she is registered. Now going to the interview with an updated GS-325a with a new address and work (she only lived there for 6 months, started there exactly after we filed the petition), will these new addresses and work be a problem for the consulate?

I read about filing address changes with USCIS but the petition has already been approved and on its' way to Kiev, so how do we file for an address update at this point?

Timeline

I think I answered my own question. It should be the current address where she is living. Also this address and work history must be updated on the G-325a form for the interview.

The thing is on I-129F I filed with just her permanent residence where she is registered. Now going to the interview with an updated GS-325a with a new address and work (she only lived there for 6 months, started there exactly after we filed the petition), will these new addresses and work be a problem for the consulate?

I read about filing address changes with USCIS but the petition has already been approved and on its' way to Kiev, so how do we file for an address update at this point?

I found some more info and resolved my other question :) :) This place is great! When questions come up though I get panicy and started posting. With more searching the answers do come forward. Here's what I found in case anyone else is in the same position:

So the consensus seems to be that if G-325a and DS-230 differ in history or other info, to bring the correct info with DS-230 and bring a new, updated, unsigned copy of G-325a in case it comes up during the interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

I have the same problem!! Or almost... So I have changed my address temporarily during the visa process (that was when my papers were already on the way to Finland) but changed it back to the address which is in the original I-219F. But due some technical problems or so, when I changed it back to my original address, it didnt update back to my information. So yesterday when I picked up my birth certification (here in Finland it has the current address as well), it still showed the address I changed for temporarily ( so different address than in our K1-applications). I changed it back immediately via Internet so I need to go and pick up new, updated birth certificate. My concern is, that since I didnt notice that my address chancing had not taken a place earlier, I sent my first DS-230 form to the embassy with kinda "wrong" address (the address I have in my I-219F) last week and now my new birth certificate what I will have, will show that I just moved to that address although I have been there during the whole process except that few weeks little time ago. Im just worried they will tell Im lying or giving them failure information or so. Or do they care? The city of living has been same all the time, just address has changed.

• 11 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

@notyuriy

How did this work out for you? Did they accept it? I would like to know, because I'm in the same position at the moment.

Thank you

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to RUB Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.