JerryShaw

Need a little help with DHL / Loomis

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We have our Interview in a couple weeks in Montreal, and I want to make sure I have the DHL requirement covered.

We are going to go to the Loomis Express office in Calgary on Thursday.

Loomis Express

3000 - 15th Street NE

T2E 8V6, Calgary, AB

What do I ask for? Do they give me an envelope or something else? what is it that I need from them to take and show at the interview ?

Thanks in Advance....

We have our Interview in a couple weeks in Montreal, and I want to make sure I have the DHL requirement covered.

We are going to go to the Loomis Express office in Calgary on Thursday.

Loomis Express

3000 - 15th Street NE

T2E 8V6, Calgary, AB

What do I ask for? Do they give me an envelope or something else? what is it that I need from them to take and show at the interview ?

Thanks in Advance....

You don't go to a Loomis or DHL office. You sign up online, here: http://www.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 forum to Canada as OP asked country-specific question.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You don't go to a Loomis or DHL office. You sign up online, here: http://www.usvisa-in...country_welcome

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 forum to Canada as OP asked country-specific question.

THANKS Saylin !!!!!!

The instructions they put on there [step 1] (figures I would trip on step #1 :( ).... it says to click on Log In. This web site does not have Log In, it has Create and Account, and Sign In.... I assume this is the correct site, and my wife needs to create an account, then sign in and follow these instructions.. Right?

IV Applicant Who Need to Register for Loomis services If you are an Immigrant Visa Applicant and your appointment was booked by KCC, NVC or VSC you will need to register for courier services before attending your interview. Follow these steps in order to register:

1. Click on "Log In" on the top right corner section of the website
  2. Provide your passport number, nationality and date of birth. Click on "Log In"
  3. This will take you to the Applicant Summary page. Click on "Register for Courier Services"
  4. Click on Canadian Citizen or Non Canadian Citizen, depending on your case
  5. Click on Immigrant Visas, Select the option entitled Permanently Immigrate to the US - Register for Courier Services Only and click on "Submit"
  6. Select Montreal Consulate and click on "Submit"
  7. Read the information and click on "Continue"
  8. Provide your personal details and click on "Submit" (If you provide your e-mail address, we will send you an e-mail message with your waybill number)
  9. OPTIONAL – Add family members, if needed, by clicking on "Add family members"
  10. Click on "Continue"
  11. Select your Loomis location and click on "Submit". Follow the prompts until you have received a confirmation on the screen.
  12. Print your Confirmation Page, you will be asked to present it before entering the consulate premises on the day of your appointment.

ATTENTION: Please allow at least 1 (one) week from the day of your interview appointment before you check the status of your documents by logging back to the website. Please do NOT contact the Consulate directly with any inquiries about your documents.

THANKS Saylin !!!!!!

The instructions they put on there [step 1] (figures I would trip on step #1 :( ).... it says to click on Log In. This web site does not have Log In, it has Create and Account, and Sign In.... I assume this is the correct site, and my wife needs to create an account, then sign in and follow these instructions.. Right?

IV Applicant Who Need to Register for Loomis services If you are an Immigrant Visa Applicant and your appointment was booked by KCC, NVC or VSC you will need to register for courier services before attending your interview. Follow these steps in order to register:

1. Click on "Log In" on the top right corner section of the website
  2. Provide your passport number, nationality and date of birth. Click on "Log In"
  3. This will take you to the Applicant Summary page. Click on "Register for Courier Services"
  4. Click on Canadian Citizen or Non Canadian Citizen, depending on your case
  5. Click on Immigrant Visas, Select the option entitled Permanently Immigrate to the US - Register for Courier Services Only and click on "Submit"
  6. Select Montreal Consulate and click on "Submit"
  7. Read the information and click on "Continue"
  8. Provide your personal details and click on "Submit" (If you provide your e-mail address, we will send you an e-mail message with your waybill number)
  9. OPTIONAL – Add family members, if needed, by clicking on "Add family members"
  10. Click on "Continue"
  11. Select your Loomis location and click on "Submit". Follow the prompts until you have received a confirmation on the screen.
  12. Print your Confirmation Page, you will be asked to present it before entering the consulate premises on the day of your appointment.

ATTENTION: Please allow at least 1 (one) week from the day of your interview appointment before you check the status of your documents by logging back to the website. Please do NOT contact the Consulate directly with any inquiries about your documents.

Yes, you're going to need to create an account first. Have the beneficiary's passport handy as it requires the passport number.

I also have to register with Loomis. I don't see a Toronto location listed. What are my options?

You choose whatever other location in Ontario is closest to you. You can either drive to that location or sign up for it to be delivered to your house (extra fee).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I also have to register with Loomis. I don't see a Toronto location listed. What are my options?

I chose Brampton.

I think at some point, you can also choose to pay an additional fee to have your documents sent directly to you.

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My case was just shipped to NVC yesterday, should I register with loomis now and get it out of the way or should I wait?

Married: October 23, 2012
Sent I-130: March 4, 2013
NOA 1: March 6, 2013
Case Touched: April 5, 2013
Case transferred to 'local office': November 7, 2013
Case transferred to USCIS office: November 8, 2013

Hardcopy notification that case is at Nebraska office: November 15, 2013

NOA 2: January 23rd, 2014 (email notification)

Case shipped to NVC: January 24th, 2014

NVC received case: February 6, 2014

USCIS admitted to creating two case numbers for us and giving us the wrong one: March 20, 2014

USCIS faxed RFE to us: March 20, 2014

Submitted requested forms three days before deadline: March 23, 2014

NVC Ready for our case: May 27, 2014

NVC allowing us submit all forms and pay fees: July 27, 2014

Notice sponsor made error on I-864: September 27, 2014

Resubmitted sponsor I-864: September 28, 2014

Scan date: September 30, 2014

Notice of NVC processing delay: October 18, 20, and 21, 2014 (we got three)

CASE COMPLETE: December 2, 2014

medical: December 18, 2014

interview: January 5, 2015

My case was just shipped to NVC yesterday, should I register with loomis now and get it out of the way or should I wait?

wait until it's been shipped to the consulate.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 10 months later...
Timeline

So now is the time for me to register for Loomis and I'm very confused. I have to choose a Trip Purpose and I don't know which to choose "scheduled by nvc" or "courier services only". Also it doesn't give me an option to have it mailed to me. All I can do is pick "Montreal". I don't know if some one can walk me through this. I feel silly.

USCIS admitted to creating two case numbers for us and giving us the wrong one: March 20, 2014

Timeline

Saylin posted step by step instructions above

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Saylin posted step by step instructions above

well i'm blind haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.