onye uwaoma

PLS HELP TO AVOID RFE ON AOS PACKAGE...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone! Pls does anyone know how I can avoid RFE on my aos package? I have a co-sponsor whose name on tax transcript is difference from her hame on birth certificate... How can we address this asap pls? I'm counting on your valuable advice pls. God bless you as you help me in this matter...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Why is it different?

For example if she changed her name due to marriage, then sending the marriage cert- or just an up-to-date passport with the new name matching the tax filings- would help.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Is sending in a copy of the joint sponsor's passport instead of a copy of the birth certificate acceptable? I just realized that I will have the same issue.

August 2008 - We met (Both living in Egypt)

October 2008 - Moved in together

Sept. 2010 - Engaged (Living together in Cyprus)

June 2011 - Married!

11 July 2012 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

20 July 2012 - NOA1 Received (via email)

29 July 2012 - NOA2 Received (I-797)

23 Aug 2012 - NVC Case Number assigned and AOS invoice received (via email)

27 Aug 2012 - AOS bill paid and DS-3032 sent via email

5 Oct 2012 - AOS packet sent

20 Nov 2012 - RFE on AOS packet received

16 Dec 2012 - IV bill paid

25 Jan 2013 - IV packet and AOS RFE response sent

22 Feb 2013 - Case Complete

6 March 2013 - Interview date rec'd

10 April 2013 - Medical Scheduled

12 April 2013 - Interview

01 Oct 2013 - Entered US

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Is sending in a copy of the joint sponsor's passport instead of a copy of the birth certificate acceptable? I just realized that I will have the same issue.

Yes, a copy of the passport can be substituted for the birth certificate.

For the OP, yes, include the divorce decree if it mentions both the maiden and married names. If not, provide the marriage certificate too.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Her passport name is the same as birth certificate still different from name on tax transcript...but when someone get divorced can they still own a marriage certificate...? Thanking you all for your contributions

Of course. The fact that the marriage took place is a matter of public record, just like the divorce. Your issue is documenting that the sponsor is a US Citizen. With the passport and birth certificate still in the maiden name, either use a divorce certificate that mentions both maiden and married name or a marriage certificate (certified copies) that will document that smith married jones.

The marriage certificate is no longer valid. It's just a record of something that happened.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thank you pushbrk you brought me relief with your response. Do I have to do a letter explaining the name difference together with the documentary evidence(divorce papers)? Thank you again in anticipation for your further response

No, but do put the papers together, so they can figure it out.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.