katie1990

Im Afraid I Might Get Denied....

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

As most probably know,my situtation is unique,because my father,who is the petitioner is in prison on a life sentense. Obviously he wont be attending the interview with me. He signed all the paperwork and is trying to help out as much as he cab from withing prison walls. Ive already prepared all the letters from all these years,all the visitor logs, we visit every 3 months because hes far away,all the phone calls,the money deposits,not just for me but for my mother too she will be sending her petition in 2 weeks,My mother has never left my fathers side nor havei were very much hopefull he will get out one day,God willing. Even though we have all this evidence,what indeed is that i need to prove?im confused as to how works for me what will i be asked or what do i have to prove?can i get denied for something that is out of our control?My attorney reassured me everything will be fine he even indicated my mother might have a harder time,but he said it will be ok.Im so nervous any advice would be appreciated sinse i have no idea how immigratuon works. Thank you .

June, 1996: EWI from Honduras and been here ever since !
April , 2001: American born father filed I-130
May 22 , 2012 : Lawyer sent AOS
June 10, 2012 : checks cashed
June 11, 2012 : NOA's arrived
June 13, 2012 : Biometrics appointment arrived for July 5th
June 19, 2012: Succesful walk-in at Bellflower,ca office
July 25, 2012 : First card production ordered text/email
July 30, 2012 : second card production ordered text/email
July 30 ,2012 : Third text/email approval notice sent
July 31,2012 : Fourth text/email usps reported it picked up email
Aug 2, 2012 : Fifth email USPS has delivered your new card at address on file
Sep 7,2012 : Text notification update: On September7th we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for October 10,2012!!
Sep 10,2012: receieved interview letter in the mail for October 10 at LA field office!

May 6,2013 : Recieved email I-485 approved

May 10,2013: card document production ordered/ received Welcome letter

May 16,2013: Received Green Card in Mail!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:wow: i just read your story and i can feel your pain, im really sorry to hear about all that you and your family have gone through. may god bless the entire family and guide you all safely through this immigration process.

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have faith in God coz HE is greater than your worries..God Bless your heart..everything will be fine with you In JESUS name :)

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Timeline

Thank you for your kind words, sorry about the typographical errors i was posting from my cell...I pray every day that everything will be ok. not just because of me,but because now that im under Immigration's eye,i know that on October 10th there's only 2 things that could happen. If i was to get denied or even my mother,i dont even want to think what would happen to my dad.He has nobody's support but ours,i know it might seem as if hes a bad person because of the situation hes in,but i know what kind of person he is,how he raised me with all the love amd support,im the person i am today because of him.Its not easy taking all of this in at once,after being here illegaly all of these years and looking at immigration as "some monster you have to stay away from" its hard to think what would happen.It was nt my fault that i didnt become Legal 11 years ago,we were naive beleving all these stories from all thses people how there was no way out for us,i was a little girl i dont know what happened but im thankful that we found light at the end of the tunnel,i just hope and pray everything will be ok.

Sep 7,2012 : Text notification update: On September7th we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for October 10,2012!!
Sep 10,2012: receieved interview letter in the mail for October 10 at LA field office!

Timeline

I also have an 11 year old brother who has High functioning Autism, he needs my mother here with him,and i try to help out as much as i can, he was only 4 years old when our father was incarcerated, he doesnt really understand what is going on .

As long as you have faith and belive in God. he will work everything out in your favor....Im very sorry about your Dad. "You will never know your own strength until being strong is your only option". Be strong for your brother and mother.

God bless

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

As most probably know,my situtation is unique,because my father,who is the petitioner is in prison on a life sentense. Obviously he wont be attending the interview with me. He signed all the paperwork and is trying to help out as much as he cab from withing prison walls. Ive already prepared all the letters from all these years,all the visitor logs, we visit every 3 months because hes far away,all the phone calls,the money deposits,not just for me but for my mother too she will be sending her petition in 2 weeks,My mother has never left my fathers side nor havei were very much hopefull he will get out one day,God willing. Even though we have all this evidence,what indeed is that i need to prove?im confused as to how works for me what will i be asked or what do i have to prove?can i get denied for something that is out of our control?My attorney reassured me everything will be fine he even indicated my mother might have a harder time,but he said it will be ok.Im so nervous any advice would be appreciated sinse i have no idea how immigratuon works. Thank you .

things happen for a reason and all you have to do is stay positive. I will be praying for your approval. Have faith....stay strong....

00fg9n74.png

EWI, TPS, ADVANCE PAROLE, AOS

05/30-(day 0)- AOS sent

06/01-(day 1)- AOS received

06/04-(day 4)- AOS acceptance

06/06-(day 6)-Txt/Email, routed to NBC

06/09-(day 9)-I-797 NOA received (Saturday)

06/11-(day 11)-Called to fix typographical error(Missing middle name on I-130)

06/20-(day 20)- Email received (Saying error fixed)

07/13-(day 43)Email: reused most recent biometrics, awaiting Indie status

09/10-(day 103)Humanitarian Expedite Request

9/13-(day 106) Interview October 17TH (TOTAL 139 DAYS)

9/17-APPROVED ON THE SPOT AND STAMP ON PASSPORT WHICH EXPIRES IN ONE YR!!!

Timeline

Thank You Everyone for your kind and reassuring words!!! I feel much better now ,ill just let God take it from here! :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.