Franchesca

income requirements

9 posts in this topic

Ok so this whole income requirement is confusing. I didn't file for taxes in 2009 I was stiil under my mom as,her dependent so I only have 2010 and 2012 and am being told I need three years. Also I am a server for ihop so we get paid hourly plus tips when I add my gross pay and my tips year to date I make the requirements but I don't know if it can be done like that. My whole issue is I won't be able to have a co sponsor cause there's no one to help me. Help please

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's about current and continuing income. If your average weekly wages now, computed annually, meet the requirement then you ought to be ok. You would support the income claimed with copies of your recent paystubs from both jobs.

For example, if you made $400/wk at job1 and $200/wk at job2, then you'd show $600/wk x 52 as your income.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

So I wouldn't need a co sponsor cause I have no one

Please have a look at the income requirements here. For a family size of two you need to make more than $18,912. As long as you meet that you will not need a co-sponsor.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you guys so much

Question at least how much do you have to have in the bank??

Not a requirement. If you have sufficient income there is nothing else needed.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you guys so much

Question at least how much do you have to have in the bank??

Are you planning on using your continuing income or your assets to sponsor your fiance? If you meet the minimum requirements with your two jobs then there is no need to fuss with your assets like the money you have in your bank account.

If you do need to use assets because your jobs do not meet the minimum requirement then I believe, you will need 3 times the difference between the your income and 125% of the poverty level for the household size. So for example, let's say Joe makes $12,000 a year, has no substantial assets otherwise and wants to sponsor his fiance over. Let's also assume the poverty level income is set at $18,912 for a family of 2 (Joe and his fiance).

You'll need to subtract Joe's income ($12,000) with the poverty level income ($18,912) to get $6,912. Then take $6,912 and multiply that by 3 to get $20,736--which is approximately the minimum that Joe must have in his bank account.

Keep in mind that as soon as you introduce assets into the affidavit to try and prove eligibility, you will have to provide a lot of paperwork to prove that you actually own those assets. Finally, money in the bank is kind of iffy to some consulates because people sometimes just borrow some money from friends or family to put into their account and make it look big for USCIS then return the money once they get what they want. Or they have a lot of money in the bank one month and then have to pay a ton of bills and end up with no money the next month. So money in the bank isn't the best evidence to provide anyway.

Edited by Piefre

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.