Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Phil k

I made a big mistake what should i do now.

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello first post here, Im a long time viewer, This website has been a huge help to know what I should submit. Im making this post because I wanted ask a question and to share my mistake and get some feedback.

At the moment I am getting all my paperwork together to submit for the removal of conditions on my wife's green card.

I am missing my "Vital" 2010 showing married status and 2011 joint filing "Tax Transcripts". I do have a copy of the 2011 1040ez form using H&R block is this good enough?. I read somewhere that USCIS will Only accept tax transcripts, is this true? anyway I figure not a big deal just to be on the safe side of things Ive decided to just call IRS and request the tax transcripts for both 2010 and 2011 be sent to my house. the Next step call the IRS number and request the transcripts.... easy enough right? so I call and it asks for SS # then after that it asks for the # in your street address. I do that and the response is "im sorry that number does not match our records please double check and try again". I am a little confused call back try again maybe I pressed the wrong number by mistake. I go through it again and same response again. Something is not right. I check the address on my 1040EZ tax form and to my amazement, when I filled out the information I put the wrong number for my street for example 4567 would be my street #, but on the tax form I put 4568. I had direct deposit on the refund so I did not notice my mistake until now. (Stupid Mistake) "face palm"

Well it turns out A While back that I made this same mistake on my credit card statement address one number below the actual street. (double face palm) my wife was not pleased to hear of my careless mistakes. I also did not know I had made that mistake for almost a year because the statements still came to my house even though I had the address number wrong. I live at an apartment complex and even though the street # number was off, it still came to my apartment complex just a different street and because my apartment # was correct it still came to my apartment mail box. I have since corrected my credit card statement and it now shows the correct address.

Ok.. So I called the IRS again this time with address I put on the tax form it went good no problems, to telling me I should expect it in the mail within 1-2weeks. I am now waiting to see if it still comes to my apartment mailbox because at least I got that correct thinking maybe it will be the same as the cc statements and the mail man will see my apartment number and just use that for

the correct box. so I might still receive it. Lets assume I do not receive it in the mail because of my mistake, Can I go to my local IRS center and request transcripts in person?

I need some feedback on what to do now.. my tax transcripts if I ever receive them and my some of my credit card statements have a small typo in the street address. When I submit these copies will the USCIS reject these forms? do you think I should write a letter explaining this situation and tell them why my street address on my tax transcript and some of my credit card statements are different. everything in the address is identical the street name, state, zip, apartment number even the first 3 numbers of the street are the same except that last digit if off. its a clear as day hit the wrong number typo in the address.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to this post.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't get it, you can go to your local IRS office and make a request.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.