gflower

Preparing for AOS interview

4 posts in this topic

My interview is on Friday September 21st.

Gathering everything now. But would love some help as to what I need to bring. My interview letter had a list of things and below are the things I need help with. Any information woud be greatly appreciated! Thank You in advance amazing Visa Journeyers! x x x x

1) A completed affidavit of support with all required evidence including the following, for each of your sponsors, unless already submitted:

- Federal Income Tax returns and W-2's or certified IRS printouts for the most recent tax year

- Letters from each current employer, verifying current rate of pay and average weekly hours, and pay stubs for the pasy 2 months

- Evidence of your sponsors and/or co-sponsors United States Citizenship or lawful permanent resident status

(cant remember if I included the top 2 items in my I-485 package. Obviously the last item is my hubbys passport. shall I bring the above 2 again? I think I already submitted it and didnt get an RFE)

2) All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident Status

(WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?!?! my whole K-1 petition???)

3) supporting evidence of your relationship such as copies of any docs regarding joint assets or liabilities you and your spouse may have together.

- We have a joint apartment lease

- we have joint car insurance

- we have joint bank statements since 2009

- we have joint phone bill

- we have both our driving lisence showing we live at the same address

- we have tons of photos from our wedding

- we have memorabilia from our wedding

- we have tons of emails

(IS THIS ENOUGH EVIDENCE????)

4) Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application. Otherwise we may keep your originals for our records.

(WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??? FROM MY K-1 PETITION????? Help! :) )

5) If I have ever had point on my CA driving liscence then I need to bring documentation.

(YES I HAD A TICKET FROM 2008 for speeding - shall I go to the DMV? for documentation?)

THANK YOU! can you tell i'm nervous? giddy in fact.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

1) I bet you already included them, otherwise you would have received a RFE. Bring them with you again, just in case.

2) This letter is generic for every people adjusting status, so do not ask yourself too much questions on the list of items. :P Your eligibility is based on your marriage, so, bring your marriage certificate (an original and a copy). Have your NOA2 from your I-129F petition too. Just bring everything you may think is important. Better have too many documents with you, than not enough.

3) Yes it is! Make photocopies of these (for example, photocopy your joint lease, your joint insurance cards, etc...), so it is ready for the IO to put in your file. You will just have to show him/her the originals and keep them. Otherwise, the IO will have to make photocopies, it's time lost for nothing..

4) This is simple. For example, if you sent a copy of your birth certificate in your original package, bing the original with you. Bring copies and original with you, otherwise they will have to keep the original (that you usually would prefer to keep with you) or they can make a copy for their records, it's usually not a problem but it's time lost for nothing for the IO.

5) I do not think a ticket for speeding is a criminal problem, and that USCIS want to see the documentation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Relax, gather all your docs, make photocopies, organize them all nicely so it is easy for you to give them to the IO. Read reviews of people who had interview in your local USCIS office (http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/), and you should be very well prepared! :)

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

just bring copies and original of all documents submitted,,,,bring bring photo i had my interview 23 august and all i was ask for was supporting document to proof bonfire marriage,,,, eg,,, lease agreement, insurance,phone bill, etc,,, and just relax and be urself,,, it not as bad as it seem ,,, good luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

1) I bet you already included them, otherwise you would have received a RFE. Bring them with you again, just in case.

2) This letter is generic for every people adjusting status, so do not ask yourself too much questions on the list of items. :P Your eligibility is based on your marriage, so, bring your marriage certificate (an original and a copy). Have your NOA2 from your I-129F petition too. Just bring everything you may think is important. Better have too many documents with you, than not enough.

3) Yes it is! Make photocopies of these (for example, photocopy your joint lease, your joint insurance cards, etc...), so it is ready for the IO to put in your file. You will just have to show him/her the originals and keep them. Otherwise, the IO will have to make photocopies, it's time lost for nothing..

4) This is simple. For example, if you sent a copy of your birth certificate in your original package, bing the original with you. Bring copies and original with you, otherwise they will have to keep the original (that you usually would prefer to keep with you) or they can make a copy for their records, it's usually not a problem but it's time lost for nothing for the IO.

5) I do not think a ticket for speeding is a criminal problem, and that USCIS want to see the documentation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Relax, gather all your docs, make photocopies, organize them all nicely so it is easy for you to give them to the IO. Read reviews of people who had interview in your local USCIS office (http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/), and you should be very well prepared! :)

I believe you are right on #5 as well, I have been pulled over twice for traffic violations and I'm not worried about it lol It even says so on the paper they mailed with your Interview notice. Traffic violations aren't that big of a deal for them .

AOS/EAD Timeline

Married May 5th 2011 At San Francisco City Hall

May 31th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

Jun 8th, 2012 - NOAs for all applications

Jun 29th, 2012 - AOS Biometrics Appointment

Jul 11th, 2012 - EAD Biometrics Appointment

Aug 8nd, 2012 - EAD approved

Aug 18th, 2012 - EADCard received

Sep 13th, 2012 - AOS Interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.