Pitaya

August 2012 AOS Filers

195 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hang in there. Sounds like you are on the right path to success! :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Ahmed got a notice today responding to his service request. He is in queue for an interview and as soon as it is scheduled they will let hm know. Would have been nice to have gotten an interview at the 3-4 months like a lot of other people had and not the 11 months since he filed. :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Kim and Ahmed - hang in there!

We were approved today! After 11 months. The system is just backlogged.

2010-07-15 - Met in China as graduate students, began dating
2011-10-03 - Engagement proposal, 2 week visit to China
2011-12-10 - I-129F Sent
2011-12-21 - I-129F NOA1, Notice Date
2012-04-18 - Larry visits Xinji and family for 12 days in China
2012-04-24 - I-129F NOA2, Notice Date
2012-05-10 - NVC Left
2012-05-25 - Packet 3 Received
2012-05-29 - Packet 3 Sent
2012-06-07 - Packet 4 Received
2012-07-02 - Interview Date - Approved
2012-07-07 - Visa Received
2012-07-18 - US Entry - Newark
2012-08-12 - Married
2012-08-23 - Date Filed I-485 (AOS), 765 (EA), 131 (AP)
2012-09-21 - Biometrics Appointment
2012-10-26 - Approved Date for EA and AP
2012-11-05 - Date EA and AP Combo Card Received

2013-07-25 - Informed online green card was ordered to be produced (no interview)

2013-08-02 - Permanent resident card received

Timeline

:dancing: CONGRATS !!! :dancing:

Kim and Ahmed - hang in there!

We were approved today! After 11 months. The system is just backlogged.

Congrats!!!! What great news.

Did you have an interview? I know they are backlogged, but it just seem like the ones who had interviews and approved were done at the 3-4 month marka fter approval and not 11 months. No date yet for interview, so I think Ahmed might need to submit for extension on work permit and travel authorization, as these expire in October and don't want to wait to the last minute. Didn't want to have to submit these, but just don't want to take the chance that even with a date, he is not approved right away(AP after K-1 interview for almost 2 months) that he would have to quit his job as the extensioon did not happen.

Timeline

Congrats!!!! What great news.

Did you have an interview? I know they are backlogged, but it just seem like the ones who had interviews and approved were done at the 3-4 month marka fter approval and not 11 months. No date yet for interview, so I think Ahmed might need to submit for extension on work permit and travel authorization, as these expire in October and don't want to wait to the last minute. Didn't want to have to submit these, but just don't want to take the chance that even with a date, he is not approved right away(AP after K-1 interview for almost 2 months) that he would have to quit his job as the extensioon did not happen.

You should consider sending in the EAD renewal 90 days prior to the EAD/AP expiration. Hopefully they will process the renewal promptly.

Hey, in the meantime, you never know, you will hear some positive news about the AOS application.

Continuing to wish you good luck and for prompt resolution. smile.png

We got the notice today for our AOS interview. August 8th at 8:00am. I am nervous because they want a current employment letter and the last one I got took a month(big company, the request had to go through several layers in HR), so I am hoping to be able to have it rushed for me to get by Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahmed was approved this morning!!!! Interview took about 20 minutes, they took one picture we ahd a few papers(insurabce policies, and bank accounts statements) and they had to review a few papers, but we should know by today. At 9:45, I got a text and email saying case had been updated. Logged in and saw that they had already ordered production of his greencard. We are so happy and it is a relief to be done for almso two years with immigration. Thank you everyone who helped us along the way.

Timeline

:dancing: CONGRATULATIONS !!! :dancing:

You certainly have earned your 21-month "vacation" from USCIS! Enjoy!!!

Take a look at the "ROC Date Calculator" link at the bottom of my signature. It may be of use to you when planning for the ROC step.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello August fillers!

On August 6, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you......

Today I received my "Welcome to America'" letter and my card is on its way :).. It took exactly "ONE YEAR" to receive that approval..I got a REF June first, 2 months later they approved. Thank God without INTERVIEW dancin5hr.gif dancin5hr.gif ... Thank you ALL for your support and time.

Good luck to all of you!

Cam & Ellie

Timeline

:dancing: CONGRATULATIONS !!! :dancing:

Yay!!!!! You finally got it!!!

Enjoy your 21 month vacation from this immigration stuff!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

It works people... last Friday we received the letter with the AOS approval... no email, txt, etc...

On Saturday the greencard was already in the mailbox... after all this waiting, just great.... to all the ones still waiting... take it easy... it'll happen...

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congrats everybody! We also never had an interview.

Hope everybody got the card now, if not, hang in there!

2010-07-15 - Met in China as graduate students, began dating
2011-10-03 - Engagement proposal, 2 week visit to China
2011-12-10 - I-129F Sent
2011-12-21 - I-129F NOA1, Notice Date
2012-04-18 - Larry visits Xinji and family for 12 days in China
2012-04-24 - I-129F NOA2, Notice Date
2012-05-10 - NVC Left
2012-05-25 - Packet 3 Received
2012-05-29 - Packet 3 Sent
2012-06-07 - Packet 4 Received
2012-07-02 - Interview Date - Approved
2012-07-07 - Visa Received
2012-07-18 - US Entry - Newark
2012-08-12 - Married
2012-08-23 - Date Filed I-485 (AOS), 765 (EA), 131 (AP)
2012-09-21 - Biometrics Appointment
2012-10-26 - Approved Date for EA and AP
2012-11-05 - Date EA and AP Combo Card Received

2013-07-25 - Informed online green card was ordered to be produced (no interview)

2013-08-02 - Permanent resident card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.